Weekly Church Service

Tracker

Growing up as a Catholic, my parents were adament that we all go to Church every Sunday. I did it for the longest time, but as I got older (not that old) I felt that it was not for me. My sister - who is 4 years older - keeps giving me the guilt trip. Telling me I should be going to church, preaching the bible - etc., etc. I am so tired of her preaching that I don't see her as much as I used to. Tell me out there can't you be a good Catholic without going to the "Church'. To me it's just a building. Yes you get to meet your neighbors - but for goodness sake they say the same old thing EVERY SINGLE WEEK! If the Catholic Chruch were to at least recognize todays world and give sermons that would help us live better lives - then I would be interested. Instead they keep talking about a million years ago. How on earth can I relate to that? Problem is anyone can be a priest. If the Catholic Church is to survive - in my opinion - they need to allow priests to marry. The sermons need to reflect REAL life! How many people go to Church because of fear of God? It really pisses me off that they don't realize that if only they would make their sermons reflect REAL LIFE then they would attract more people. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - this really hits my heart - I don't even know what the hell else to say. ****!
:mad:

Tracker said:
Growing up as a Catholic, my parents were adament that we all go to Church every Sunday. I did it for the longest time, but as I got older (not that old) I felt that it was not for me. My sister - who is 4 years older - keeps giving me the guilt trip. Telling me I should be going to church, preaching the bible - etc., etc. I am so tired of her preaching that I don't see her as much as I used to. Tell me out there can't you be a good Catholic without going to the "Church'. To me it's just a building. Yes you get to meet your neighbors - but for goodness sake they say the same old thing EVERY SINGLE WEEK! If the Catholic Chruch were to at least recognize todays world and give sermons that would help us live better lives - then I would be interested. Instead they keep talking about a million years ago. How on earth can I relate to that? Problem is anyone can be a priest. If the Catholic Church is to survive - in my opinion - they need to allow priests to marry. The sermons need to reflect REAL life! How many people go to Church because of fear of God? It really pisses me off that they don't realize that if only they would make their sermons reflect REAL LIFE then they would attract more people. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - this really hits my heart - I don't even know what the hell else to say. ****!
:mad:
Just simply go to another Church.
I do admit... every time a Christian comes up to me and preaches their religion stuff, it does agitate me greatly... as a matter of fact, the last time it happened I debated our religions with the girl. (whom is a friend)
Her "oh so genius" closing remark was "may God save you."

I apologize for if this sounds racist, but she claimed that the truth will always prevail. Now, if I proved her wrong, how can it be true? She seems to be more of a fool than a believer, I've seen her parents, they are sticklers about religion - I'm not even allowed in their house.

Hah, I digress. Just change Churches or faiths alltogether. As for your sister... you need to start questioning her about religion, if she doesn't know something, give her the guilt trip. Oooo~ that's so mean but fun.

As far as I'm concerned, you should just tell them to take their bible thumping bullshit and shove it up their asses. Your post is proof once and for all that religion-wacky nutjobs are ridiculously out of touch with reality

Yeah, church is pretty stupid. Where in the Bible does it mention going to church on Sunday morning? "Keeping the Sabbath Holy" can mean going out to the woods to smoke reefer and communicate with the trees for all I care :p Hey God created them, didn't he?

Didn't he also create reefer? So why not spend all sunday hitting the hookah? What could be more holy than putting the good lord's creations to good use?

Weed IS sacred to me !! A very spiritual herb. If Indians can have peyote, then why not use weed to worship Allah ?? I have YET to see in the Torah, or Bible, or Qur'an where Allah would not approve.

MR. DR. said:
Yeah, church is pretty stupid. Where in the Bible does it mention going to church on Sunday morning? "Keeping the Sabbath Holy" can mean going out to the woods to smoke reefer and communicate with the trees for all I care :p Hey God created them, didn't he?

Agree 100%

And if ya really wanna get technical, read the book of genesis 1:29
"and look! , I have given you the seed bearing plants thuout the earth, and all the fruit trees for your food"

so maybe this sunday I'll go out to the woods smoke a few and commune with gods great creations.

services will begin at 4:20, down by the river

I think the trouble with most religeons and the folks that subscribe to them is this. Nobody seems to remember the primary focus of any given religeon. Were they all not accepted as ways to unite people? To give them hope during times of strife? Perhapse to help keep everyone on the same page as far as moral obligation and things of that nature are concerned? I doubt very much that any beliefe system was ever intended to drive people away from each other. Back in the day when these ideas were conceived there was pretty limited world travel, not like today when a person can be in Pakistan one day and in Jersey the next. Religeous beliefs are much like dialects of the same language, they carry the same message, just in a different looking basket, they are born of a specific region so they naturally are going to focus on the ideals that are/were currently "hot items" for those specific folks. Now that everyone is engaged in this world wide melting pot there will be some friction. One day maybe there will be ....................AHHHHHHH **** it, shut the **** up! Tucking Refards! :eek:

We are bound by enough rules as it is. The last thing I need is some book made up by some jerk way back when telling me what I need to do or I will burn in eternal hell and stuff like that. I can be "moral" and happy without some deity or holy scripture. And I would appreciate it if people quit trying to instill their beliefs upon me and when I refuse, I am "going to hell". NEWS FLASH!!! I am already there.

How about we all just start over? We can rewrite the whole mess just as easy as it was written in the first place. Now that there is a huge availability of communication at all of our fingertips, we can finally solve this whole religeous controversy thing. At last we are given an opportunity to right all the wrongs of the past and end any further conflict between "should be" like minded peoples. :eek: First and so far the only rule, "Don't **** with other people unless you want to get ****ed with yourself, Second and so far only second rule," Shut the **** up and pay attention to the first rule". If anyone feels a need to add more rules then you are of the same seed as the ****ers who ****ed it up the first time.

OmegaManiac said:
I think the trouble with most religeons and the folks that subscribe to them is this. Nobody seems to remember the primary focus of any given religeon. Were they all not accepted as ways to unite people? To give them hope during times of strife? Perhapse to help keep everyone on the same page as far as moral obligation and things of that nature are concerned? I doubt very much that any beliefe system was ever intended to drive people away from each other.

Your words makes sense! God (whatever your belief) should only want us - all of us - to love, care, respect each other and have a good life. He created us, there should be no strings attached. The same way that unconditional love is. Any condition on love is NOT love. Love is accepting, forgiving, understanding, compromise. If any God does not have these basic rules - how can he or anyone call him GOD?

Church can be a great meeting place. Meet your neighbors, make new friends and feel a connection. Problem is the Catholic Church I USED to go to turns it into a 'lecture' of a million years ago! Sorry, but I live here TODAY - talk about what affects people today!
:p

Master_Jaffer said:
Hah, I digress. Just change Churches or faiths alltogether. As for your sister... you need to start questioning her about religion, if she doesn't know something, give her the guilt trip. Oooo~ that's so mean but fun.

She has been reading the bible! What do you suggest that I tell her to stop preaching to me? I was brought up a Catholic and will remain a Catholic - it's too scary to even think about changing. But since I don't agree with all their preachings - does that make me a bad Cathoic? Does it mean I can't or shouldn't call myself a Catholic. I wonder if it's the same for other religions - if you don't agree with it all - does it mean you forfeit your religion? :confused:

Honestly i read about 2 sentences and gave up on this thread...

But from the gist im getting here is the deal

Most faiths, Christian and muslim alike, both think they are the only way to "heaven"...
They both revel in the evils you do, and do what they can to convert you...

now i dont know about the quoran (sp and im not looking it up) but christians just feel its their duty to tell you how to live and how to act and how to worship...

yet the christian treacher (yes jesus) did teach...but only those willing to listen...not forcing those to hear it....

Christianity is a big eyesore in my opinion because they forget their own teachers ideas and take it on themselves to be the messenger to those that could give a rats ass...

I have no use for church and i think everyone knows why :D...(back to my jesus juice)

Tracker said:
She has been reading the bible! What do you suggest that I tell her to stop preaching to me? I was brought up a Catholic and will remain a Catholic - it's too scary to even think about changing. But since I don't agree with all their preachings - does that make me a bad Cathoic? Does it mean I can't or shouldn't call myself a Catholic. I wonder if it's the same for other religions - if you don't agree with it all - does it mean you forfeit your religion? :confused:

Sorry i'm abit confused.this is your 4 year old sister reading the bible right?

Tracker, I would say that it depends on what beliefs you don't agree with. You can never agree with everything, but there are certain foundations of the church that if you DON'T agree, you really cannot call yourself a follower of the faith.
And leaving Catholicism isn't as scary as you think. It is actually quite a relief once you do it.
See? They try to control you with SCARE TACTICS! That is one of the things that I hate most about Christianity.

phreakwars said:
Weed IS sacred to me !! A very spiritual herb. If Indians can have peyote, then why not use weed to worship Allah ?? I have YET to see in the Torah, or Bible, or Qur'an where Allah would not approve.

Oy My God. Read your Bible. The Eleventh Commandment. Thalt shalt not partake of the Mexican skunkweed, for it is ****. Thalt shall make smoke offerings to thy God with only quality wackie tobacky. To do less, would not only consititute a sin, but probably give you a nasty headache. :rolleyes:

Back