The President Barack Obama Thread

I stand by this A Perfect Circle song about Bush:
2664612.jpg

Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm of The War Drums

(I've only noticed just now you can hear Hitler speaking in the background in that song)

Obama ftw.

Ok I really hope you guys don't get your hopes up to high, First off I voted for Obama he seemed like the more logical choice. At the same time he is a POLITICIAN, A smart one at that but he is a politician none the less, He will stay thing to inspire you but at the same time take it with a grain of salt, For example the Bush Tax Cuts he is gonna let them expire in I think 2011 which means the millionaires will still get they're nice payoff while were in the finical ****. Second existential_james while I agree that Gitmo is a horrible place to call it a concentration camp or Bush a Hitler, I mean I really dont mean to upset you but look up what a concentration camp was in WW2, Millions dying a month or even a day, No one is really dying at Gitmo and being shoved into a gas chamber. Also Wikipedia has a list of all the Detainees Alot of them are killers and terrorists while others are in their because someone who knew them would say "He's a Terrorist" for land or for some other reason. Clinton was a great President but again he had his mistakes NAFTA for one which is kinda the reason were in this FUBAR situation, but all in all he was a excellent President and my parents always tell me how finically secure they were back in those days. Obama has opened up the gates for Stem Cells and stuff like that which I completely applaud because alot of people need them, for example Marines,Soldiers,Sailors and Airmen who get maimed in Iraq can use them to recover from spinal injuries or traumatic brain trauma.

I wont get into my big speech about politics but all I got to say is give the man a chance and hope for the best...but don't expect him to give you a big ol' reach around, He has alot of **** on his plate and it can take alot of his time to beable to even get us back to the norm.
Thank you.

Well there's a reason why it's going to take an entire year to close it down... they're not just going to release everyone on the street.

At least Obama's not going to hold people who haven't been charged with anything in that stupid prison for much sooner. There was no evidence at all to convinct David Hicks, an Australian terror suspect to even link him to a charge of treason.
Bush is Hitler in my eyes. He sent men straight to the slaughter in Iraq and Afganistan and his reaction to 9/11 was completely wrong. And plus, the guy is stupid as hell.
He was asked what his favourite childhood book was and he said the Hungry Catapillar. Hello! That book didn't come out until he was in college! He thought that Arnold Swarznegger (sp?) was Australian and when he was coming to Australia, he declared in his official press release that was going to Austria. He called the APEC summit last year, EPEC.
He corrupted the votes by going to the Supreme Court to immediately halt the voting because he knew he was going to lose the election. The only reason he got in was because his brother was a governer, and his father was an ex president, along with several cousins as governers.
Obama is at least an honest man who has earnt the privilage to be an American president without corrupting the system and without cheating it. He was a lawyer before he came to a politician status and he worked his way through white supremacy. He is young and fresh, and he has talent, in which all the above qualities Bush lacked.

Well there's a reason why it's going to take an entire year to close it down... they're not just going to release everyone on the street.

Oh I know, I'm just saying alot of those guys arent the nicest people. Some of them like the real assholes they should just be dragged out back and given a 5.56 right to the back of the head. I really hope we never have another incident like Gitmo though, We're America and were kinda too good for that. At the same time I think this country should follow one simple motto "No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy" To our Allies and under privileged countries we should give them our full and unwavering support but Terrorist groups and anybody who wants to mess with us I say let their ass have it, I'm talking stand them up and lay them down type ****. Well anyway lets just hope we end all the Terrorist bullshit and have the people turn on them and come home and start doing what we do best and thats helping people. Thanks for listening lol.

At least Obama's not going to hold people who haven't been charged with anything in that stupid prison for much sooner. There was no evidence at all to convinct David Hicks, an Australian terror suspect to even link him to a charge of treason.
Bush is Hitler in my eyes. He sent men straight to the slaughter in Iraq and Afganistan and his reaction to 9/11 was completely wrong. And plus, the guy is stupid as hell.
He was asked what his favourite childhood book was and he said the Hungry Catapillar. Hello! That book didn't come out until he was in college! He thought that Arnold Swarznegger (sp?) was Australian and when he was coming to Australia, he declared in his official press release that was going to Austria. He called the APEC summit last year, EPEC.
He corrupted the votes by going to the Supreme Court to immediately halt the voting because he knew he was going to lose the election. The only reason he got in was because his brother was a governer, and his father was an ex president, along with several cousins as governers.
Obama is at least an honest man who has earnt the privilage to be an American president without corrupting the system and without cheating it. He was a lawyer before he came to a politician status and he worked his way through white supremacy. He is young and fresh, and he has talent, in which all the above qualities Bush lacked.

I agree with everything but the Afganistan remark, he should have sent the wrath of god to that country and not just *****-footed around their so we could have ended the war in 02, I'm saying Bush is a horrible president but just because he isnt the smartest man in the world (Which means he should have never been elected BTW) you can't say that he is up their with Hitler or else your giving the man waaayyy to much credit.

I'm comparing him to Hitler not in the sense that he bought a small country to power like Hitler did, politically, but what Hitler did to his own people, is somewhat what Bush has done to his own people. He's sent them out for the slaughter basically. But the only reason why he supported Israel in the conflict between Israel and Palestine, is because of the rich community Jews that live in the US and how much they put into Bush's pocket. Bush wouldn't do that to the Jewish community of the US because unlike 1939 Nazi Germany (when Hitler was declared war on...actually to be correct Hitler rose to power in 1932) the Jews have a lot of power, politically, socially and economically, over the US, thus, the backing of Israel. Bush corrupted the system just like Hitler did. What the American troops and the orders carried out under the Bush government, should be under Crimes Against Humanity - bombing funeral processions - taking innocent Afgani and Iraqi lives, etc etc and Bush shouldn't get away with what he ordered. He directly defied UN orders (something Hitler and Bush have in common as well, both defied UN orders) NOT TO go to war with Iraq and Afganistan. I mean, not only that, more American soldiers are killed on a daily basis than any other nationality over there - mother's are losing sons and daughters like the flick of a switch. That's one of the main reasons why Obama was elected because he promised to get a far majority of troops out of war zones by next year.

I'm comparing him to Hitler not in the sense that he bought a small country to power like Hitler did, politically, but what Hitler did to his own people, is somewhat what Bush has done to his own people. He's sent them out for the slaughter basically. But the only reason why he supported Israel in the conflict between Israel and Palestine, is because of the rich community Jews that live in the US and how much they put into Bush's pocket. Bush wouldn't do that to the Jewish community of the US because unlike 1939 Nazi Germany (when Hitler was declared war on...actually to be correct Hitler rose to power in 1932) the Jews have a lot of power, politically, socially and economically, over the US, thus, the backing of Israel. Bush corrupted the system just like Hitler did. What the American troops and the orders carried out under the Bush government, should be under Crimes Against Humanity - bombing funeral processions - taking innocent Afgani and Iraqi lives, etc etc and Bush shouldn't get away with what he ordered. He directly defied UN orders (something Hitler and Bush have in common as well, both defied UN orders) NOT TO go to war with Iraq and Afganistan. I mean, not only that, more American soldiers are killed on a daily basis than any other nationality over there - mother's are losing sons and daughters like the flick of a switch. That's one of the main reasons why Obama was elected because he promised to get a far majority of troops out of war zones by next year.
I think the whole Israel/US thing goes farther back to the beginning of the Cold War where they had our backs and the Russians had the Egyptians and other Oil Rich Arab countries. Also their was no UN back in 1930........The UN was made after the wake of WW2 in 1945 in June to make sure a 3rd World War would never occur, Also the UN never told us not to go to Afghanistan if they did then honestly screw them, Were not going to be slapped then asked to be passive. Now your trying to say that US Military should be tried for Crimes Against Humanity...Are you ****ing serious woody? Some squads have done war crimes and right now their in Leavenworth doing life. I looked up "Iraq funeral processions" no US Military nope, Heres what I found:

"A bomb hidden in a parked car struck the funeral procession of a Sunni tribal leader who was gunned down earlier Thursday, killing at least 26 mourners as al-Qaeda appeared to turn up its campaign of frightening its growing opposition into submission".
Also do you expect that when Insurgents ambush US or any nations Soldiers for that matter in a market place that they're not going to be accidental deaths from stray bullets, and your going to bash the military for even daring defend themselves? That's bullshit, If thats right then you should have to lock up a third of the whole population of Iraq, What about the 4 American who got burned alive then mutilated and hung on the bridge in Fallujah, The beheading of innocent civilians, Or bombing Iraqi Police and Army buildings.
Obama was elected because he was going to pull out of Iraq and heal our economy, He said he was going to focus all his energy on Afghanistan and the Pakistan mountain area. I will agree with you if you bash Bush anytime, but if your gonna start bashing people who face death every day and then while your in a nice safe neighborhood begin to question them and call the war criminals...nothing personal woody you know I like you but don't even go there.

Actually, there was a version of the UN back then. It was called the League of Nations and I think it was in place after the First World War. Ok, so I might've exaggerated a bit on the Crimes against Humanity part, but it's still inhumane. The only reason why this whole **** happened was because of a oil dispute between George Bush Snr and some old Iraqi guy - that's why the twin towers were bombed in the first place - because Bush Snr backed out of a deal and pissed some people off.

I know the US military have bombed funeral processions and I know that for a fact. There was recording from the pilot who did it and it was even shown here on my news. The US military got in so much **** for that incident.

(I read too much of Michael Moore's books).

that graph of james reminds me of australias own fortunes, with tings increasing when labors in government and things going down when liberals in government

thats a lol from me

anyways, i think what obama has ahead isnt something to be envied, but hes someone i believe can do the job, the closure of guantanamo bay isnt a bad start, though many of them would have been caught fighting, it was always a matter of how far the soldiers went, thats why we had innocent people among the guilty

@woody, alot of it sounds like conspiracy to me...to have the the towers bombed because of a botched deal? im not so sure about that...

i dont trust michael moore, actually, anyone who has any form of motive and hatred like his, i dont trust, basically anything you view from him will be prejudiced, regardless of "facts", its but one side of the coin to me

to james' graph.. do you honestly think that the presidents who reigned during the time of great economy could have set that up within the time period pf 4 or 8 years? negative. the presidents BEFORE them set the stage for outstanding economic growth.

i didnt really read what everyone said because lol frankly im just that lazy ok

gitmo was bad, only because it's not in America (sure u say if it was in usa would welcome more terrorist threats blah blah blah) but since its in a place like cuba away from the american public eye its basically an open shot for the detainee's to be mistreated. Sure there are some douches in there who should pay for what they have done, but then there are others who may not exactly be guilty of anything and are still being tortured. So many codes have been broken, and its just proved to not work its more of a hassel now. So im glad its closed. It has good aspects but the problems that come with it just out weigh the pros/

now for bush. he's not a bad guy imo. I mean maybe he did go into iraq for oil, idk! but from what i have seen I just think he's an idiot. Not like hitler, but just stupid. He made stupid choices and he's hard headed so that made his situation worse. I don't think anyone goes into the one of the most powerful jobs in the world and says lets just **** **** up, it just so happened he got stuck with some bad events and he responded in a crap manner. not a bad guy, just an idiot.

obama. i like obama i think he can do good. but i think at the same time ppl are gunna scrutinize his every move. they are gunna complain and gripe every time he does something. I don't agree with everything he does...im not a fan of his abortion stance, but I mean this country isnt about me. its about the better of a nation. if i gotta spend a few extra bucks come tax time then fine, ill moan and gripe about it but when you lay it out on a blank page why would anyone say no to helping out other people? That's called greed. Sure there are people who are gunna misuse this whole "spread the wealth" thing. But if 5/10 people really need the money we are gunna punish them because the other 5 misuse it? No. Thats why u have freakin inspectors to fallow up and make sure ppl arent misusing their money and to make sure the ppl who need it get it.

either way i think Obama could do bad and he could do good. what we need to do is stop sitting at the edge of our seats jumping up after everything he signs saying look he ****ed up or omg that man is great! we gotta wait and just see how the country is doing overall and then judge him and i think that's gunna take another 4 yearts to find out

Some people like me had no choice but to move out from my folks to go to uni and I was on social welfare because no one would accept me because of my time limits. So it's more than being a dol-bludger in reality. It's called learning how to budget really, and for some young adults it's takes a while to learn how to do that. I couldn't afford the uni fees up front and that's why we have a scheme to help pay for university.

I understand, but since you live in Australia things are a little different.
I know that Obama's election means alot for the world...but don't just assume your country's policies and laws are like America's - cause they aren't.

Did I assume your laws were like ours in that statement? I was making a point.

And my point, is that you can't make a point about American welfare if you live in Australia and are drawing from your experiences in the Australian system - not the American one that you have never lived under.
I understand that you meant well, but the point stands.

Back