Mike's solo CD (from what I know)

valsihnoda2424 said:
honestly, i think it would really suck. i love mike shinoda but lp needs 2 step away from the rap n hip hip or whatevr n go back to rock... no more hip hop!!!
i pretty much agree..

ok these guys work really hard!.. they came out with 3 CD's this past year.. and some of you are waiting for just a new CD.. that bull.. i mean seriously its hard to write songs and produce them sometimes they have to rewrite the songs... you can't just expect them to write and sell it.. also Hip hop has ALWAYS been in the music.. so sit down and listen to your cd's cuz its there.. all because he is working on a solo album doesn't mean he is leaving LP.. so chill out.. cuz THE GLUE aka MIKE will always be with LP... i support them no matter what they do.. cuz i know its gonna be good.. no it'll be great... plus with Mike making a solo album would attract more people to LP.. cuz then they would see that its not just metal its rap and metal.. so what ever they do wether its just a solo album, LP album, or both.. im gonna support it and buy cuz no matter what.. they really f*ckin ROCK...

LPpinkfreak821 said:
ok these guys work really hard!.. they came out with 3 CD's this past year.. and some of you are waiting for just a new CD.. that bull.. i mean seriously its hard to write songs and produce them sometimes they have to rewrite the songs... you can't just expect them to write and sell it.. also Hip hop has ALWAYS been in the music.. so sit down and listen to your cd's cuz its there.. all because he is working on a solo album doesn't mean he is leaving LP.. so chill out.. cuz THE GLUE aka MIKE will always be with LP... i support them no matter what they do.. cuz i know its gonna be good.. no it'll be great... plus with Mike making a solo album would attract more people to LP.. cuz then they would see that its not just metal its rap and metal.. so what ever they do wether its just a solo album, LP album, or both.. im gonna support it and buy cuz no matter what.. they really f*ckin ROCK...

And everybody says.. AMEN!
That is so right.
ROCK ON!

cmlp said:
Yes, my sis just told me that on MTV2, they said Mike would be coming out with a hip-hop CD. When, I don't know. But if ya all have info post it here. :D
I was going to make a thread about this but beat me lol.So here´s the vid where Mike talks about working on his project with another MCs,so enjoy it:
Here´s the link for all of u to download:

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1021HLXE4TVAP3OZAYIND6ODA6

P.S.:probably watching Mike working on his solo CD sounds good tho although these doesn´t mean LP splitting up cuz I know there were a lot of rumors about it.LP is taking a break for a while cuz they have been touring a lot plus while they are on their break,they are going to work on their new cd(I hope so)also they have been helping a lot with the Music for Relief Project which is great and sweet from the guys.
Ok I´m gonna shut up now so,watch the vid and enjoy it^^.

4everLP_Shinoda said:
I was going to make a thread about this but beat me lol.So here´s the vid where Mike talks about working on his project with another MCs,so enjoy it:
Here´s the link for all of u to download:

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1021HLXE4TVAP3OZAYIND6ODA6

P.S.:probably watching Mike working on his solo CD sounds good tho although these doesn´t mean LP splitting up cuz I know there were a lot of rumors about it.LP is taking a break for a while cuz they have been touring a lot plus while they are on their break,they are going to work on their new cd(I hope so)also they have been helping a lot with the Music for Relief Project which is great and sweet from the guys.
Ok I´m gonna shut up now so,watch the vid and enjoy it^^.

Nice..Thankyou!

From MTV:
WEST HOLLYWOOD, California — On Saturday night at the Key Club, the Roots held their annual Grammy all-star jam session. And while in previous years a plethora of well-known performers like Common and Erykah Badu got down with the group,

"I do not envy Kanye West. You know how vocal he is about his work — if he loses, that's all we gonna hear for the next year." — The Roots' ?uestlove this time around the Illy Philly funksters had the star in attendance — Tom Cruise.
Hollywood's Top Gun didn't get onstage, but he did take in the sounds of hip-hop's top band and of his friend Jada Pinkett-Smith.
Smith, dressed in a Baltimore thug-style black hoodie and jeans that surely made Tupac look down from heaven and crack a smile, started the night off early by leading her band, Wicked Wisdom, in a rowdy punk-rock-flavored set.
Either Jada really loves rocking the mic, or she had her acting skills working for her, because she bobbed her head and flailed her arms like a seasoned rock star. After her show, the petite performer chilled with Tommy C.
When the Roots took the stage, they kept the night moving with a medley of covers of old-school jams and their own ditties, like "Star."
"Introducin' the band you gotta see to believe," rapped Black Thought. "He got the mic in his hand, so keep the heat up your sleeve/ It's Black Thought, he rockin' sharp so the speakers'll bleed/ I run a triathlon, you wouldn't see me * Check out everything we've got on the Grammys. me fatigued."
But the Roots' all-star jam isn't about them hogging the spotlight; they love to hand the reigns over. While they brought up a slew of local Los Angeles artists, they ended the night with the pro-fess-sho-nals. Mos Def came out to drop a few lyrical gems with the backing of R&B soul children Anthony Hamilton and Musiq. Not to be outdone, Canibus was out to prove he can never be lyrically busted on the mic. The rapper, who's returning to the music scene, came out by himself for a freestyle. As the jamming neared its end, Fiona Apple even popped up for some time under the spotlight (see "Whatever Happened To Fiona Apple? Online Campaign Tries To Find Out").
For the Roots' drummer/spokesperson, ?uestlove, rubbing shoulders isn't happening only on the stage this week. A bevy of artists out here for the ceremony have been hollering at him to produce their albums.
"Hey man," ?uest said on Friday, "that's my bread and butter. I network, I shake hands, I kiss babies. I'm a musical politician."
So far, he says, his dance card is filled with Common, Musiq and Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park, who's working on a solo album. With all his hobnobbing, the Grammys are the last thing on his mind.
"We got two nominations, that's cool," ?uestlove said on Friday, "but I'm more concerned with what I'm gonna wear to the Jill Scott concert on Valentine's Day. Nominations are the best things about the Grammys. Losing ain't fun. I do not envy Kanye West. You know how vocal he is about his work — if he loses, that's all we gonna hear for the next year. I don't even wanna go through that. If we win or lose on Sunday, it's cool."
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1496907/20050213/roots.jhtml?headlines=true

Hey guys, I'm new here. Howdy. Anyways...

I just thought of something. What if, instead of Mike's album being released separately from the next album, what if they did a double album sort of thing? Basically have a mainly rap-oriented album on the Shinoda side of the album, and then a more rock sound on the LP disc.

For an example of recent double albums, look at Outkast's Speakerboxx/The Love Below or Nelly's double release of Sweat and Suit. This way you have both types of fans satisfied, and we end up with more music :) Just a thought.

-Enilk

here. this is an artical i just found for you guys.. for those of you who still are worried about this whole thing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linkin Park rapper Mike Shinoda has spent the last six months raising funds for tsunami victims, designing a line of DC shoes, co-authoring a book and establishing a scholarship at his alma mater, the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. And what did he do in his off time? Not much. He only recorded a solo album.

While backstage at last month's Music for Relief: Rebuilding South Asia concert (see "Linkin Park, Jay-Z, No Doubt Rock The House To Rebuild South Asia"), the workhorse MC/producer told MTV News that he's been keeping busy with a hip-hop-tinged side project that he hopes won't offend Linkin Park's guitar-lovin' fanbase.

"It's not straight hip-hop, but it's not rock at all. For our fans who only like the rock side of Linkin Park, I hope you enjoy it, but you never know," he said. "I am playing every instrument on there, but it's not really about me. I'm featuring a lot of great MCs that are friends of mine. I want to work with people that I'm friends with, that I get along with. I'm not just going to go out there and grab whoever's hot at the moment."

Shinoda said that Common and the Roots' Black Thought are just two of the MCs on the album, which at the moment has no release date or working title. But he did explain that he is producing every track on the disc, and to complement the A-list talent he's lined up, he's been burning the midnight oil to make sure the beats are up to snuff.

"I'm trying to get the music up to what we want it to be. It's pressure, because I'm producing it," he laughed. "I want to connect with people I see eye-to-eye with, and make great music. Like I said, it's not really about me."

LPpinkfreak821 said:
here. this is an artical i just found for you guys.. for those of you who still are worried about this whole thing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linkin Park rapper Mike Shinoda has spent the last six months raising funds for tsunami victims, designing a line of DC shoes, co-authoring a book and establishing a scholarship at his alma mater, the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. And what did he do in his off time? Not much. He only recorded a solo album.

While backstage at last month's Music for Relief: Rebuilding South Asia concert (see "Linkin Park, Jay-Z, No Doubt Rock The House To Rebuild South Asia"), the workhorse MC/producer told MTV News that he's been keeping busy with a hip-hop-tinged side project that he hopes won't offend Linkin Park's guitar-lovin' fanbase.

"It's not straight hip-hop, but it's not rock at all. For our fans who only like the rock side of Linkin Park, I hope you enjoy it, but you never know," he said. "I am playing every instrument on there, but it's not really about me. I'm featuring a lot of great MCs that are friends of mine. I want to work with people that I'm friends with, that I get along with. I'm not just going to go out there and grab whoever's hot at the moment."

Shinoda said that Common and the Roots' Black Thought are just two of the MCs on the album, which at the moment has no release date or working title. But he did explain that he is producing every track on the disc, and to complement the A-list talent he's lined up, he's been burning the midnight oil to make sure the beats are up to snuff.

"I'm trying to get the music up to what we want it to be. It's pressure, because I'm producing it," he laughed. "I want to connect with people I see eye-to-eye with, and make great music. Like I said, it's not really about me."

alright lucky

*give around of cheering to lucky*

EnilkLibb said:

I just thought of something. What if, instead of Mike's album being released separately from the next album, what if they did a double album sort of thing? Basically have a mainly rap-oriented album on the Shinoda side of the album, and then a more rock sound on the LP disc.

For an example of recent double albums, look at Outkast's Speakerboxx/The Love Below or Nelly's double release of Sweat and Suit. This way you have both types of fans satisfied, and we end up with more music :) Just a thought.

-Enilk
wow i like that idea.. ur pretty smart.. that would be cool if they did that.. that way everyone is happy.. but what ever they do i'll support it.. im sure it will be good

EnilkLibb said:

-Enilk
The rest of the band would never agree to that, they are six, not only one or two. You can release a double album if you go solo, and release a double separated album if you're in a duet but not if you'll have the whole band do one half and then just one of the six guys do his own music on the other.
LPpinkfreak821, I don't think everyone would be happy. Plus, WB would never let them have the next album that way, so that's not even an option.

i think mike will stay with LP and i think if chester and mike did go solo (hope that dosen't happen) i personally think mike would be more succeful i just think he has what it takes but i think they are both great

Back