man, I just don't get it

450felix

I have a exhaust system on craigslist for a 450r and some dude just asked me if I know if it will fit a 400ex ! REALLY ? isn't that basic atv knowledge ? thats the type of question I would expect to see on the org now and thats why I don't like going over there anymore, maybe I should have told him to go there for an answer, ****ing dumb-ass

I can relate. I was trying to sell a stock muffler off of a 2012 Can Am XMR 800. For $100.00 and it retails at $400.00. It was used for a week.

I had a guy show some interest and wanted to know why I was selling the stocker. I told him I got an HMF. Then it seemed like he was confused and thought I was selling him an HMF so I sent a reply to clear things up. Then he asked if the muffler would fit on his 2007 Can Am Outlander 500. I checked the part numbers on Can-Am's site like any one with a brain could do and told him they wouldn't fit. Then he started asking about HMF and what they are for again. So I figured I might as well be honest with the guy and told him they made a little more power and a lot more sound.

After not hearing from him for a while I asked him what he'd like to do and lowered the price to $50.00. He emailed me back and said I helped him with all of the information he needed to order himself a brand new HMF muffler. DICKHEAD! In the end the ad I posted allowed for me to advertise HMF and help them with their sales.

Not going to start an argument... But maybe they are new to the ATV/Bike scene and didnt know if either would fit what they have...Like that hotdog exhaust... I didnt know it wouldnt fit a 06+.. I assumed a 450r was a 450r... But had to ask a dumb ?.... Will it fit a 06+ 450r even though it said 04/05 450r...
If they didnt know, then it wasnt a dumb question for them...

<<<<< woohoo 100th post...

On a forum I agree, not all basic questions should be taken as common knowledge, but in the situation felix brings up as a buyer you need to do your own research. Felix could have been a huge dick and said yes just to make the sale.

Not going to start an argument... But maybe they are new to the ATV/Bike scene and didnt know if either would fit what they have...Like that hotdog exhaust... I didnt know it wouldnt fit a 06+.. I assumed a 450r was a 450r... But had to ask a dumb ?.... Will it fit a 06+ 450r even though it said 04/05 450r...
If they didnt know, then it wasnt a dumb question for them...

<<<<< woohoo 100th post...
Agree, but actually some 04/05 exhaust do fit the 06+ models.

I think most of them do don't they? I know Dasa's do and I guess that's all I need to worry about haha. But yes I also agree, the buyer could have done his own research. You should never trust the seller if you ask me. I've been jerked around a lot lately so I have gotten to the point where I don't ask the seller anything. I do my own research and tell the seller what's what haha.

most 04/05's exhausts will not work on the 06+ 450's. but several of the 06+ exhausts work on the 04/05's

the 04/05 dasa's do not work on the 06 newer, however the opposite is true----> the 06+ dasa will go on the 04/05's

most 04/05's exhausts will not work on the 06+ 450's. but several of the 06+ exhausts work on the 04/05's

the 04/05 dasa's do not work on the 06 newer, however the opposite is true----> the 06+ dasa will go on the 04/05's

Riddle me this: Let's use the Dasa example, Since the 04/05 only worked on those years but when they came out with the 06+ and it was virtually universal for all years then did they stop production of the 04/05 only models?

I think most of them do don't they? I know Dasa's do and I guess that's all I need to worry about haha. But yes I also agree, the buyer could have done his own research. You should never trust the seller if you ask me. I've been jerked around a lot lately so I have gotten to the point where I don't ask the seller anything. I do my own research and tell the seller what's what haha.
That will all depend on the header bend and if it has a place to mount it on a 06+ grab bar mount. I know a few guys that run a 04/05 exhaust with a CRF450 head on a 06+ Honda. But, they are drag racers, so it might have been modded to fit. I never inquired how they had it all mounted up.

Riddle me this: Let's use the Dasa example, Since the 04/05 only worked on those years but when they came out with the 06+ and it was virtually universal for all years then did they stop production of the 04/05 only models?

that would be a question for DASA. They very well may have redesigned the pipe knowing they could allow it to work on the 04/05's as well.

Can I use the Flowmaster off my 79 Chevy truck on my 450r? .Org said as long as it was an 04-05 I should be ok. I just wanted a second opinion.

Thanks, Noob

Can I use the Flowmaster off my 79 Chevy truck on my 450r? .Org said as long as it was an 04-05 I should be ok. I just wanted a second opinion.

Thanks, Noob

Enough duct tape and JB Weld and anything is possible :thumb:

On a forum I agree, not all basic questions should be taken as common knowledge, but in the situation felix brings up as a buyer you need to do your own research. Felix could have been a huge dick and said yes just to make the sale.

your rite, you leave yourself open to getting burned by not doing research, and btw I am a huge dick but thought I would spare this kid from feeling like a tool when he got it home and found out it would not fit his 400ex, I really need to get back in touch with my inner a-hole and stop being so nice !!

I really need to get back in touch with my inner a-hole

:supergay: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

You mean the kind of a-hole that would take someone's words and twist them to make them sound gay? :icon_lol:

I agree with all of ya I think that if I have somthing for sale for a certian quad and it is specified what year and model and you call and ask me what it will fit.....I always say I'm not sure but maybe. I leave them to thier own decisions. Kinda a dick move but if I have to read **** then they have to read ****.

Back