should gays be allowed to adopt ??

I don't have any problem with what gay people do... As long as they are not criminals, they should be able to marrie, adopt, and all other things that we take as liberties as humans... What is the big deal? I'll tell ya, I would rather a familly with Two men, or Two females adopt a child rather than, an inner city mother plunk out her fifth child when there is no sign of ANY of there fathers around...

With so many children without homes today, I don't see a problem with anyone adopting them as long as they can provide the love, support and guidance they cannot recieve through a publoc system. Love is love and every child needs it in order to develope into a productive adult. (without proper compassion and human contact as an infant a child can grow up without proper language skills and will always suffer for it. That's all it takes)

I'm with tizz. There are so many kids that do not have parents, that it doesn't matter to me who adopts them, as long as they get a chance at a normal life. Even if they are being raised by guys who use too much hair product and like designing living rooms more than watching football, at least the kid would have some guidance and love it their life.

I know alot of heterosexuals that shouldn't raise, have , or think of kids. :cool:

What's to say a couple of fags couldn't do better? ;)

It's okay and it's not okay at the same time. On one hand, there are so many children that need homes as long as the parents are going to raise them right it doesn't matter. On the other hand the children might get a messed up view on how things should be. Not saying that being gay is wrong, it's just that it could have negative effects on the child later on in life. Maybe not. Who knows.

Well, so far there are no negative effects to tbe seen except in teh eyes of outsiders

cynthiaa89 said:
It's okay and it's not okay at the same time. On one hand, there are so many children that need homes as long as the parents are going to raise them right it doesn't matter. On the other hand the children might get a messed up view on how things should be. Not saying that being gay is wrong, it's just that it could have negative effects on the child later on in life. Maybe not. Who knows.

If anything it will have social negative effects, caused only by the cruelty that only young piers can inflict so calliously and effortlessly as we all know they can....later in life i would see things as different.....

But i woulndt know, i dont want children...

infact, when i look at children, i feel nothing....well maybe annoyance...but thats more directed at idiot parents than anything.

And happy, if you start threads it would be nice to back what you say, why you say it, and give some sort of reasoning behind anything you say....or am i the only one who noticed a wave of these types of threads?

**** THAT ! ! ! ALL FAGS MUST DIE... Ich morge fag tote! HEIL...HEIL... HEIL !

Just kidding... I know two kids that are being raised by two mommies/daddies... These children are fine! as a matter of fact, they are better behaved and adjusted than some normal familly children...

I don't see how that is different from a mom and a dad... I mean, let's face it... Most famillies are ****ed up and dilluted anyways... What difference is gender gonna make... most famillies arew depraved anyways....

Happy Feller said:
i dont think they should but if they wanna have a kid with the oposite sex to have one it would be ok
i think they should be able to adopt just like a straight person. They still will have the compassion and love that a "straight" parent would have.They gotta go through the same **** too. I think they are entitled to a child just like any other.

It should be allowed under one condition, they adopt a child of the opposite sex.
The guys have to adopt a girl and the women have to adopt a boy.
There are too many cases of gay guys molesting boys, and gay women molesting girls. If they have a child of the opposite sex then they'll have no desire to molest the child. :p

Do you have any proof that it is gay men (living in healthy relationship required to adopt) or women are more ikely to abuse or molest than anyone else? And what of opposite sex molestation (which I believe occirs in even higher amounts than same sex abuse)

Spleefman said:
I know alot of heterosexuals that shouldn't raise, have , or think of kids. :cool:

What's to say a couple of fags couldn't do better? ;)

haha, you're awesome. I agree :D

wolvesslasher said:
It should be allowed under one condition, they adopt a child of the opposite sex.
There are too many cases of gay guys molesting boys, and gay women molesting girls. If they have a child of the opposite sex then they'll have no desire to molest the child. :p

What are you talking about? Almost EVERY case of child molestation I have EVER heard about has always been a 'straight' man molesting a boy.
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html
The distinction between gender of victim and sexual orientation of perpetrator is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women.
They're not gay. But they're not really straight, either. They have their own catergory.
Other researchers have taken different approaches, but have similarly failed to find a connection between homosexuality and child molestation. Dr. Carole Jenny reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in only 2 of the 269 cases in which an adult molester could be identified

angie said:
What are you talking about? EVERY case of child molestation I have EVER heard about has always been a 'straight' man molesting a boy.

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

I beg to differ, Angie. You've not heard of the case of Mary Kay, the 34 year old teacher, and her 13 year old student, Villi Fallou? I doubt that this is an isolated case. The difference is, she was exposed.

A few days later, 34-year-old Mary Kay Letourneau and 13-year-old Vili Fualaau first had sexual intercourse. Vili would later claim they had sex some 300 to 400 times. The scandal would shock much of the country. No one would be more stunned than Mary Kay's friends and family. They had always seen her as a kind of "All American Girl" (a phrase that would become part of the title of a made-for-TV movie about the case). What they didn't know was Mary Kay was in some ways repeating a sordid chapter in her family history.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/psychology/marykay_letourneau/1.html
angie said:
They're not gay. But they're not really straight, either. They have their own catergory.

I have no problem with same-sex couples adopting.

angie said:
So a homosexual is NO MORE LIKELY to molest a child than a heterosexual.

I agree. I disagree that the only cases of child molestation come from "straight" men molesting boys. That is so wrong, it's almost laughable, but considering the topic, there is no humour in that at all.

Yea so I forgot about the stupid teacher. I didn't say women DON'T do it. Just not nearly as frequently ( I forgot to add ALMOST in there. My bad.) Besides, the point is moot and not what the argument is about in the first place.

I fixed it. Okay?

wolvesslasher said:

The problem is that the pediophiles that molest children of the same sex is they get HUGE media coverage because of the whole gay issue.

Straight people, or messed up ones, are just as likely to be a pediophile as gay people....the point is pretty moot.....

And remember most molesters molest other peoples children as well....

If a gay person wants to adopt i dont see anything wrong with it, obviously, but they should go through the same background checks as anyone and the gay thing shouldnt matter. A stable person is a stable persion period!

Vortex said:
The problem is that the pediophiles that molest children of the same sex is they get HUGE media coverage because of the whole gay issue.

Straight people, or messed up ones, are just as likely to be a pediophile as gay people....the point is pretty moot.....

And remember most molesters molest other peoples children as well....

If a gay person wants to adopt i dont see anything wrong with it, obviously, but they should go through the same background checks as anyone and the gay thing shouldnt matter. A stable person is a stable persion period!

Sorry Vortex, buddy, but you're just wrong on this one.....

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/psy/psylect09.htm

There is an 11:1 ratio of heterosexual pedophiles to homosexual ones.

So as you can see, heterosexuals are about 11 times as likely to be a pedophile as homosexuals. :eek:

As for homosexuals adopting children, I'm all for it. Knowing what sort of hell these homosexual parents expierenced growing up with their sexual orientation, I would stand to reason that they would be a hellova lot more loving and accepting of their child than your average heterosexual parents.

Back