Linkin Park and Nu Metal

Or, even something else they could do, is for their major albums, keep going the direction they're going, but in the LPU, keep trying different things within the nu metal...

It shouldn't be too hard, they've said themselves they can **** out great nu metal songs with no effort, how hard would it be to have a 12 track LPU of hybrid theory 3?

Or, even something else they could do, is for their major albums, keep going the direction they're going, but in the LPU, keep trying different things within the nu metal...

It shouldn't be too hard, they've said themselves they can **** out great nu metal songs with no effort, how hard would it be to have a 12 track LPU of hybrid theory 3?
Are you for real? They're not the same band. Why would they keep making stuff they don't like anymore?

I see lots of "statement" that pure rap is dead..like wtf? try to scope out rap songs outside shitty mtv and stuff. I guess people just listen to lil jon, 50 cent and other idiots who are killing rap scene with their mainstream **** without lookin and hearing underground rap scene which is highly strong within rap fans, and they keep sayin rap is dead. On mtv rap is not rap..its ****..deep ****.
About nu metal..its dying cuz of trends..now shreding and soloing is back in (thank god). boring lifeless detuned riffs and chessy lyrics are history step by step. Bands who are keep playing same not interesting **** are dying. That's fact. So I admit, LP has to do some changes. too much HT noise will kill their future. But, they need extremely to work out on their changes or their next album will be also ****. If they want mature sound, new sound, even better album than before, than do it..listen to lot of other stuff, find the influences, even learn something new..find an inspiration. Without it, trying to do best music can be pain in the ass and it results shitty music with no soul or message in it (some call it makin music).

Back to topic..nu metal may die but whole metal genre won't die. It's all about trends..like wearing a clothes, hairstyles etc. What's in what's out..
you all will get in eventually

I doubt they don't like it, since they still play it at all their shows....
Minutes to Midnight was just released and you have to consider that the tracks for the whole album aren't enough to cover an entire show. So it's only natural that they'd fall back and play older songs like "Faint" or "Numb" or maybe even "In The End" or "Crawling." Not because they like them but because they don't have anymore new material to play. But I think they'll slowly phase them out as they release more albums and not really play any of their really old songs that much if at all.

Is nu metal really dead? Linkin Park were one of the originals in Nu Metal, especially with the Rap Rock category, and I find it odd that they would follow suit with the rest of the bands, since them doing the opposite was how they picked up such a huge fan base in the first place. If they are going to be one of the first, they might as well be one of the last. If you liked their first two CDs, it's very likely that you like Nu Metal (maybe...just maybe...) so it would make sense for them to continue it, or for at least half of the CD or more. I guess there are a lot of emo fans (really?) so maybe they're trying to appeal to a new crowd? But I'm not quite sure why a band would drop such a hard, pounding, deafening, wild style for something so soft and conservative just like that.

I still don't get why people would say Nu Metal is dead. If they released another Nu Metal CD, I would've bought it. But I'm not going to support a style I don't like...Idk...it's confusing to me.

Is nu metal really dead? Linkin Park were one of the originals in Nu Metal, especially with the Rap Rock category, and I find it odd that they would follow suit with the rest of the bands, since them doing the opposite was how they picked up such a huge fan base in the first place. If they are going to be one of the first, they might as well be one of the last. If you liked their first two CDs, it's very likely that you like Nu Metal (maybe...just maybe...) so it would make sense for them to continue it, or for at least half of the CD or more. I guess there are a lot of emo fans (really?) so maybe they're trying to appeal to a new crowd? But I'm not quite sure why a band would drop such a hard, pounding, deafening, wild style for something so soft and conservative just like that.

I still don't get why people would say Nu Metal is dead. If they released another Nu Metal CD, I would've bought it. But I'm not going to support a style I don't like...Idk...it's confusing to me.
LP weren't originals with nu metal..there were plenty of bands before them.
Korn and Deftones were first. LP were there to beat Limp Bizkit and they actually did that, and then they moved with some differences to another level.

Well I guess you guys are right, but that doesn't mean it's dead. Korn still went platinum and they're still going strong. Wonder which direction they are going with their 8th. I hope they don't change it up. At least one band has to stay true.

With LP, maybe it was the rap-rock thing that took them in a new direction. After all, I don't know a whole lot who did that. P.O.D. but their rapper didn't sound as good as Mike and their guitar riffs were nothing even close in comparison with LP. Thing is, LP took maybe a popular brand of music and almost made their own genre. Nobody did it like them. I could listen to the music without words and be awed by the way the drums and guitar would play. Lying From You, With You, Hit the Floor, Faint, etc. etc. And Mike's lines from songs like With You, Forgotten, In the End, etc. etc. and Chester's ability to both sing really well and scream in a way that made it incredible but not difficult to listen to or just stupid ranting like some heavy metal made them what they were.

So even if Nu Metal isn't as popular, it's probably because people listened to the music and always thought, these guys just can't rock out like Linkin Park can...

Just my opinion.

Well I guess you guys are right, but that doesn't mean it's dead. Korn still went platinum and they're still going strong. Wonder which direction they are going with their 8th. I hope they don't change it up. At least one band has to stay true.

With LP, maybe it was the rap-rock thing that took them in a new direction. After all, I don't know a whole lot who did that. P.O.D. but their rapper didn't sound as good as Mike and their guitar riffs were nothing even close in comparison with LP. Thing is, LP took maybe a popular brand of music and almost made their own genre. Nobody did it like them. I could listen to the music without words and be awed by the way the drums and guitar would play. Lying From You, With You, Hit the Floor, Faint, etc. etc. And Mike's lines from songs like With You, Forgotten, In the End, etc. etc. and Chester's ability to both sing really well and scream in a way that made it incredible but not difficult to listen to or just stupid ranting like some heavy metal made them what they were.

So even if Nu Metal isn't as popular, it's probably because people listened to the music and always thought, these guys just can't rock out like Linkin Park can...

Just my opinion.

I agree completely with what you said... I don't mind mind LP's new style at all though, I kind of like it.

And even though other started the "nu-metal" genre, LP's style and way of nu-metal is completely different than any band I have yet to hear.

Back