My car.

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
Ouch! Hurtfull....

Just because they "design" (if you dare call it that) and "build" (if you dare call it that) ugly (that's stating it mildly) cars that nobody wants to buy,

GM is now FOLLOWING Ford and making a reproduction of the 69 Camaro.

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
have lost market share from over 25% to less than 17%, are going to close a majority of their plants and lay off 30,000+ workers...doesn't mean they are a shitty company does it? :rolleyes:

They've lost the share not to GM but to the shitty import cars that people think they have to buy. And GM also is working on a plan and will be cutting 25,000 plus jobs and closing some plants.

tiredofwhiners said:
GM is now FOLLOWING Ford and making a reproduction of the 69 Camaro.

Yes...GM is headed for oblivion as well at full throttle. Incredible loss of market share, huge losses, and ugly ass cars, useless trucks, and gas guzzling SUV's nobody wants to buy. To add insult to injury, they try to pass the blame onto their workers health benefits. What crap.

tiredofwhiners said:
They've lost the share not to GM but to the shitty import cars that people think they have to buy. And GM also is working on a plan and will be cutting 25,000 plus jobs and closing some plants.

Shitty import cars? Really. Ever read a non-biased report from Consumer reports in your life?

You see they have these funny little icons. Like this.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/resources/Categories/CarsTrucks/Models/Images/ratings_key.gif

Unfortunately, American cars have more of the little black icons that anything else on virtually all of the major issues while the Asian imports have almost exclusively the bright Red ones!

You have a very funny idea of what "shitty" means! :eek:

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
Yes...GM is headed for oblivion as well at full throttle. Incredible loss of market share, huge losses, and ugly ass cars, useless trucks, and gas guzzling SUV's nobody wants to buy. To add insult to injury, they try to pass the blame onto their workers health benefits. What crap.

Gas guzzling SUV,s yep my wife's. Useless trucks Yep mine if you say so. But i could'nt find a import that i felt comfortable pulling a 25,000 loaded goose-neck all over the U.S.

Shitty import cars? Really. Ever read a non-biased report from Consumer reports in your life?
You see they have these funny little icons. Like this.
Yes i have but i don't have to like it. I personally don't care how great they think they are. I still won't have one and will stick to my Ford/Lincoln. Maybe at some point would lower myself to a GM if i found one i really liked.

Unfortunately, American cars have more of the little black icons that anything else on virtually all of the major issues while the Asian imports have almost exclusively the bright Red ones!
I completely agree!

You have a very funny idea of what "shitty" means! :eek:
Nope just trying to look through my rose colored glasses.

I have a 2002 Mercury Villager Estate. I love it. I don't know why they discontinued it. It handles great and is really fun to drive. It is built on a car chasse, so it doesn

I have a 2002 Mercury Villager Estate. I love it. I don't know why they discontinued it.

Because its a Mercury. They should have made the sudden ignition fires optional.

Jhony5 said:
Because its a Mercury. They should have made the sudden ignition fires optional.

I LOVE my Expedition, would hate to live without it. I used it too pull a 6x12 uhaul trailor home from Texas at Christmas. I have pulled a 20 foot trailor with it. I love to go to Costco and buy stuff in bulk and fill the back. I love the garden center because I can go away with 20-30 bags of mulch or whatever else I need to bring home.

HOWEVER, oh my god with them suddently bursting into flame. That gave me pause one day when I turned on the news and saw one that looked just like mine half burnt out, the fire had jumped from the truck to the garage and then to the house.

Not a good moment for Ford.

My sister is thinking of letting me have a family heirloom, my grandmothers last car, a 70s model VW bug that my Sister had repainted, and a new motor put in. That will give me the best of both worlds, a smaller car that gets good gas mileage and a larger one that I can take along when I need to bring alot of **** home.

I just sold my Miata. It was a sad day. I still have my Cadilac Escalade. For some reason a baby won't fit in a Miata:confused: . But I so miss taking it on the interstate and flying down.

I've always wanted a vintage VW bug or bus. Now I want a bus. I think that would be too cool.

Lethalfind said:
I LOVE my Expedition, would hate to live without it. I used it too pull a 6x12 uhaul trailor home from Texas at Christmas. I have pulled a 20 foot trailor with it. I love to go to Costco and buy stuff in bulk and fill the back. I love the garden center because I can go away with 20-30 bags of mulch or whatever else I need to bring home.

HOWEVER, oh my god with them suddently bursting into flame. That gave me pause one day when I turned on the news and saw one that looked just like mine half burnt out, the fire had jumped from the truck to the garage and then to the house.

Not a good moment for Ford.

My sister is thinking of letting me have a family heirloom, my grandmothers last car, a 70s model VW bug that my Sister had repainted, and a new motor put in. That will give me the best of both worlds, a smaller car that gets good gas mileage and a larger one that I can take along when I need to bring alot of **** home.

Yep, until somebody in another Expedition, hits you in your 70's bug, then you'll be squashed! :eek:

Life is full of shitty compromises isn't it?

Should get an International Scout ll like mine. Then you could have the best of all the US makers. Have had it for 24 years, driving it everyday. The dependability is great, the gas mileage not so great.

scout said:
Should get an International Scout ll like mine. Then you could have the best of all the US makers. Have had it for 24 years, driving it everyday. The dependability is great, the gas mileage not so great.

Hey, I like Internationals. Drove an all wheel ten-tonner on the beach for a while.

On the Fords, (fix or repair daily), our Fords have this annoying little problem with the automatic gearboxes kicking from park to reverse without warning.

The catchcry here is, "Has your Ford driven itself lately?" :D

scout said:
Scout has the original Chrysler transmission.

The Chrysler Hemi auto gearboxes here are praised by the racing fraternity for their reliability.

Holden (GM Australia) actually came up with an indestructible box called the PowerGlide. With only two cogs, it's a fuel guzzler, but on the quarter mile, it has no equals, and is a small percentage of the weight of the Hemi box.

I actually managed to shift my powerglide box into reverse from seventy miles an hour. It just locked up, like yanking on the hand-brake. :cool:

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
Yep, until somebody in another Expedition, hits you in your 70's bug, then you'll be squashed! :eek:

Life is full of shitty compromises isn't it?

No kidding, I have been rear-ended three times in my Expedition, and boy did it suck for them...

builder said:
Actually, not even in the same class of motor sports.

;)

Yes, but that's because the American car manufactures don't know how to built something as sophisticated as a World Class Formula Racing Car...And the European's aren't stupid enough to build a NASCAR jalopy. :eek:

Back