Suicidal thoughts?

Thats true.

But i have noticed some people under some misconception that it is "cool" or relieving to think such thoughts then act on them.

I swear it would be one of the worst feeling to know you f'ed it up and then not have enough mobility to take your life even though mentally you suicide for the rest of your life.

It's just so sad to see a family friend looking so pathetic after a failed attempt at doing it...sometimes when people read things like this they can realise that these kinda things aren't play things.

acdcrules04 said:
no they won't, once a person has completly and totally made up their mind, THERE IS NO CHANGING IT

I don't agree.
Not always, but often people who are suicidal don't actually want to die, they just feel they have no options left. Which is never true. There are *always* alternatives to a problem, which can make a person think twice. I once spent a month carefully planning a suicide and was stopped by my friends, so yes, you CAN change someone's mind.

well ya if you waited a month to do it, then that sounds like (to me) that you didn't want to *really* do it, my experiance with my sister and others tells me that when a person has TRULY made up their mind, you can't change it, you might prevent it, but they will do it eventually

No, you're right. I didn't. But my point was that I don't think anyone truly wants to die. I'm sorry about your sister. But I've had a lot of experence with other people's suicides, not just my own, and people who claim to be really serious about it often don't go through with it.

As I said before, I don't think people who are suicidal want to die, but I think they are so desperate to escape their problems that that is what they do. In a lot of cases, an alternative solution to suicide can be presented, because suicide isn't a solution at all.

stupidsoul1 said:
um, i was reading this thing and i came across this...i know many people who have felt like killing themselves some people attempt to act on it and then hide the scars and stuff but yeah.

Suicide?
Ask the 25-year-old who tried to electrocute himself. He lived. But both his arms are gone.

What about jumping? Ask John. He used to be intelligent, with an engaging sense of humor. That was before he leaped from a building. Now, he's brain-damaged and will always need care. He staggers and has seizures. He lives in a fog. But, worst of all, he KNOWS he used to be normal.

What about pills? Ask the 12-year-old with extensive liver damage from an overdose. Have you ever seen anyone die of liver damage? You turn yellow. It's a hard way to go.

What about a gun? Ask the 24-year-old who shot himself in the head. Now he drags one leg, has a useless arm and has no vision or hearing on one side. He lived through his "foolproof" suicide. You might too.

But ... who will clean your blood off the carpet or scrape your brains from the ceiling? Commercial cleaning companies may refuse that job--but SOMEONE has to do it.

Who will have to cut you down from where you hung yourself or identify your bloated body after you've drowned? Your father? Your mother? Your wife? Your son?

The carefully worded "loving" suicide note is of no help. Those who loved you will NEVER completely recover. They'll feel regret and an unending pain.

Suicide is contagious. Look around your family. Look closely at the 4 year old playing with his cars on the rug. Kill yourself tonight, and he may do it ten years from now.

You DO have other choices. There are people who can help you through this crisis. Call a hotline. Call a friend. Call a family member. Call your minister or priest. Call a doctor or hospital. Call the police. They will tell you that there's hope. Maybe you'll find it in the mail tomorrow. Or in a phone call this weekend. But what you're seeking could be just a minute, a month, or a day away.

You say you don't want to be stopped? Still want to do it? -- Well, then, I may see you in the psychiatric ward later. And we'll work with whatever you have left.

Remember: Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

so next time you feel like dying think about the consequences oki

that is so sad but true. i think now matter what happens that you should always choose life. i speak from experiance.

I've seen this before and found it to be very true. It's really sad though. I do hope people read it with consideration and really think about the good things in life and all of the consequences before committing suicide. It's definately not the way out, and the more people realise that there are actually people out there or friends / family that are willing to help them, the better. It's such a scary thought. I don't believe I've ever had thoughts of suicide though. I guess my life is pretty good and I really appreciate it this way. I know I'm kind of a lucky one.

It`s very hard to take a decision like that... suicide puts an end to your life, you leave your problems behind but... someone will surely suffer or maybe has to solve those problems.
It`s a kind of selfish action.. although that doesn`t matter much to a suicidal person.
My point is .. If you don`t know how to solve your problems, no matter what kind, go and get help. Someone will surely listen, be there for you and help you get past that crisis.

I`m so sorry about your sister, acdcrules04. If you need someone to talk to, i`ll be here for you, although i know that doesn`t count much.

id never kill myself, im not really up for blood etc, and well killing by pills, thats the most painful and i wouldnt have the guts to throw myself at a passing car (cuz thats selfish for u ruin the life of the driver) or over a bridge....

nah, never had suicidal thoughts, well not that id act on properly lol

Black_Thought said:
It`s very hard to take a decision like that... suicide puts an end to your life, you leave your problems behind but... someone will surely suffer or maybe has to solve those problems.
It`s a kind of selfish action.. although that doesn`t matter much to a suicidal person.My point is .. If you don`t know how to solve your problems, no matter what kind, go and get help. Someone will surely listen, be there for you and help you get past that crisis.

I`m so sorry about your sister, acdcrules04. If you need someone to talk to, i`ll be here for you, although i know that doesn`t count much.

thank you and yes... it is one of the most selfish things that a person can ever do... i just they just don't realize the wake they leave behind

stupidsoul1 said:
Yeah i agree with that

um Penguinscanfly_88 there is always something to live for..

Well I really dont have anything cuz I get treated like **** at my house and they hate me and I have no way out except to go to my brothers and sister in laws but they r leaving so then I will have 2 be home 24/7 and be tortured out of my mind. I dunno what there is 2 live 4 out of that but I am open 2 any advise from anyone cuz I am going crazy!!!!!!!!lol

I dont think people should kill themselves doing so would just mean running away from their problems no matter how big or small they may be. I know how they may probably feel since i myself have probably considered suicide once or twice in my life. But with time i realized its not the way to go. I mean there are people who die everyday with out wanting to. There are even people who die working in their everyday lives and leave their children and family behind. I mean people would do anything to get them back yet we're here and wish we were dead so i just think its not the way to go. Its not just about the blood or pain you will have to suffer through in killing yourself its also about the people you leave behind and how much they will miss you when you are not there wether they show it or not. So i just think people shouldnt let one moment ,one thought or one temptation they had help to ruin the lives of all the family and friends let alone their own. They should think about the happier moments in life and how much stonger they will be in not harming themselves in anyway and dealing with their problems head on. :thumbsup:

ive known of people who have tried to kill themselfs some do it for attention and others do it because they cant live throught their problem long enough to fix it or get help in fixing it. people who decide to kill themselfs are the ones who are the stupidest because they are too blind by their own stupidity that they can't look through that barrier and ask for help. anyways if there is anyone on this thread that is suicidal stop just dont think about it trust me cuz it only makes it worst. you have much to live for and time fixes everything.

Penguinscanfly_88 said:
Well I really dont have anything cuz I get treated like **** at my house and they hate me and I have no way out except to go to my brothers and sister in laws but they r leaving so then I will have 2 be home 24/7 and be tortured out of my mind. I dunno what there is 2 live 4 out of that but I am open 2 any advise from anyone cuz I am going crazy!!!!!!!!lol
if your anyone treats you like **** is because they feel like they are **** inside. and they probably are because no one NO ONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED LIKE ****!!!!!!!!!!!! let the outside be your family and let your family be your outside. ask for help and someone will listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* sometimes i wonder why people keep 'interfering' with others. Ya know what some of us have issues that cant be resloved. That have scared our lives, that has left us alone and cold. We know that suicide is the answer for nothing but sometimes it is. I had a friend. Her father treated her like ****, her mother called her a whore, her bothers always picked on her. She got picked on at school and i was the only one their for her. I was her only friend. She killed her self, and do you know what her parents did for her funeral. Nothing. They were gonna shove her down to the sweage system. Im they one who planned her funneral. She was cremated and I was the only one their. Her family didnt bother showing up and her ashes were left for me to hold on to!

Back