SlipKnoT

Just listened to the 'All Hope Is Gone' and it's a pretty nice album, I must say...I like it...:)
Nice song..

Can't say i'm a hardcore "fan", but i do like most of their old songs..
They are coming to belgium in december along with Children of Bodom..

Nice song..

Can't say i'm a hardcore "fan", but i do like most of their old songs..
They are coming to belgium in december along with Children of Bodom..

Yeah and machine head, in Amsterdam
But it's 50 euro's, and I don't wanna see Slipknot that bad, COB would be nice, but I'm going to Bullet for my Valentine and Lacuna Coil in November :D And probably Alter Bridge in December

Yeah and machine head, in Amsterdam
But it's 50 euro's, and I don't wanna see Slipknot that bad, COB would be nice, but I'm going to Bullet for my Valentine and Lacuna Coil in November :D And probably Alter Bridge in December

right, and machine head.. same tour XD

oh lacuna coil.... I want to ******* that ***** LOL

yeah i've heard bout slipknot's new album

i like them, corey has one of the best voices among metal vocalists imo

looking forward to listen to their new **** ^^

OMG thier show last night was amazing! I wasn't a huge Slipknot fan I'll admit, but after that concert they've earned a new degree of respect from me. Their stage was awesome, it was big budget with fire torches, pyrotechnics, two rotating and lifting drum risers, and the ultimate was the main drum riser at the very end (which I have NEVER seen or heard doing in my life) rose up a few metres in the air off the stage, lifted to a full 90 degree angle so we could see the entire circumference of the kit (and the top of his head ;)) and then it rotated on this axis a full 360 all while he was doing a drum solo! :eek:

I was just in awe, that was the ultimate highlight of the night for me. I'm not a fan of masks (my friends will tell you that) but they have such a uniform presence up there, they played to the audience, they were such a visual feast, as well as played some awesome music (Pyschosocial, The Heretic Anthem, I was excited about those!) and with the drumkits rising up and down, the burts of fire shooting up the back, the sonic explosions, and the music... my god... no wonder I'm exhausted!

Hands down the BEST concert I have EVER seen in my life. Yes even over Disturbed. And I adore Disturbed. But the Slipknot show was just more polished, more professional. Okay I screamed more and went ape in Disturbed, but I was converted last night as a new Slipknot fan as well, so that was just awesome!

Machinehead was okay. Didn't really do much for me though. The minor band before them, that I can't even remember their name (they were an Aussie act) were better in my opinion. They had 3 drumkits which was a site to see. At several points the bassist would go over and play drums too, and there was one song where they actually had 5 (count it, FIVE!) drummers going at once and a lone guitarist / singer. Now THAT was freakin' awesome...

Overall it was as close to a 10 out of 10 as you could get. Not quite 10, but damned close!

;)
The Moshpit, waiting for Machinehead to come out (I think) No I correct myself, it was after Machinehead.

;)
Machinehead

;)
Slipknot
(As you can see, the pit got massive once they came on and we pulled out of that)

;)
Slipknot again. An idea of the lightshow. Was incredible! If you zoom in you can see the far right of stage one
of the rising drum risers in the air - awesome!

;)
Myself and Lisa waiting for Slipknot to come out! Yay!

Btw sorry for quality of pics, taken on my phone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great :) What new songs did they play?
'Dead memories' which they said would be the new single and 'Psychosocial' one of my personal favs from the new album, they're the two I remember most of all, aside from that I don't know. They also played their first ever hit, 10 years to the day from their debut album they said or pretty close to, and The Heretic Anthem ("if you're 555 then I'm 666") and a few others. I just know Psychosocial went off. That was amazing! Sorry don't have more info, am pretty wasted even now!

Oh and thanks Nefieslab, I can honestly say the lead vox has one amazing voice! It's rare to find a band that sound like live what they do in studio (mind you Disturbed also did, Pearl Jam sucked something awful) so after last night I appreciate Slipknot on a whole new level! The show was incredible, I'd recommend it to anyone. They know how to rock a crowd. Hell yeah I only wish they were playing again tonight! Everyone should see them at least ince, OMG!

Tomer, you should find a way. Life is short. Took what 3 years for them to get here last time at the Big Day Out or so they said. Don't leave it another 3! GO!

I dont like Slipknot so much but by that description I wouldve liked to see the show
I dunno though whether to think it's a great thing to have such a great show to see, or whether to consider it a waste of money and electricity (which I think I do) or overcompensation for lack of ingredient in the music...
slipknot is not the crap a lot of metalheads say it is Id say. they have agression, passion, anger, they convey a lot of real emotions which is good. Im not sure Im quite into the way they do it though. I do like Everything Ends. I still think they're too tied to the mainstream...like Duality. It's an alright song and I used to like it but you can hear so easily it was written out of request for a single...watered down simple stuff with a hook

I wouldve liked to have seen Machine Head in that show though. by the description they may not be the best live band, but Ive seen a couple videos and I liked them a bit. but yeah except for the newest album they're not that great of a band. the newest album is fantastic though, bringing new horizons to post-thrash

You are right.. Maybe i'll go after all.

I want to hear Snuff live if they will ever play it :O
Ditto. I was hoping they would too but no such luck. Oh well, I was still happy with what they played for the most part. They spread it out over their albums too, as I said, playing from their debut album too and the new one, so they mixed it up a bit. Can tell even by that how far they've come sound-wise. Matured I mean.
We'll cross our fingers and hope they release it after Dead Memories... can't see it, but hope so :eek:k:

And dearest Vi (aww, hi!), well having seen Disturbed like 2 months ago and then Slipknot like 2 nights ago, I have to say out of the two I agree that a pretty light show doesn't make up for a **** band or a **** performance from an otherwise great band. Gladly neither disappointed. As far as atmosphere Disturbed rocked harder and seeing as how David pretty much carried the show and the focus the whole time (I think they even went a bit longer too) compared to what at least 4 characters I saw jumping around and flipping the bird and hanging off the drum risers as they went up into the air etc at Slipknot, you have to give credit where it's due. Yes the show was incredible, it was bigger, it was better, and even the venue at the Riverstadium (open air) was better suited than the Entertainment centre (indoors) so again even where you play has a different effect on how your show is recieved. But the show really complimented the sound, it didn't carry it, so that was a definate plus. A huge plus. I would still have enjoyed the show live without but I'll admit, the extra visual elemnet to it just pushed it over the top. It was incredible.

But as far as sounding mainstream or whatever, sincerely, it's not a concern to me. When I was younger and I wore my musical tastes like a kind of badge of identity of sorts with due pride then I cared. Now I just love what sounds good and I enjoy what looks good, and if it happens to be mainstream so be it. I'm also not a musician so I guess it has no bearing on my life whatsoever - regardless the cliche, ignorance is occasionally bliss ;)

As far as machine Head - I didn't mind the album SuperCharger I think it was, but outside of that I really wasn't too fazed. Friends of mine said that was too generic, too again 'mainstream' and spat all over it, but me, I didn't mind. I'll admit I haven't heard too much since then, seeing as how I'm not really a fan. Their show didn't really change my opinion either. By comparrison, they were like a second rate band, a support band, and didn't really get any fanfare they were due either as I thought being something of a name band. Nope, that was reserved strictly for the headline act. So be it. I don't know what the lead vox's name is but Lisa has always refered to him as her future husband. He was the highlight of her night. We were having an argument over who was better, him or Dave Draiman. Good thing we can concede a draw or we'd have had a punch up on the grass there XD haha. It's all good. She's another who was a tad disappointed about Machine ('F*****g') head's set - they just didn't really have any 'moment' or any real presence. His remarks about how hard the crowd rocked seemed generic. I remember David made a point in his show at coming back on stage and sitting down and after a short lecture (that was hilarious) demanded everyone get up - even against the venues rules. Who really was going to stop him and a few thousand screaming fans? But that I still remember. Machine Head's attempt was like... 'meh, get up if you want, we don't really care, we're just saying this because we have to / you expect us to say it' - at least that was the way it came across. Corey (is that Slipknot's vox's name?) he was good too. When he wasn't giving everyone the finger (and getting thousands back!) mind you. He was great. He knew how to rock a crowd. You could tell he was giving everything - and after paying nearly $100 AUD for a ticket and waiting a few hours in line just to get in the gates I think that's fair enough too. If I'd gone to see Machine Head and saw their set without Slipknot I'd have demanded my money back. Was really dull by comparrison. Slipknot I'll definately see again. Disturbed I want to follow all over the world! Machine Head... no. I hope they pick up their act a little. Then again maybe if I were into them a bit more I would have loved it. Hard to tell. >:eek:

Oh and I'll definately agree with the lyrics. Hell yeah. I never appreciated it til the new album. Converted now. Now there's no going back.

Thanks guys. Was excited and just had to share it. Can't wait til they come back. I'm gone!

Love em. I got all their CD's except Live 9.0. The song that got me into them was Before I Forget....then The Nameless.....then People=****......and then my bro forced me to buy their first album.....then my friend burned me a copy of Mate.Feel.Kill.Repeat. witched is their first first album. It's not the Slipknot we all know now but another one. The CD is more Death Metal....except Do Nothing/Bitchslap:) which is more like jazz and death metal. The album even gots like (sic), Only One, Tattored and Torned, and Gently but how the first Slipknot made it. I like Slipknot, Vol. 3, and All Hope Is Gone. But i don't like Iowa. Only Songs I like on that is....People=****, Everything Ends, The Heretic Anthem (both versions), I Am Hated, My Plague, and Left Behind. But never went to any concerts. And Child Of Burning Time is FREAKIN' awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back