Neck braces... should you wear one?

I wish they weren't so expensive or I wish that my insurance would pick up the cost... I've heard of people getting neck and knee braces prescribed by a doctor that the insurance paid for.

Should you wear one? I think so. Do I wear one? No. I would like to wear one for riding, but don't have one for the same reason Bailey mentioned, they are just so expensive for a good one. I think it's one of those things that the first time you crash while wearing it you are glad you paid every dollar for it, but until that happens all you can think of is how much it cost lol.

I just remembered i had a few options listed in a few of my wishlists. One was alpinestars bionic , leatt and a few other brands. I'm definitely checking out EVS. Seems to be a cheaper option. But how does EVS compare to other brands/designs other than the huge price difference? I'd love to try out them all before forking over $$, sadly that wont happen. Really wished there is a store in maine that is somewhat large who sells gears and extras.

But how does EVS compare to other brands/designs other than the huge price difference? I'd love to try out them all before forking over $$, sadly that wont happen. Really wished there is a store in maine that is somewhat large who sells gears and extras.
i love mine. i have a lot of head movements to the side but not to the angles that would injure my neck. i seen other leatts and i dont like the lack of head movement to look on the sides or over my shoulder.. thats why i chose EVS

I am pretty sure mine just saved me because my collar bone is bruised like a mutha, and my neck has no pain at all, no back pain and no damage to any vertebra, the doctors were amazed I was walking around. At first the only thing other than having a hard time breathing that hurt was my collar bone, I thought I broke it for sure. they say the neck brace will save your neck and break your collar bone. I will keep wearing mine. Do not even notice it anymore

her I am about 2-3 hours before I wrecked
a922a9226334d105c5a3a0dee9a9cc03.jpg

Back