My Version of our LPF family!

~~Two Hours Later~~

Mel was now doing sit-ups from a pole from the ceiling, her head hanging down and she pulled herself up with her mad abs. She growled as she pulled herself up for the hundred and something time. I, however, was doing push-ups with my feet on the wall and my hands on the floor. My father came down to check on us about a half hour ago, making sure we weren’t boxing again or passed out from over-exercising. When he was satisfied that we weren’t dead and we could take what we were doing, he turned on the built-in stereo system to give us some music to work to. We were pushing ourselves to our limit and further than ever before. I no longer had my signature trench coat on because if I did, it would be over my head as I did my wall-push-ups. I was now in ‘wife-beater’ that I stole from my fathers’ new clothes.

I pushed my self up from the floor, the muscles in my arm gleaming with sweat, straining to lift myself. My arms flexed as I reached the top of the push-up and slowly let myself back down to the ground. Instead of doing yet another round of push-ups, I flipped over and landed on my feet. I looked at my sister, she was still doing her own workout, making her abs rock-solid. She growled at one last rep, and let herself down, landing on her feet. We made a silent agreement that we were hungry and wanted food before we continued working out. We made our way upstairs, past the gym above mine, where Andy, Vi, Mark, and Rob were working out. Their gym wasn’t near as good as mine, but they were forbidden to go into mine. We walked past them, giving them only a sideways glance, and continued to the living room and kitchen.

In the kitchen, Chester was making a drink for me and my sister, and a box of new pizza was sitting on the counter. Somehow he knew that we would be coming up to eat now and I guess he ordered it after he checked up on us. When we walked up to my dad, he grinned and handed us some cold drinks. The liquid felt good going down my throat, its coldness refreshing my dehydrated esophagus. Mel lapped her drink up as if she was a mere dog, but I didn’t mind. She worked herself hard and deserved a good drink, no matter how she had it. I closed my eyes to savor the cold water, it was a very pleasant drink.

“So Foxx, I guess you’re really tired then huh?” came my dads’ voice from beyond my eyelids. I fluttered my eyes open to see my dad starring at me in a sorta grim way.

“Nooo, I mean, yeah I’m tired, but only cause I’ve stopped working out for the time being. If I was back in the ring I’d be perfectly fine. I’d be ready to take anyone on.” He grinned as I said my last words.

“Don’t be too sure of yourself foxx. Saying stuff like that around a guy like me could end up with you getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter.” He gave a wicked laugh and threw a glass of water on me. “Come On foxx. Get your fighting head on. We have a match in ten minutes.”

He went down to the guys’ gym to tell them the news, and Mel handed me a towel. “Ya know they are gonna be betting against you right..?” she said blankly.

I gave my signature smile that I had inherited from my father and Mel winced. She knew the meaning of that smile. “Good, let them think that I can’t take on my father, but when I beat him, you and me are going to spend all the money!” I laughed my cynical laugh and went to my room to prepare.

Hey Fox, noice update. I liked the use of description, its highly visual, most pogniantly the first few sentences of the second paragraph where the girls are working out. Chester's paternal instincts with Fox makes me smile, the way he can be almost devious and playful and very protective at the same time, you can tell he cares. Its sweet. Well, not exactly sweet, given what they are all about to face in one way or another sweet is the last word that comes to mind. But they are focussed and it shows. The fact they seem to eat pizza a lot for the mixed species that they all represent is amusing, but still, if it works who are we to judge? haha
Anyway, for all the training they are putting in I hope they kick serious ass, both Chester's in training and then over the rivals. Hmm. Can't wait for that. Its gonna be bloodthirsty, I can feel it! *muahahaha*
Anyhoos, very descriptive and you know I love that.
Looking forward to more. :D

~~Ten Minutes later…My gym~~

Chester was sitting on a chair in a dark corner of the room, the corner that was normally mine, but hell, since he asked to get his ass kicked, I thought I’d be nice and let him use it. Mel and I were in the opposing corner, her throwing water on me so I wouldn’t get too hot in the ring. All the boys, including my boyfriend, were on the stairs waiting for the fight to start. Rob and Mark were shouting bets like normal, mostly saying that I would fail and lose the fight. They just made me all the more determined to win my fight with my dad, and it promised to be a longer fight than any other I’ve ever had.

My father stood up, facing me with a wicked grin upon his face. This grin is the same one I had on, the same mood, the same everything. It was as if I was looking into a mirror that showed the male version of myself. Great. Mel turned on my music to benefit myself, but unfortunately my dad liked the music too, it was the soundtrack to Queen Of The Damned. The music made both me and my father either pissed off at the world, or whomever is in our way, or moody. We stepped into the ring with the same passion in our step, the same determination to prove what we can do. We eyed each other as if we were lethal enemies. Rob and Mark continued shouting as we came into the ring, hooting and howling like mad dogs. I grinned to myself. My my my, this is gonna be a blast. Most likely will take a long time though. But I am younger than my father, so I should be able to last longer than he, but on the other hand, vampires are stronger when they are older. It seems to me that I am going to walk away from this in just a little pain. But I will walk away, with no help from anybody.

We shook hands with respect for the other fighter, but we had to do this. I went to my corner and put on another black ‘wife-beater’…or should I say ‘father-beater’? I turned back around and saw my father standing in a relaxed manner; it seemed as if he was laughing! Did he take this as a joke? This simple act infuriated me. I curled my fists and took two steps towards my dad to have him disappear. I looked around and saw that he appeared behind me; suddenly he had me in a choke hold, laughing along with the guys on the stairs.

He pulled my head up to his and whispered in my ear, “You have to learn to move without people seeing you.”

He squeezed my neck harder, bruising it, but not so bad that I couldn’t do anything else. At last, he let me go with a big wave of his arm, making the motion more elaborate than it needed to be. I looked at him with anger in my eyes. He was making a joke out of me, showing the guys that he can make me look like a fool. I wouldn’t take this ****. Not from anyone. I concentrated on moving behind my father, to get some sort of an advantage over him. I swiftly moved, and was behind him in less than a second. The sensation of moving so quickly made me woozy for a moment, but I soon regained what I was doing. I grabbed my dads’ arm and twisted it, contorting it to my will. He gave a sound that was the combined sounds of a laugh and a scream. I grinned and threw him at his buddies on the stairs. They hooted as he landed on Mark with a loud thud and “oh ****!” from mark.

Chester got up and came at me full force, stopping only when he caught me up by my shoulders. He tried to throw me but I was thrashing around in his grip too much for him to hold on to for long, so he tossed me at the remaining ropes of my ring. Now came the boxing. He punch and I would duck and counter-attack him only to find that I hit his blocking arm. He then faked a punch and my face caught his left hook. This went on for hours.

I stood panting in a pool of my own sweat and blood. My father did the same in his own fluids, mostly the same types. Hours have passed since we began. The boys were now sitting lazily on the stairs, some spilling out onto the floor. Mel was sitting in a chair, flipping through cds, trying to figure out the next ‘soundtrack’ to our brawl. Chester raised his hand as a sign of a truce. Thank god, I was about to have to resort to some sort of trickery if we kept this up any longer. I nodded and sat down with a loud thump and a long groan. Chester slid down one of the corner posts and put his hand up to nurse his neck. After four hours of non-stop fighting, all out brawl, we both were worn out. I bet if Marcus came into my house right now, he could easily slaughter us all, but I knew that he wouldn’t do that, he’d want us to know that even at our very best, he’d win. Egotistical *******. I let out a sigh as I watched some beads of sweat roll down my arms and drop to the semi-padded base of the boxing ring. I laughed, for some reason, the fact that me and my dad both tired at the same rate, and we never gained any ground over the other, that fact amused me greatly.

Chester looked around. “Mel, how long exactly was that fight?”

My sister took out a stopwatch and said in a tired voice, “Well Chester, four hours, twenty eight minutes, and fifty one seconds. That exact enough for you?”

Chester laughed and said, “yeah smartass, thanks.” He strained to lift himself up from the floor. His bruised muscles still gave him some strength but not a lot. I heard the tendons in his arms stretch to their swollen limits as he got himself up. He rubbed his sore arms and neck as he walked over towards me and held out a hand to help me up. I took it, thankfully. We got out of the ring and started to try to make our way up the flights of stairs, we kicked the lazy people in our way, provoking them to wake fully.

Rob looked around with a huge red mark on his face from where his hand was when he slept. “Who won? Who gets the money?”

Chester looked at him with a not-so-arrogant look and said, “We split it, we both gave up at the same time. Deal with it.”

We proceeded up the stairs where I rushed over to the sink and got about a gallon of water and drank it, my throat parched and raw. After I was done with my water, I went to the couch and passed out. I was too tired to stay up any longer. Besides, the more I sleep, the faster I heal…I hope.

~~Two Hours Later~~

I felt a sharp prod in my side, provoking me to hit whomever it was poking me. Groggily, I forced one of my eyes open to see who the hell was trying to wake me up. I saw my sister beside me with a wicked smile and teeth grinning. I didn’t know what she was planning, and honestly, I did want to know since she is almost as evil and cunning as I am, so I strained myself to an upright position.

“Foxx! Guess what!” she said loudly. The noise echoed in my skull, causing me to wince for a moment.

“What is it Mel? You do realize you woke me up from a good sleep?!” I said through my gritted teeth.

Mel helped me up from the couch and said, “Well, I was watching you and Chester intently when you were fighting each other and I started wondering if I could take on Rob. So! You know how stupid I am, I made a bet with him that I’d win. Chester set up a boxing ring outside, he somehow got it over the pool. I want you to be the announcer for the match! Ya know, like call the moves over the loud speaker. I’ll even let you pick out the music. Please Fox. Come on, it’ll make you feel better.” She was jumping up and down, waiting for my answer.

I sighed and said, “Yeah, sure, as long as I get a cut from the profits.” I laughed a cynical laugh and started walking outside.

I was greeted by my father, my brother, mark, and even my mum. They all had stools set up around the ring, waiting for the match to commence. Rob was laying down in the grass next to the stools, for a moment I even thought he was sleeping.

Andy guided me to my area for the fight, where the controls of the stereo system was, a microphone, and a well supplied liquor selection. When I sat down, I looked by the garage to find a pink elephant standing in the driveway. “Okay, am I on drugs or something cause I see a freaking pink elephant in the driveway. Somebody please say I’m high or something.”

Chester started laughing and said, “No fox, you’re not high…that I know of. That elephant is there because I had the brilliant idea of adding that to the bet. Whomever is the loser of the fight must have some pictures taken with this pink elephant and have the said pictures spammed on forums and everything. Ain’t that the ****?” he grinned and continued to check on the boxing ring.

I eyed the elephant hesitantly, wondering what one would get their ‘rep’ smashed because of this stupid pink elephant. Oh well, I don’t care, not my problem. I grabbed my water bottle and took a swig of it, I didn’t really feel like drinking vodka this early.

I was flipping through many cds, trying to figure out what to listen to when I heard a voice from behind me say, “Why don’t you listen to that awesome band called Godsmack? I hear they’re awesome. That lead singer is a real badass too.” I knew the voice of the man behind me. Sully Erna. Man, did he come at a good time. Honestly I was surprised that he was here, I haven’t seen him since he started recording Godsmack IV. I turned to see him sporting a black tee and baggy, ripped up jeans, and a wicked smile that resembled my fathers’.

“What?! Aren’t you gonna give your old pal a hug or just sit there like the hung-over, tired out Foxx you are!” he tipped my chair and forced me out of it. I stood up, brushed off my pants and shirt, then gave him a hug.

He looked at the pink elephant and said, “Do I even want to know?” I shook my head no. “Let me guess, your dads’ idea right?” I nodded my head. You really don’t want to know…I turned my head and called out to my dad. He stood up and looked at who was here, and a huge grin, equal to that of Sullys’. He walked over here, along with Mel, and just gave sully a hug. I wasn’t surprised by this act, but I did laugh. It was weird to see guys hug like that…just weird.

About ten minutes of my father and sully going on and on about the good old days when rock was rock and nothing else. They were complaining about the genres of music such as ‘post-grunge’ and stuff like that. I sighed heavily and they both glared at me.

“Are we gonna start the fight sometime TODAY?!!?” I asked angrily. “I was waked up from a very good sleep for this and I don’t wanna just sit here listening to two rock stars go at it about the old days. Now are we gonna do this thing or not? Cause I really wanna see who’s gonna be the one who has their picture taken with that pink elephant.” Chester laughed at my short rant, but agreed to start the match. He whistled and Mel and rob both showed up in an instant.

Mel’s face was shinning with excitement. “Are we starting now?” When she saw Chester nod his head to signify a ‘yes’ answer, she jumped up and down with excitement. She ran into the house to get herself ready, for the fifth time.

Worry quickly shown on my face, and my dad saw it. It had just occurred to me that Sully, to my knowledge, didn’t know what Rob and Mel were. I contacted my dad telepathically, Dad! Sully doesn’t know what they are does he? What we are!? I started to breathe heavily, for fear of rejection by one of my best friends. Chester laughed childishly and said, Don’t worry Foxxy Lady. He knows what we are. He helped me at times even. He patted Sullys’ shoulder and grinned.

“You two better not be talking about me telepathically! If you are I’ll kick your ass!” Sully laughed and walked to where the seats were placed for the match. As he sat down he said, “I got 200 bucks on the girl!” Chester and Mark ran towards him shouting their own bets, laughing between shouts.

This thing has like 20 pages...that's a lot to read...

but I think I'll take some time to check it out...

Been a while huh? Well I promised you a rant but really Foxxy I think the power of the rant is leaving me. As you so put in the story (nice addition by the way) Foxx's short rant XD So forgive me if it doesnt meet your expectations. I have read and am reviewing, if that dont cut it for ya, TS baby ;)
The pink elephant bit got me, its in a word bizarre, but I guess given the supernatural elements to this tale its not that bizarre is it? What surpises me more is that aside from Sully and Mark (I think) everyone else around that poor beast is something of a predatorial beast him/her self, so I'd think that would be enough to make any animal be enough to pack it in and run for the hills faster than you can say 'Fast food!' Haha
As for Rob asleep in the grass? To that I say 'Look out elephant!' Invokes a sudden mental picture of a wolf stalking its prey camoflagued by the elements, which in this case, is Chester's yard. Meh, even rock stars/vampires need something to keep themselves occupied between dealing with their everyday and otherworldly endeavors.
*shrugs*
The comradarie (sp?) between Chester and Sully was palpable however. That was great to see. Men hugging with feeling, that's a nice change as opposed to the I am too macho to do so thing. Hate that. But their little exchange about the state of music and its associated contemporary genres was a good, believable mental image. Can so see that. It will be interesting to see who wins the battle mind you its probably a precursor to the real one coming up and even the outcome of that is really open slather to interpretation. Lord. The elephant thing still gets me. Cant help but wonder if that isnt drawing undue attention to the little group from the other side who want to do them harm territorially. Hmm. But anyway, whatever works for them I guess.
I still love the way you weave sarcastic humour in with the serious pretext. Sully's inclusion, especially the last paragraph cracked me up. See, you cant bullshit a bullshitter, obviously. And the fact he bet on 'the girl' (ie you/Mel) was just classic. Who needs enemies with friends like that? *lmao*
Oh and I that little part where Mel and Rob just appear after being summoned by a whistle. I wonder did anyone have the urge in the Bennington camp to pet their heads and give them both treats for being so... loyal ;) hahahaha :X
And anyway now... on to the main event!

Did that pass as a rant?
:D

lmfao. Yes mum, that passed as a rant. Very nicely done. I'll get more up asap, but i'm not promising anything since i got Finals coming up soon. then agian, maybe i'll get some done. *shrug* who knows!

I'm a tad bit late but excuse my absence, nice updates, hope you deliver more soon, that is to say if I'll be around.

but anyway, funny as always, that fight scene was really good

Back