LP Fansites finally being punished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahninator

Expect punishment to be dealt to Linkin-Inside, LPRussia and LinkinParkBR soon. Warner's legal team finally took notice when Jon and I contacted MSR and WBR about them hosting a bunch of illegal crap. ^_^

LPRussia.com is hosting the "The Rising Tied" Instrumental Album, which has not been released and is illegal to host. the only fansite allowed to host any of them is LPAssociation.com, which hosted the 4 singles with permission of Machine Shop.

linkinparkbr.com also has the Instrumentals as well as Where'd You Joe, the FMM only WYG remix by Joe Hahn.

linkin-inside.com is hosting The Rising Tied official album mp3s, the Numb/Encore single CD, the Believe Me single, the RTN/Petrified radio promo, the Fort Minor Street Team Mixtape, the Collision Course DVD audio, four Jay-Z songs, a Deftones song, two Nine Inch Nails song, all of the Fort Minor and Linkin Park music videos, Multimedia bonus packs of Linkin Park CDs and DVDs, and the DVD rip of Collison Course.

linkin-photo.com is hosting the TRT Instrumental Album, All fort minor CDs and mixtapes, and FM music videos.

they made it simply on the fact so many ppl relied on this site for mp3s and **** that they didn see the ideals in ratting out the sites until hahninator came along.
but really, those sites have the best live audio and video bootlegs around, barely any other fansites can boast the giggs in live vid and live audio...be a shame if they were COMPLETELY shut down, maybe a fine and the deletion of OFFICIAL material only ^^
in any case, LPA doesnt even HOST mp3's anymore, and lptimes has a truckload of vids, buh theyre VIDEOS...so u know...who will be to post bootleg concerts now?
there are ALOT of stingy ppl who wont share concerts with the majority of ppl and that pisses me off :mad:

so what if people relied on that site for stuff, they were doing illegal stuff and its not the first time, so if they get shut down, well then, they get shut down. They have been warned before and they choose to ignore. Instead of getting rid of official stuff and just hosting bootlegs and that, they didnt, so yeh.

i didnt say otherwise, i jus sed maybe they shood JUST host bootlegs? -^
im not defending wat they did, i was merely offering an opinion as to why they werent shut down? there is a difference
i dont care if they get shut down, as long as their are sites and ppl who are still willing to host bootlegs is all im saying, ppl who are still generous?

if you want, I will join with a friend and create a bootleg site to upload shows onto. if a lot of people want that, why the hell not. all it does is good :)

lol I saw a post after mine earlier so I came in and checked...I saw "ladies and gentlemen...Mr. Hahn" and I was like OMG OWNED :p

anyways yeah if you want me to start uploading shows I will

^ I think what Reflecionist meant Hahn was that you conatced WBR and got sites shut down because they were hosting bootlegs. Yet though you have said you would start a website that hosted bootlegs. I believe that is what he was saying.

no I wasn't contacting WBR about bootlegs. I was contating them about all of the fansites hosting ILLEGAL material like music videos, full CDs and unreleased materials.

bootlegs are fine, I have no problem with people hosting them :O

Hazi[LP]Tonz said:
they made it simply on the fact so many ppl relied on this site for mp3s and **** that they didn see the ideals in ratting out the sites until hahninator came along.
but really, those sites have the best live audio and video bootlegs around, barely any other fansites can boast the giggs in live vid and live audio...be a shame if they were COMPLETELY shut down, maybe a fine and the deletion of OFFICIAL material only ^^
in any case, LPA doesnt even HOST mp3's anymore, and lptimes has a truckload of vids, buh theyre VIDEOS...so u know...who will be to post bootleg concerts now?
there are ALOT of stingy ppl who wont share concerts with the majority of ppl and that pisses me off :mad:

Agreed, I don't see why so many people hate that site. Most of the people who talk bad about it have most likely downloaded from it themselves. Yes, I agree they shouldn't host illegal stuff like albums/stuff you can buy, but I think the rest is okay. They should only be made to remove that and that only. It's a really great site for people who are starting to collect or trade. I have dial up right now but I'm still trying to collect concerts and still need a lot from linkin-inside. [/my opinion]

[LP] In The End said:
Agreed, I don't see why so many people hate that site. Most of the people who talk bad about it have most likely downloaded from it themselves. Yes, I agree they shouldn't host illegal stuff like albums/stuff you can buy, but I think the rest is okay. They should only be made to remove that and that only. It's a really great site for people who are starting to collect or trade. I have dial up right now but I'm still trying to collect concerts and still need a lot from linkin-inside. [/my opinion]

The point is that they've been asked multiple times to remove the official material. It took a concentrated effort from several LPU members and LPU admin to have linkin-inside remove the LPU CDs. The thing of it is, they have almost as much official stuff as they do non-official... And they've done nothing to rectify the situatuation, knowing they host official material.

no I wasn't contacting WBR about bootlegs. I was contating them about all of the fansites hosting ILLEGAL material like music videos, full CDs and unreleased materials.

bootlegs are fine, I have no problem with people hosting them

so YOU make the laws now? You can decide what's okay and what's not okay to give out?

Recording and ditributing bootlegs is the same as distributing songs asssssssss the songs ur distributing are still copyrighted.

Yup. Might as well have 'em shut down all thre remixers' sites too, since it's illegal to remix songs that are copywritten. Right Mark?

Mark - You DO know that LP supports free music right?

At least their music is getting out.

Before you go on attacking, these sites were being reported for piracy, not bootlegging. There's a clear division between the 2... The sites mentioned were offering downloads of audio and video that are commercially released.

I believe Mark was just saying that he really didn't care if bootlegs were hosted, and that these sites weren't being reported for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back