Site upgrade!

What about v4 design ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
nooooooooooo I don't like it >.<
I liked the whole idea about switching it to green instead of blue. What the hell? I don't like the yellow =/ The whole forums look way better the way they are right now.

Person said:
nooooooooooo I don't like it >.<
I liked the whole idea about switching it to green instead of blue. What the hell? I don't like the yellow =/ The whole forums look way better the way they are right now.

I agree.
I can't stand it either.

Wow. After all of you busting his balls to get it done, you see what it could look like & you hate it and say how it could be so much better. Very appreciative...

Vash_the_Stampede said:
Wow. After all of you busting his balls to get it done, you see what it could look like & you hate it and say how it could be so much better. Very appreciative...

Yeah I do appreciate what he did, I'm sure it took a lot of work. Thanks for doing it.

I'm just not in favor of the rapid, sudden changes in color/layout >_>

I don't think the change of color is that abrupt. There's just the extra yellow component. It still keeps the dark background. I think the new layout is fine. I think it makes the forum seem a lot more lively.

Also, it sort of makes me think that it signifies the change in LP's style from being nu-metal (which makes me think blue) into something else.... while keeping the same recognizable LP sound.

Now that i looked around on that link some more, i kinda like it. Its just the yellow i'll have to get used to, but other than that, i like it more now

Hahninator said:
Yeah I do appreciate what he did, I'm sure it took a lot of work. Thanks for doing it.

I'm just not in favor of the rapid, sudden changes in color/layout >_>

You think that one is sudden?
how about the transformation from the original LPF to this one.
http://web.archive.org/web/20040606054244/www.linkinparkforums.com/

That yellow looks a lot better than that brown in my opinion
I really like how that one is, it's a lot nicer than this one

Last edited by a moderator:
lol rather funny how vash is posting again i wonder why ><
i like the new layout...
the black now looks awesome but i really think the new layout looks ok..
what i do think is that he should take it as it is now and ask us what we would like to change (small things)
thats just my opinion...
like it anyway

Vash_the_Stampede said:

We are entitled to our opinions. Just because we have opinions, doesnt mean we dont appreciate the work he has done.

I still think the community input into the layout would be much better.

My honest opinion:

Pros:

New features
Upgraded version of vbuliten.

Cons:

Colour is dull. Yellow, Black and White isnt that great.
The colour scheme hurts the eyes.
The animated buttons/images get kinda annoying.
Quotes in signatures stretch the width of the page, unlike before when it was the width of the text quoted.

----

This is my honest opinion. It doesnt mean i dont appreciate the work, so dont anyone dare flame me for what ive said.
I appreciate the new upgrade, but I defiently think LPF needs more community input.
There are alot of members with alot of good ideas and some with a good amount of talent, which could be put to use on these forums.

ok ill do the same
Cool:
new chat
the way posts look now

not bad:
colour aint that bad

bad:
dont like the animated stuff
Does the "www.linkinparkforums" have to be on the banner? cause once ur here you should know its lpf >< and thought small arrow logos dont look good either (on the banner)
would like to have a "home page" botton like last layout

yup yup thats what i think
*edit.. just saw hoe awesome the gallary section is... awesome!!

Hey guys, so the new layout is cool I like it! It's a nice change...still, there are a few things that don't seem to work. First of all, when you go to new posts and click on the little arrow to go to the latest post, for some threads you get the message "no thread specified, if you followed a valid link please contact the administrator" Also, I would like to be able to see the list with all the members that logged on one day though that's not such a big deal. Finally the clock is still wrong and I still don't get e-mail notifications for the threads I'm subscribed to though I've selected the relevant option. I know you're still working on it but I just felt I needed to point out a few things to make your work easier. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back