LP halfway done with new album

[LP] In The End

"Going back to Linkin Park is like going back home," Shinoda said. "I always joke that I came into hip-hop through the back door, because people know me from Linkin Park, first and foremost. And so when they hear my album, they go, 'Oh, there's the Linkin Park guy.' When I was putting together the Fort Minor record, it probably would've been easier to put my name on the front of it or to make songs that sounded like Linkin Park. But it's all about making something that's honest."

"When we were making Meteora, we wrote 70 to 90 songs to come up with the 12 tracks that are on the album," he said. "For this one, we're going to write more than that. We're about halfway into it. But it'll be out this year. And I can already tell that the record is going to sound a little different than our previous ones."

Source: MTV.com/LPFuse

Last edited by a moderator:
[LP] In The End said:
"Going back to Linkin Park is like going back home," Shinoda said. "I always joke that I came into hip-hop through the back door, because people know me from Linkin Park, first and foremost. And so when they hear my album, they go, 'Oh, there's the Linkin Park guy.' When I was putting together the Fort Minor record, it probably would've been easier to put my name on the front of it or to make songs that sounded like Linkin Park. But it's all about making something that's honest."

"When we were making Meteora, we wrote 70 to 90 songs to come up with the 12 tracks that are on the album," he said. "For this one, we're going to write more than that. We're about halfway into it. But it'll be out this year. And I can already tell that the record is going to sound a little different than our previous ones."

Source: MTV.com/LPFuse

They say this in every interview they give.... I guess they'll sound heavier than on the other 2 records...hopefully

Jeezy said:
I don't think they gonna be softer....

I think its more likely LP will lean towards melodic tunes rather then heavier sounds as they mature, most bands do tend to start off heavier then go softer as their carrers go on. But ya never know, may be more alternative.

Stenners said:
I think its more likely LP will lean towards melodic tunes rather then heavier sounds as they mature, most bands do tend to start off heavier then go softer as their carrers go on. But ya never know, may be more alternative.

oh yeah, most old people i know loves soft music.... but when lp gets older 'nd older hope they're not like them.... hope they still do heavy music... :thumbsup:

I personally love their heavier sound when they do it, but to be honest if they leant too far in any direction they would lose their sound. LP is hard to categorise really because they play with all genres to some degree... if they get too hard or too soft or too melodic then they won't sound like themselves. Having said that if they stay the same they have always been they won't evolve as artists and neither will the music, so really they're damned no matter what they do! :rollseyes:
Whatever happened to the good old days where you could just write songs and play them and not have to delve into the anatomy of it all. I'll just be happy for them to release something that's new and theirs not collaborative, not a huge deal, just a band. That's what I want. I'll either grow to like it or I won't, what does the rest matter??
-Rav

I've been trying not to think about what the album's gonna sound like...

If I try to imagine how it's going to be different, it'll be different from what I think, and then I'll be disappointed no matter what.

That's what happened with Meteora when it came out.

But, yeah.... I hope some of you guys adopt my strategy, it'll save LP a lot of fans if everyone could do that.

People didn't like collision course because it was a mash up album, and not a remix album... I'd have liked it better if they'd remixed both songs and then put 'em together, or put 'em together and remixed them, you know?

like reanimation, except reinterpreted by Jay-Z and Linkin Park....Feat Jay-Z lyrics

Somethin....

That's a bad attitude you have right there, but you won't have to worry about that. LP have said they never collab on their own official studio albums. And so far, they've only done the odd song, plus appearances on other artists' albums.

I think their next album should give brad and pheonix a bit more elbow room, because it seems to me that in their previous albums the guitar and bass was really effective and complimented the rest of the music, but they didn't really get to do anything too extreme. I think a few good guitar solos and some slightly more complex bass lines would be in order.

Mighty_Midget said:
I think their next album should give brad and pheonix a bit more elbow room, because it seems to me that in their previous albums the guitar and bass was really effective and complimented the rest of the music, but they didn't really get to do anything too extreme. I think a few good guitar solos and some slightly more complex bass lines would be in order.

LP has said in the past that having ripping guitar solo's or basslines wasn't really thier style, and Brad and Pheonix didn't really mind. Besides, I don't really see whats so special about guitar solo's, lol.

I guess theres nothing special about them, but it's just good to see a guitarist really show everyone what he's got. And knowing how talented Brad is I'll bet he can make a killer solo.

Brad's more for arranging the riffs in that way that they resemble piano or strings, in sound, rather than having them complex or fast, as he's said himself.

Friðbjörn said:
Brad's more for arranging the riffs in that way that they resemble piano or strings, in sound, rather than having them complex or fast, as he's said himself.
Yeah, Rob's the one who likes to overcomplicate matters by his own admission when it comes to musical arrangement and stuff XD Doofus.

Yeah they should have more of a hiphopish vibe like in nobodys listening or do something similar to the BSIDE Highvoltage...thoes songs really are crazy good.

Also maybe, like more balladish type stuff like breakin the habit

Back