LPF Award Plans

When we reveal the rest of the nominations.

I was thinking to make it easier, though I am 50-50 about this idea myself, because 1.) it would kinda of restrict the members, but on the other hand, 2.) if we make a list of designers/sig makers ahead of time, that might help to. For example: she, she, she, she, she, he, he, he, he, he, Are all the people who make their own sigs here at LPF. I dunno

Be in mind, I am still open for another catagory for the LPF Member Nomination catagory. That was just an idea, nothing final.

So, I dropped a tiny hint in the 8000 members thread, I dunno if anyone will catch it, because it is nothing huge ( I just said "With a few surprises along the way), and it directs nothing towards the awards, so its not even that much of a hint. But if anyone does interpret it that way I meant it, atleast we will have some people excited.

Well, its a little late for my two cents but after last years fiasco I'm thinking they should just be done anyway with. The community isn't tight-knit enough to hand out awards.
When you don't know who you are voting for, its harder to really care how things turn out.

Well, its a little late for my two cents but after last years fiasco I'm thinking they should just be done anyway with. The community isn't tight-knit enough to hand out awards.
When you don't know who you are voting for, its harder to really care how things turn out.

I disagree with you here Clogz, This community has changed a lot in the past few months.

I disagree with you here Clogz, This community has changed a lot in the past few months.

I totally agree with you disagreeing lol.
Only when I read this did I remember I have been MIA for five months and would do best to shut my trap on this one. :rofl:

One thing I wanted to know..will it be possible to vote for yourself?

I think it would be good if we would have a rule against it.

Ok, so right now I am at the point where I have no free time.. I don't have time to worry about the LPF Awards, with school and work, and I am so stressed out right now.. So, is anyone will to take my job and do what I am doing? Its not much when written out, but it takes time that I just don't have right now. I just need to get the all the final nominees done so we can start the award process. We still have a umber of categories to go, so I need someone to do it, and speed it up, because this is taking wayy to long. Lemme know.

I want someone who has a lot of free time, so they have time to work on as much as they can, because this needs to get done asap. So if you don't have time to do this, don't offer to do it, because I don't wanna add to your work load.

Also this was the two thoughts I had:

1.) We can continue to use the same process we are using, and some takes over what I am doing, and gets is done..
2.) I chose about 15-20 nominees for each category (by myself vs having other help choose them) and get all teh polls up within the next few days

Either will work for me.. The part that makes it hard for me, though I like the idea, is having to contact all the people who are helping me choose the nominees, and then having to send this list and that, blah, blah blah.... It can get rather confusing.. So, choosing 15-20 I could do, but I really don't wanna because that takes away part of the elite participation. But anyways, just lemme know that yall wanna do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Option 2 still sounds like a lotta work for you to do tbh.. If you like I could sorta take over your role, I'm finding myself with more and more free time on my hands what with no college for about 3 weeks, no job, the weather being shite, etc lol. I dunno, it's up to you, but I think if the workload is abit more spread out it'd be better.

weeeeeeel exams start in a week but ill be happy to help ...
we can have a few people do it instead of one.. i mean just tell us what you want and we can do it :)
give us a list of the categories you still need and ill do it

The list of what needs to be done, plus some nominations with it:

Most creative
*azemkamikaze03
* Jeezy
* Stenners
* UnhingedMouse0
Firehawk
Peterdea
MrsBennington-Delson
Friðbjörn

Most Helpful
*Hahninator
*crazy robster
*Jeezy
*alliking
Diana
Victim
shadowfax1007
GraDoN

Best newbie (Joined in 2007)
*Scotty B
*DarknessLover
*littleblackstone
*LÎnkinPärkExtreme
Usiel
Person
Jeo
LinKah

Best Username
*Toxic1
*UnhingedMouse0
*shadowfax1007
*Breakdown Conspiracy
Hahninator
Friðbjörn
KillMeImIrish
crazy robster
MrsBennington-Delson
Person

Best Avatar-Memember Choice award
Best Sig-member choice award
Member of Post Quality
Craziest Member
Nicest Member
Funniest Member
Sexiest Female Member
Sexiest Male Member
Best Member to be a Mod (Winner will be awarded MOD!)
Best Mod
Best Female Member
Best Male Member
Most Missed Member
Best Member to be Elite (Winner will be awarded ELITE!)
Most consistant member
Best behaved member
Most random member
Most Quotable

Back