religion...a waste?

eddo said:
ok, but only because you said so.

and actually your mom gave me the 12 bucks for the subscription. so there.

dumbass...

listen, its not hard to see through your post that your mom rejects you (and your whole family), but thats no reason for you to involve someone elses mother

eddo said:
yeah, well your mom certainly didn't reject me...
Ya no ****. Whats with Koko's mom anyway? I showed up behind the dumpster she works at with a $5 bill, and after she blew me she gave me change back. Shes the dollar store of street hookers.

Jhony5 said:
Ya no ****. Whats with Koko's mom anyway? I showed up behind the dumpster she works at with a $5 bill, and after she blew me she gave me change back. Shes the dollar store of street hookers.

must be where she got part of the $12 for me to get on here. Honestly though, her lack of teeth does make for a nice blowjob.

eddo said:
must be where she got part of the $12 for me to get on here. Honestly though, her lack of teeth does make for a nice blowjob.
True but whats with the bulge in her pants? I wanted to ask but it wasn't a good time. Koko, is your mom your dad?

Two young girls just said this to me when i said i didn't beleave in hell or christianity.....

1) If you preach the bible to more people and make them christians, then god will give you jewls and crowns and gold, etc....... and you may even sit at his side.

2) if your not christian, you go to hell, simple.

3) god has always existed, and the earth is not very old, the moon has no old craters, it was made that way, dinosaurs are only 6,000 years old, there was no 'pre-history'

4) you will be punished at the end of time if you don't beleave in him.

5) you CAN'T get into heaven by being good, nomatter how good of a person you are, if you don't beleave in christ, you go to hell. if you never heard of christ, say amazon people? no matter how good you are you burn.

6) you can pray to god for help, but you have to do it for yourself.

sooooo, god is a cast system supporter that will damn you to hell if you don't beleave in him, even if you are a good person that condems evil? and no matter what you pray to him for, it's you that has to do it, he only shows you waer to go to help yourself?

WTF, some 'forgiving and loving' savior he is! this 9 year old girl just told me my best friend is going to hell becouse he is catholic, that's bullshit, but they also said that the terrorists are posessed, i can buy that lol

so, what do you think?

Msixty said:
1) If you preach the bible to more people and make them christians, then god will give you jewls and crowns and gold, etc....... and you may even sit at his side.

I've heard this, but don't buy into it. It is trying to take something spiritual; and turn it into something material. Not what God is about. In fact, this is pretty much what the disciples of Jesus expected of him whne he was here: To set up an eathly kingdom, when his intent was a spiritual kingdom.

Msixty said:
2) if your not christian, you go to hell, simple.
5) you CAN'T get into heaven by being good, nomatter how good of a person you are, if you don't beleave in christ, you go to hell. if you never heard of christ, say amazon people? no matter how good you are you burn.
These two go together, so here is the deal:
You are judged based on what you know. If you have heard about Jesus and rejected him, then you have rejected heaven as well. If you have not heard about Jesus, then you are judged based on how you know God, and everyone knows about God:
since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities

Posted by Eddo:
I do however believe that hell is eternal separation from God, and that is very real.
I heard this before. A solemn man I once worked with many years ago was talking religion with me. Hes a devout Christian. I asked him what is hell. He explained that hell is a place where god cannot help you. A place where he has no power.
My only thought was, if this is the case, are we not in hell now? God cannot help you here. Try and tell me he can and I wonder. I wonder about all the horrifying tales of pedophile killers that tie children to wooden post. Then repeatedly sodomize them with a boot knife until the hours of sexual sadistic torture kills the child. A child. Presumably gods child. As it is explained god sees all and knows all. Thusly he knows of this horror as it transpires. Yet the child is allowed to inherit the unimaginable suffering. The perpetrator is free to dispose of the corpse and do it again and again. God did not help the child. Even though he knew of this child's need for help. Why not? It was his plan perhaps? Part of the eternal scheme laid out at the inception of creation. That this child would be born unto this world. Live a short 5 years only to die a death more horrible than most.

I say all this not to be macob and disgusting, as I realize such a statement is such. Reality shows, however, that these sorts of things happen all the time Possibly it is occurring as I type. Somewhere, another one of god's children is dying at the hands of evil.

So I submit to you, or anyone of like thinking, that if you truly believe hell is a place without gods hand, than we are there.

If you have not heard about Jesus, then you are judged based on how you know God, and everyone knows about God:
What I know of god has been recited to me from people. People have also told me of the Quran. People have also told me of Satanic worship. People have told me of Witchcraft. People are not to be trusted. They are, as god purportedly stated, born into sin and inherently evil. Washing themselves of this only through acceptance of god's way. However I come to know this from only the word of man, not by word of god, as he does not speak. According to lore, he gave me a logical mind. He gave me the ability to utilize this logic to decipher facts from fiction. He gave me the ability to doubt the word of man. Even if man speaks his words. A paradox? Perhaps.

Because Genesis said it only took 7 days to make, and if I believe that God is who he says he is (which I do,) then I have no problem believing that the biblical account of creation is accurate. If I am wrong, and each biblical "day" is intended to mean millions of years, then no biggie.

Okay, I'll field this and allow the theory you suppose. That the relativity of 'gods' time is out of context with that of how man knows it. A day as spoken biblically in Genesis, may be millions of years.
I'll grant you that. However, if I allow that than I must say I cannot allow this>>>
Honestly, I believe the earth is only a few thousand years old.
Despite the allowance of perspective of time in creation (Genesis), The earth is however old that it truly is. This is not up for review. It is either X number of years old, or Y number of years old. Time for the creation is over now, and it is done. So here is the mighty Earth. It begins. Can we say it is only a few thousand years old when I can produce a rock from my back yard that predates your estimate? You can adjust time's context before the earth was formed, but you cannot molest these figures after it is done.
Human skulls are found from pre-Cambrian man, Neanderthal and many other variations of the human form. These are fossilized and can only be tens to hundreds of thousands of years old. Not a few thousand. If this was true our homoerectus would have crossed paths with them during recent history.

The unfortunate thing for those men whom wrote the books of the bible is that inevitably the future would disclose facts that counter the writings. We see errors like this in many cultures stories of lore. The Greeks, whom dreamed up such beings as the cyclops, for example. The cyclops was a beast that they truly believed existed. But why? It is believed that they came up with the stories of these beasts, and many others, based on dinosaur bones found scattered all throughout Greece and its various Isles. The skull of a woolly mammoth has a large opening for its nasal cavity. This was mistaken when found as the orbital socket, thus the cyclops was not myth to them, it was fact. They had the bones to prove it. However the reality that would be shown in the future was drastically different then their own.
Take these same misgivings and translate them to the Christian beginnings and you see the same misguidance that trickled down from ignorance of scientific fact, fact that was not privy to them at the time. Heaven was depicted as clouds and wreaked of an earthly atmospheric setting. Why? Because thats what they saw when they looked up. Its all they had to work with. How were they to know that one day man would fly far beyond these clouds, and there they would find no heaven. Just hydrogen, oxygen and other earthly elements.

It depends on the individual person as to who is or isn't going to end up separated from God. Many, many Catholics that I know (and I have many, many Catholics in my family- heck, my dad's uncle is a Catholic priest) do not worship God and Jesus, but instead worship Mary or the priest themselves. This is wrong, and will separate you from God.
There are and have been thousands of religions throughout the history of man. It started with the obvious. The sun. The moon. The stars. As man evolved so did the level of his religion. Yes, religion evolved (how bitterly ironic for Christians). Then why is Christianity so popular? Simply put they won the war. Blood was spilled, kingdoms were built, then fell. At this point and time Christians rule the predominant sectors of earth, by way of taking root in the countries that own the power. America. A Christian empire. We are right because we are many and we are powerful. That is why our god is righteous, and yours is a fallacy.

Eddo, I say these things for the sake of a spirited debate, not to insult your personal beliefs. So please do not take it thata way, aye.

Jhony5 said:
So I submit to you, or anyone of like thinking, that if you truly believe hell is a Despite the allowance of perspective of time in creation (Genesis), The earth is however old that it truly is. This is not up for review. It is either X number of years old, or Y number of years old.
I agree. :)

Jhony5 said:
Can we say it is only a few thousand years old when I can produce a rock from my back yard that predates your estimate? You can adjust time's context before the earth was formed, but you cannot molest these figures after it is done.
Human skulls are found from pre-Cambrian man, Neanderthal and many other variations of the human form. These are fossilized and can only be tens to hundreds of thousands of years old. Not a few thousand. If this was true our homoerectus would have crossed paths with them during recent history.
My only arguement with this is how do you know something is tens of thousand os years old? Carbon dating is highly innaccurate, and is the most common use of age dating. As for the rocks and stuff, look at Adam. When God created Adam, he created a grown man, not a child. So it figures that when got created the earth, he created age in it as well. I can buy that, and not have it conflict with the theory you posted. 'cept for the people. :)

Jhony5 said:
The unfortunate thing for those men whom wrote the books of the bible is that inevitably the future would disclose facts that counter the writings. We see errors like this in many cultures stories of lore. ....
Take these same misgivings and translate them to the Christian beginnings and you see the same misguidance that trickled down from ignorance of scientific fact, fact that was not privy to them at the time.
How does a theory of cyclops or the wooly mammoth contridict the Biblical account of early life? I'm sorry, but I missed somehting there.

Jhony5 said:
Heaven was depicted as clouds and wreaked of an earthly atmospheric setting. Why? Because thats what they saw when they looked up. Its all they had to work with. How were they to know that one day man would fly far beyond these clouds, and there they would find no heaven. Just hydrogen, oxygen and other earthly elements.
This goes back to man wanting a materilistic and earthly kingdom of heaven, when that isn't what was ever intended.

Jhony5 said:
There are and have been thousands of religions throughout the history of man. It started with the obvious. The sun. The moon. The stars.
again, I agree

Jhony5 said:
We are right because we are many and we are powerful. That is why our god is righteous, and yours is a fallacy.
We are right because ours makes the most sense, lol. I know some are gonna scoff at that, and that is fine, but no religion or belief system has ever endured the scrutiny that Christianity has. and it has survived. Sure, there are people out there that abuse it,that abuse the "power" they can get from it, and abuse those that are shaky in their faith, but that is man's doing, not God's.

As a Christian my first and foremost responsibility is to God. Not to convert people, not to collect money, not to scare people- but to make myself more like him than I was yesterday. Sadly, many do not understand that.

Jhony5 said:
Eddo, I say these things for the sake of a spirited debate, not to insult your personal beliefs. So please do not take it thata way, aye.
Understood. No problems here. You bring interesting viewpoints to the table, I like that. :)

disclaimer: this was typed in a hurry, so I really hope it makes some sort of sense, lol

eddo said:
We are right because ours makes the most sense

uuuuuuh, not to me

you FEEL right, becouse if your not, your ass is burning for all time, your religion makes no more sence than any other, god existing for ever then FINALLY deciding to make something to keep him company, and it only took the effort of 7 days? a great flood that covered the earth entirely but then the water just vanished? i don't see how that makes any more sence than what the other people beleave, and what about a grand table with all the food you could wish for, and it never runs out? so different from lots of women to please you for all time? i'd rather have sex that get fat, but i don't want to bow to ANY of your dictator gods, so how does your religion make more sence?

Posted by Eddo:
My only argument with this is how do you know something is tens of thousand of years old? Carbon dating is highly inaccurate, and is the most common use of age dating.
I steered clear of mentioning carbon dating on purpose. Despite my opinion that it is a sound practice, too many people throw dissension upon it, making it too controversial to use as "proof". As to my comment about the rocks in my backyard. After all these years on earth, all the advances we humans have achieved, we have gained knowledge of many things. We built flying machines and internal combustion engines. We cured plagues and learned to repair broken body parts. We split the atom. Man has even ventured far into outer space to see things so far away it boggles the mind. Along the way we have gathered information and stored it as fact. With these facts we have learned how even the most crude of things came to be. Rocks. Sedimentary minerals that have undergone compression over time. We know this amount of time must be great to turn magnetite and sand into a hardened rock. We can show this to be true on scale. Its not theory that it takes tens of thousands of years to create a diamond from the compression of minerals. It is fact.

How does a theory of cyclops or the wooly mammoth contradict the Biblical account of early life? I'm sorry, but I missed something there.
I mentioned that as an example of early cultures misunderstanding what they saw in their physical realm, then attempting to translate it into lore. Much the same as we see early Christians did. After all, god is always a ready explanation for unexplainable.

but no religion or belief system has ever endured the scrutiny that Christianity has.
That I have to disagree with. Again I think its the power behind Christianity that makes it seem righteous. Like two men arguing over an issue. A fight ensues. The one standing tall at the end is, by default, the winner. He was the one whom was righteous.
Many religions still exist with many followers behind them. Buddhism, Islam, Catholicism (granted very much born from the same cloth as Christianity). Pagan religious practices didn't all die off from lack of interest. Many did indeed, quite literally, die off. With the spillage of blood.

What determined religious superiority wasn't the enduring of scrutiny. It was the quelling of resistance to said religion in its burgeoning years, that led to its endurance over time.
I think what lends so many followers to Christianity is the way the religion has conformed to modernization. As people became more civilized, they would seek a more civilized religion.

Does evil exist? Did God create evil?

The University professor challenged his students with this question.

"Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir", the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are, then God is evil."

The student became quiet before such an answer. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460? F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it everyday. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold; words that man has created to describe the absence of light and heat. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

and then if god chooses not to be in a place he/she/it chooses to allow that to evil, and so god acts in the benefit of evil, but i thought god can't do that for god is perfect, so what is it? and what of a man who dosn't accept god but is not evil?

evil is not a description of 'no god' evil is a presence that exists on its own, a preacher who acepts god and prays every day rapes a child, evil exists, IN the presence of god for the preacher beleaves it is justified. but how is this possible if evil is the absence of god?

science and religion do not mix, simple.

Msixty said:
science and religion do not mix, simple.

You're making excuses for evil, 60.

I'm not a believer in religious pursuits. I'm a deist. I am god, and so are you.

I support the belief that if we treat others, the way we want to be treated, I'll be fine and so will you.

;)

builder said:
You're making excuses for evil, 60.

no, just saying that evil is something we create, not god's absence, evil has nothing to do with somebody people beleave has all the power.

builder said:
I'm not a believer in religious pursuits. I'm a deist. I am god, and so are you.

I support the belief that if we treat others, the way we want to be treated, I'll be fine and so will you.

;)

i like that way of thinking, it is a refreshing sight in leu of all the My God Your God, Power, Hell, Blah Blah Blah.

Msixty said:
no, just saying that evil is something we create, not god's absence, evil has nothing to do with somebody people beleave has all the power.

You're discussing ill-will and contrived malice. If you've never personally met the people you want to kill, is that not evil personnified? Is that not pre-meditated murder? In light of the fabricated "evidence" for war and invasion, do you still feel all patriotic and ghung-ho about your role?

Msixty said:
I like that way of thinking, it is a refreshing sight in leu of all the My God Your God, Power, Hell, Blah Blah Blah.

It's not about God. It's about how you feel about what you are doing.

If you feel, deep down inside, that what you are doing is wrong, then don't ****ing do it. Tell the boss to go **** himself, or tell him to do it himself.

He's not gonna reap the karma. You are. ;)

builder said:
You're discussing ill-will and contrived malice. If you've never personally met the people you want to kill, is that not evil personnified? Is that not pre-meditated murder? In light of the fabricated "evidence" for war and invasion, do you still feel all patriotic and ghung-ho about your role?

are you asking this in relation to my plans to join the military?

and yes, it is pre-medetated, but not in a 'to hell with joe i'm gonna kill him' way, the main differences are,

1) i don't know anyone i will kill by name, face, individuality, they are all interchangeable as long as they threaten me or anyone i work to defend.

2) i feel it nessesery to stop them from harming someone I want to live, not simply kill them. i'd just as soon use a flashbang as a fragmentation grenade, but if i can't capture within reason (say i could but i or others may die needlessly) i will kill.

and i beleave the WMD stories and all that, so i see no 'stories' but even if it was all a lie, i'd fight and kill becouse that is one less person that will attempt to kill an american, or an innocent.

did i answer your question, if not..... what did i not adress/misinterpert?

It's not about God. It's about how you feel about what you are doing.

If you feel, deep down inside, that what you are doing is wrong, then don't ****ing do it. Tell the boss to go **** himself, or tell him to do it himself.

He's not gonna reap the karma. You are.

Just a recap. I hear what you are saying, and I understand the motivation that is instilled in infantry troops, but if you can't rationalise what you are doing, be somewhere else.

i do not feel it is wrong, quite the opposit, but then, i'm sure you expected that answer ;)

Back