Linkin Park Recording New Studio Album !

They should really get out of their shells and really do some crazy ****. Rob always can bust out some chops and fills and stuff, but when he's in the studio, even on The Little Things Give You Away, which was Rob's original idea (Drum Song) to begin with, he still played very conservatively and to the point. Set the groove.

Just an example I noticed because I'm a drummer. I also noticed that Given Up had a total of 3 different guitar grooves and nothing else, etc. etc. etc. If something is different, fit it in and make it work. They pissed me off by deleting the scratching that was already recorded because then they tried to marginalize their sound and put it into a box. It didn't fit into X genre so they removed the turntables.

It couldn't have just been "well, I don't think it'll fit in this song," and Joe wouldn't have recorded any to begin with. But he did, because he obviously thought they'd fit.

Just making examples. I hope they're a bit more free on this album.

Great post, yeah they should try out more idea's they have

Here's all the info I could grab on the new album.

From the LPU chat
http://lplive.net/serg/ChatWithMike.doc

mshinoda (19:24): new album: don't know what it will sound like, but we hope to always push the envelope in the types of songs we make and the way we put them out. we'll see what happens.

mshinoda
(19:29): instrumental album: there may be instrumental tracks on the new record...don't know. we'll have to wait and see. i like doing those sometimes (cure for the itch, session...)

mshinoda (19:31): we try to keep the songs on lock down until we're ready for people to hear them. best thing to do is not give them out to anyone until they're done... but you can never tell, with the internet these days. we've been lucky up until now. and on the other hand, we've worked very hard to keep songs from leaking

lplive.net made the thing up about March to May, it wasn't in the source, but I don't know for sure..

As for Fort Minor... just a matter of interest...

mshinoda
(19:27): as for fort minor, i don't have any plans to do new FM music right now...

So... to some things up...

Advancing from Minutes to Midnight
Maybe an instrumental, there may be instrumentals
Trying not to let songs leak...

Here I'm just ganna say this or it'll bug me.

QUESTIONS FOR NEXT LPU CHAT

- Minutes to Midnight b-sides... it's March... where are they...
- Estimate date for new album
- Estimate date for Dead by Sunrise
- How many tracks are you guessing at this point
- Will Joe be a part of this album
- Will Rick Ruben be producing again
- Will there be more of Mike rapping, singing, or just being the 4th instrument
- Will Phoenix sing
- LPTV
- In the studio DVD
- Release of b-sides on new cd
- How far are you into the writing
.....- recording
.....- mixing
- Genre (nu metal, alternative metal, rap rock, etc.)
- Style (soft, hard, dark, happy, etc.)
- Just making sure, stupid question, NOT a remix, interview, or live album? 100% brand-spankin' new material?
- Since only one MTM b-side was ever released out of five.. this isn't just some weird plan to make a quick buck by putting them on the new cd with a couple other new tracks... right?
- What months are you recoding this? Is the March to May rumor true?
.....- If so, why are you rushing it so much? You were in the studio for Minutes to Midnight for over a year.

- Will Phoenix sing
- LPTV
- In the studio DVD
.....- recording
.....- mixing
- Just making sure, stupid question, NOT a remix, interview, or live album? 100% brand-spankin' new material?
- Since only one MTM b-side was ever released out of five.. this isn't just some weird plan to make a quick buck by putting them on the new cd with a couple other new tracks... right?
.....- If so, why are you rushing it so much? You were in the studio for Minutes to Midnight for over a year.

no offense or anything, but everyone causing all this hubbub over a few details, that some are now calling fake, is a waste of time. i mean we did this for MTM, and look how many were disappointed, let down, and over all pissed off, all im trying to say is dont get all worked up about something that is not even confirmed or close to being released. IMO

no offense or anything, but everyone causing all this hubbub over a few details, that some are now calling fake, is a waste of time. i mean we did this for MTM, and look how many were disappointed, let down, and over all pissed off, all im trying to say is dont get all worked up about something that is not even confirmed or close to being released. IMO

They probably don't even started to work on it yet.

given theyre in the studio for such a short time theyre prolly finishing something off,like some tracks that didnt make MTM that theyve found inspiration for, or perhaps theyre just laying down the ground work, i doubt we'll see an album out this soon...it just wouldnt LP if we didnt hafta wait for 4-5 years for it =p

- Will Phoenix sing
- LPTV
- In the studio DVD
.....- recording
.....- mixing

Lol. I lost faith in the intelligence of this post when I read "Will Joe be a part of this album?" Because, you know, Joe just was like '**** it,' and entirely missed the recording of the album. Because, you know. All DJ's do is scratch. Haha.

Yes bitches, that's good news. :D I hope they give rise to another album of its own style. Different from MTM or Hybrid/Meteora. And I hope there's more Hahnage.

Back