Overall Opinions - Minutes to Midnight? and New Linkin Park Overall?

What is your overall opinion of Minutes to Midnight? and New Linkin Park Overall?

• Kickass!

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Not Bad

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Not Sure if I Like it or Not

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • OK, But Old LP is Better

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Not Really A Fan of Minutes to Midnight

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
LP needs to change more the lyrics are still kinda similar and it still has that you can't listen to it two time in a row because it get to repetitive....LP still needs to evolve their writing skills

LP needs to change more the lyrics are still kinda similar and it still has that you can't listen to it two time in a row because it get to repetitive....LP still needs to evolve their writing skills
I definitely agree here. However I do believe they made a huge step forward with this album.

yes they did make a huge step but its not as different from Meteora as some people think its just getting more mellow, either way I still like M2M

yes they did make a huge step but its not as different from Meteora as some people think its just getting more mellow, either way I still like M2M
Speaking of it not sounding that different from Meteora why do so many people dislike What I've Done? I mean it's probably one of the few songs on the new album that sounds like it really could have been on Meteora. I always just viewed it as a bridge song that took elements from their old material and mixed it with some newer more experimental vibes. I never got why so many disliked. I don't know. I happen to like it a lot.

Would hate to come back to this forum with sour grapes but... Linkin Park's new album was a big disappointment for me. Every album they released had a slight change in style but kept that overall LP feel, which I didn't mind much at all.

Hybrid Theory, the original album that was probably played on loop for a good week. Reanimation might be my favorite just because it was LP (namely, Shinoda and Hahn) branching out to other brilliant artists to remix the original dopeness. Meteora was great also, alternative doesn't get much better than that one.

But this album sounds a hell of a lot closer to ****in Green Day than the Linkin Park I listened to years ago. Add some politics and you have Minutes to Midnight. Am I losing my mind or are some people just as disappointed as I am?

i hafta agree with wakka, although yes, a change was required, i think it was hellishly too drastic and theyve moved away from linkin park and to someone like greenday...ALOT of reviews are saying LP sound like a bad rip off of U2....=/

if mike had been MORE on some of those tracks, with his rapping and some joe scratching, i think the album could have really found that balance, cause to me...its WAY too poppy-nice and yer it disappointed the hell outta me too. and even when mike rapped...it wasnt really mike...it felt off for me, his onyl 2 rap tracks were fort minor-ish and pop-rap(if that makes sense....)

but in saying that there are some good aspects, valentines day for me was a nice track and intro to no more sorrow was awesome...although the lyrics werent...special by any means.

this album isnt one ur going to listen to over...and over...and over again like with HT/meteora, uits one of those where you onyl listen to certain tracks rather than the whole thing

Hazi[LP]Tonz;490685 said:
this album isnt one ur going to listen to over...and over...and over again like with HT/meteora, uits one of those where you onyl listen to certain tracks rather than the whole thing

Exactly.

I loved every single song on HT and Meteora, but on MTM there are a few that I just don't get.

Hazi[LP]Tonz;490685 said:

Exactly. I totally agree.

Dude no matter how much you diss on Don Gilmore, his objective with Meteora sure was accomplished. "We want to make this song likeable the first time you hear it....and the 100th time you hear it." And jesus, I NEVER get tired of ANY song on Meteora. I'll listen to that CD any day. I'd rather have Don back for the next CD than Rick. This CD is great, yeah, but it's not the classic LP, and many non-fans are dissing the crap out of the band for switching like this. Everyone that bought the CD yesterday talked to me at school and said they only liked Given Up and What I've Done. Meeehhhh, I think now I'd rather have another CD of straight-ass nu-metal than MTM.

It's an amazing CD, yeah, but I'd like them to go back to the old style. It's unbeatable. EVERYONE loves it. With this new style, it's like 20% of everyone (fanbase+nonfans) likes it. :no:

Exactly. I totally agree.

Dude no matter how much you diss on Don Gilmore, his objective with Meteora sure was accomplished. "We want to make this song likeable the first time you hear it....and the 100th time you hear it." And jesus, I NEVER get tired of ANY song on Meteora. I'll listen to that CD any day. I'd rather have Don back for the next CD than Rick. This CD is great, yeah, but it's not the classic LP, and many non-fans are dissing the crap out of the band for switching like this. Everyone that bought the CD yesterday talked to me at school and said they only liked Given Up and What I've Done. Meeehhhh, I think now I'd rather have another CD of straight-ass nu-metal than MTM.

It's an amazing CD, yeah, but I'd like them to go back to the old style. It's unbeatable. EVERYONE loves it. With this new style, it's like 20% of everyone (fanbase+nonfans) likes it. :no:
it would be cool to have the old lp back but i don't see it hapening, and if they take the right steps forwards then thye can make up for osme of the crap on MTM... lol

I went out and bought the cd the 15th and i have to be honest, i was really really disappointed about minutes to midnight. :no:All the songs are so slow and sad the only one i like is no more sorrow.... and even then, thats not my FAVORITE lp song ever.. i much more like the old lp more than this! I don't think they should have been with Rick, what WAS linkin park thinkin when they worked with him?! and what were they thinkin when they listened to the songs and decided they were complete?! Later

dustador:mad:

EVERYONE loves it.
I don't love it. So what if not a lot of people like it. It shouldn't be about how many CD's you sell but whether or not you like the music you make. It beats hearing the same song over and over which is pretty much what their first two albums. A lot of people I know didn't like them just because of that. They needed to breathe some new life into their tired musicial style. Anyway I think we all knew nobody was going to like it anyway because it's different. Like I said in another post if I was musician in Linkin Park's position I wouldn't even care about the "fans" whining because it's different. I mean when it comes to pop music and or mainstream music people want to same thing over and over and slightest change can cause "fans" to be come disgruntled. So kudos to Linkin Park for not giving a damn what the mainstream populous wants. At least they have the guts to at least try something DIFFERENT, and not give their fanbase head by just making the same old stuff over and over again. I'm sorry but it's gets annoying to hear people endlessly whine about this album.

I went out and bought the cd the 15th and i have to be honest, i was really really disappointed about minutes to midnight. :no:All the songs are so slow and sad the only one i like is no more sorrow.... and even then, thats not my FAVORITE lp song ever.. i much more like the old lp more than this! I don't think they should have been with Rick, what WAS linkin park thinkin when they worked with him?! and what were they thinkin when they listened to the songs and decided they were complete?! Later

Another person who doesn't like It, hmm Well I love it :)

i think there's a rule that you shouldn't post this way...

I mean the whole font changes and different colors...it's hard to read

Back