The Rebel Flag!

NASCAR JUNKIE

I get pissed the **** off! Every time i hear somebody saying the confederate flag is a hate flag. Because for one why would a prime time show like the dukes have it on their program? Second of all why would the state of Georgia have the rebel flag on the right corner of their state flag? Third it's just as much of an American flag as the stars and stripes. So for all you liberals out there that have nothing better to do. But complain about something that you know nothing about. Shut the hell up!!!! And for those people like me. Don't be shy and Let it :)

Why should you get mad? You're from California. The flag has nothing to do with your heritage and everything to do with mine. Ol' Dixie is immortalized on the back of my truck.

Call me racist, call me a redneck, call me anything you want to call me, but remember one thing... blacks sold blacks into slavery and less than 1% of the population of the South had slaves at the time of the American Civil War.

AND as the yankees so conveniently want to forget they were right in the middle of the slave trade, it was Boston ships and Captains who went over to Africa to get them, it was the same Captains who threw the slaves overboard still shackled together. Why didn't Yankees have slaves then?? They didn't have the crops needed to requires that kind of labour.
Ever wonder how so many black people got the name of Washington and Jefferson?? Both presidents had slaves and fathered illegitmate children with their black mistresses.

As so many people would like to forget, Lincoln said if he could bring the South back without freeing a single slave he would do that. He used the slave issue to reunify the country. He didn't really care anymore about slaves rights then anyone else.

Its all a matter of history, do some extensive reading...

I have a very large rebel flag and I'm proud of it.

To me it's nothing to do with hate, racism, slavery etc, it just brings good memories of my time down South spent with the good old boys I went to school with at the time - shooting, driving pickups, watching the dukes of hazzard - all good, clean family fun. I loved living in the south for a couple of years - Georgia, South Carolina, New Orleans - all great places. I wasn't _that_ overwhelmed by Florida though...

Liberals sound like they're a scourge everywhere, but remember Down Under we do things backwards. Here, the Liberals are the conservative (ie consider them Aussie republicans), and the "liberals" are called Labor!! One for your next Aussie trivia night...

why do people hate the rebel flag. sure it caused the country to go into civil war but that was back then. nowaday's it just stands for the south. that's it. now stop yelling at us ya stupid ****ing yanks!!!!!

captainfrenchfry said:
why do people hate the rebel flag. sure it caused the country to go into civil war but that was back then. nowaday's it just stands for the south. that's it. now stop yelling at us ya stupid ****ing yanks!!!!!
You tell them!

I think it's a cool flag. Are the dukes still on the tv there?

Not to be forgetting that there is still a clear delineation between north and south, black and white, as those recent hurricanes highlighted. :cool:

i live in connecticut and i know many people with pick up trucks with a confederate flag somewhere on it. some people have them on the tailgate. but i live in bristol connecticut, kind of what the wealthy would refer to as a hick town.

tonon said:
i live in connecticut and i know many people with pick up trucks with a confederate flag somewhere on it. some people have them on the tailgate. but i live in bristol connecticut, kind of what the wealthy would refer to as a hick town.
Bristol is far from a hick town. East Hampton, Colchester, Moodus, East Haddam, Salem,...Those are considered hick towns. Bristol is a decent sized town. Jesus, you guys have a ****in' amusement park.

RoyalOrleans said:
Why should you get mad? You're from California. The flag has nothing to do with your heritage and everything to do with mine. Ol' Dixie is immortalized on the back of my truck.

Call me racist, call me a redneck, call me anything you want to call me, but remember one thing... blacks sold blacks into slavery and less than 1% of the population of the South had slaves at the time of the American Civil War.
I live in Killer Cali. But I'm from Silver Hill, West Virginia. Population 95. My folks moved to sunny San Jose when i was 14 years old. But i never forgotten who i am or where i came from.

You know what offends me???
The people of Political correctness trying to erase my heritage in order not to offend another group.
Christmas
The rebel flag etc.
I will not shed everything that offends another group.

Lethalfind said:
The people of Political correctness trying to erase my heritage in order not to offend another group.
Christmas
The rebel flag etc.
It's pretty funny, but I see the PC crowd excluding certain people to be "inclusive" and I see them offending others in order to "not offend".

[SIZE=7]Rebel flags rule![/SIZE]

My family moved from WV to NJ between my Jr. and Sr. year of high school and I proudly displayed a rebel flag on my car in Princeton and around the state...

Rebel flags don't repersent hate towards negroes... it represents love for the south and disrespect to the Union who illegally went to war on the south.

PC sucks!!! Be it rebel flag, display of Christmas, in God we trust or pledge of allegence... If anyone is offended by the above then just ack like you do when you pay your tax pissed off and cant do a damned thing about it. If you force the majority into a corner over their displays they will **** you up!

Crazy2thebone said:
I live in Killer Cali. But I'm from Silver Hill, West Virginia. Population 95. My folks moved to sunny San Jose when i was 14 years old. But i never forgotten who i am or where i came from.

Do you want a cookie or something?

I think most people associate the confederate flag with racism because a lot of racists use it for that purpose. Even though that's not what it stands for. ****, I'm from Louisiana..I should know.. :(

What surprises me is that anyone gives a **** either way. If you let a little colorful flag piss you off then your a mental deficiant. If you show pride in an outdated symbol that has nothing at all to do with you or anything you've ever done, then your a godamn moron.

RoyalOrleans said:

For your info bro! You're right about me not being from the south. But my folks are both from Macon, Georgia. So it is part of my heritage. The only place i keep my flag is on the wall in my garage. I have a ball cap that has it on the front. That i put on sometimes. I thought about putting a rebel flag sticker on the back of my Chevy pick up. But there's to many liberals and gang bangers out in the SF bay area. Don't want to get my trucks tires poped or any thing like that. I don't know why you don't admit the faked that you're a redneck. I know you said you're a hillbilly before. But they're basically the same thing.

Lethalfind said:
Christmas
The rebel flag etc.
True that! Don't forget our pledge of allegiance. They're trying to take that out of our childrens schools.

Back