Terrorist attack on London

I just caught some of the news on TV, and apparently the death toll is now up to 50+. They think there are still people in the front carriage of one of the trains, where the bomb was planted (probably not alive, sadly.)

My dad was saying last night, that if Paris had gotten the Olympics in 2012, would there have been explossions in Paris?

I don't believe so. I may be wrong, so please correct me if you think so, but the explosions were apparently aimed to interrupt the G8 leaders. Although of course, whether intentional or not, the blasts happening right after the olympic victory like that, certainly dampened everyone's spirits. The British olympics team left Singapore as quickly as possible yesterday.

it's not very beautiful what's going on....ppl killing other ppl and for what???
i was very surprised when i saw it on the news....a lot of innocent ppl die ever day just cause some idiot pshico wants it...it's sad :(

guys i'll say two things :

1- i believe with 80 % that al qaeda didn't make the london destroys because announcement which published on the internet was full of mistakes in arabic and some quraan parts and no muslim can make mistakes in quraan so i guess that it's fabricated for them..

2- let's suppose that qaada did that .. we muslims refuse exploding civilians and islamic rules refuse killing them even our civilians being killed we can't do the same so we attack al qaeda but there are no relation between them and islamic rules even if they said that ..

^ Yeah Crawling. A lot of things you've mentioned were said this morning when I read the newspaper. People are automatically pointing their fingers at Muslims and stuff, and I heard that some of the buses weren't letting Muslims or arabic people on the buses just incase something happens... Which is really ridiculous.

They don't even know if it was Al Qaeda do they? There has been a website up where a Europe Al Qaeda group or something posted up that they did it. But one of the places they bombed is apparently suppose to be a well known muslim community. I don't know, the attacks were similar to the ones in Madrid.
It didn't matter what religion / race / age the innocent people were, it was obvious that the terrorists intent was to kill as many people as possible, which is why it happened during rush hour o_0 It's terrifying and really sick somebody would do that. They think it may be suicide bombers... what can you do about them... they don't care about anybody or themselves if they're prepared to blow up themselves and cause chaos around them. Sickening >.<

Yeah everywhere was on high red alert yesterday. This morning I don't really know, but my parents and all my friends are trying to avoid going through the city centre... It's scary that another one can happen ANYTIME but eh... I guess we better get on with it. No use letting them get to us.

There's now speculation that the bomber was actually on the bus, and accidentally blew himself up on his way to the next tube station he was going to bomb. That's what they are saying on the news now.

o0SugaxNxSpice0o said:
^ Yeah Crawling. A lot of things you've mentioned were said this morning when I read the newspaper. People are automatically pointing their fingers at Muslims and stuff, and I heard that some of the buses weren't letting Muslims or arabic people on the buses just incase something happens... Which is really ridiculous.

Im not a racist, but i would do the same thing. Sure, he could be a nice guy. Well-dressed, good hair and all that stuff, but he could be having a C4 in his suitcase and blow everybody up. I wouldnt take the risk.

And this is just horrible what happened. I dont think it was aimed to something or someone. Just trying to cause damage to the country and causing mayhem, but they didnt succeed. Im very proud of the people in London that they didnt cause any chaos when you're under attack by terrorists and picking up their lifes and go to work as every other day.

I was pretty shocked when I heard that on the news yesterday morning. It must have been hell of scary for everyone in London and Englan in general. All the lives that were lost, and people that were injured... and for what?? What's the point in killing, causing suffering? It will only bring more violence to the world, and I say we have enough of that. It makes me sad to see the world's not getting any better. The people who did that are sick...

keza said:
the bus..ive heard mixed things was it a tourist bus or was it a normal bus???

I think it was a normal bus. The thing that is absolutely (forgot the word) is that they're still trying to indentify the people in the bus. They dont know precise how many people got killed because of the blast. Just image body parts everywhere. Gross.

yeah they said they dont know how many people were travelling on the bus at the time...also they did interveiws with poeople, lking for loved ones and travelling on the buses, trying to lead normal lives, its so difficult for them...

o0SugaxNxSpice0o said:
^ Yeah Crawling. A lot of things you've mentioned were said this morning when I read the newspaper. People are automatically pointing their fingers at Muslims .
so why do people think that al-qaeda represent all muslims and muslims rules ?? suppose an american guy came and blew him silf here in cairo would that mean all americans and all christians are terrorists ?? :rolleyes:
anyway i think al qaeda understood islam wrong i accept fighting with any militerian forces which ocybing our land in palestine , iraq but i refuse killing civilians..
ah btw .. one of the stations blew up was know as muslims ones all ppl there are muslims which make me think al qaeda didn't do that

Rusu_luvs_LP_4ever said:
well if Al Quaeda didn't do it who did? o__O

Like I said earlier... they think the bomber was actually on the bus that exploded... so either he was someone from one of these terroist groups, or he was just a lone maniac lol. Maybe we'll never know.

I heard that they weer saying that the people who carried out the attack were followers of Al Qaeda but not actually in contact with him. So the attacks were carried out in his name but he didnt know anything about it. idk if its true or not.

Klaudia said:
F**** terrorists!
I'm going to visit London in August! I'm so terrified!
I don't know what to do. I hope that London will be safier place next month. If I resigned of my trip, I must pay a half of price!

Wow, I haven't been in the forum for so long!

Dont worry about going to London, yeah it could happen again but if you look at the attacks of 9/11 and Madrid it wasnt repeated so its not likely. Last i heard Itally or Rome are the most at risk now.
I've been to London loads of time and i wouldnt be scared of going back. You have to carry on like normal because if you let the terrorists scare you away then thats like letting them win.

Im not trying to scare you Klaudia, but Hybrid Angel: Didnt they stroke twice at Madrid? One at a trainstation and one in an appartment?

Sadly, the world will never be rid of war, or hate. Everyone will allways dissargee, and war will start.... its sad 50+ people have died, but thats just the world we live in sadly.....

you just cant make everyone happy. By not going to London or supporting the Brittish, it shows a weakness that al qaeda wants to see. its like after 9/11 when everyone kinda became one and actully bonded for a common cause to stand up and fight. The world is a changing place people just cant grip that idea, i feel bad for the people who lost someone/knew someone or still has a loved one missing, i dont know them but the fear is very real.

Back