Why racial profiling HAS to be used.

Well what do you expect, it's not grown overnight... BTW, if you count all the beheadings on ogrish.com you will see that the Arabs/Muslims win by a landslide... More blood has been shead by Muslims from these terrorists, and I think it's time they wake up and realize who the real ****ers are and instead of detonating yourself...

Look, There are about half a billion muslims in the world. Out of all of them, maybe a thousand if that are suicide bombers. That's not exactly an overwhelming majority.

daisypapaya said:
Look, There are about half a billion muslims in the world. Out of all of them, maybe a thousand if that are suicide bombers. That's not exactly an overwhelming majority.

of the muslim population, no... it is a small minority of MUSLIMS that are doing these things...

BUT .....

of all the terrorists in the world, a HUGE MAJORITY of those are muslim!

Don't try to put lipstick on a pig... it's still a ****ing pig!

daisypapaya said:

don't you mean would be suicide bombers??
or are you counting the dead ones...

daisypapaya said:
No there are a full BILLION muslims, all of which support terrorism to a degree.

I don't consider MUSLIMS being a race, but a religion. Muslims can be Arab, Asian, Caucasian, African. In our region we have Indonesia - the world's largest muslim country - and they're asians.

The perception in the US appears to be that they're all arabs, but that's not the case.

That said, it does appear that the majority of terrorist plotting/funding/training seems to centre around the Middle East, and it appears to be arabs most of the time perpetrating attacks around the world.

Given this is the case, it makes for a more efficient use of police resources to pay extra attention when people of ME appearance frequent public transport etc.

(I just feel sorry for people like my mate who is an Indian seikh. As he explains it to me, Seikhs came about because muslims were attacking Hindus, and the Seikhs were created as a group of people who would fight back. Ironically, because they grow beards, long hair and wear turbans, seikhs are often mistaken by westerners for muslims, even though they are the sworn enemy of muslims. Here is where racial profiling gets it wrong.)

The fact is, people fail to realise what Muslims are victim of yet all you see are their bad aspects from TV.

30-40 Years ago, Jews were segregated so-high even in Canada. And now look at what they do to Arabs. The same **** that happend to them. The Palestinian people are paying the price for the mistakes of Europe and the West for segregating the Jews and having to place them in Palestine.

It's quite annoying seeing people talk about Muslims when they don't know two shits about the religion. The exaggerations and the distortions that had smeared the pages of history needed to be corrected, and Islam and the Middle East had to be presented in the right light.

Islam is a universal religion and there is nothing aggressively oriental or anti-Western about it. Indeed, when Muslims first encountered the colonial West during the 18th century, many were impressed by its modern civilization and tried to emulate it

If the evil carnage we witnessed on Sept. 11 were typical of the faith, and Islam truly inspired and justified such violence, its growth and the increasing presence of Muslims in both Europe and the U.S. would be a terrifying prospect. Fortunately, this is not the case.

When the Prophet Muhammad brought the inspired scripture known as the Koran to the Arabs in the early 7th century A.D., a major part of his mission was devoted precisely to bringing an end to the kind of mass slaughter we witnessed in New York City and Washington. Pre-Islamic Arabia was caught up in a vicious cycle of warfare, in which tribe-fought tribe in a pattern of vendetta and counter vendetta. Muhammad himself survived several assassination attempts, and the early Muslim community narrowly escaped extermination by the powerful city of Mecca.

Extremists such as Osama bin Laden like to quote such verses but do so selectively. They do not include the exhortations to peace, which in almost every case follow these more ferocious passages: "Thus, if they let you be, and do not make war on you, and offer you peace, God does not allow you to harm them' (4: 90). In the Koran, therefore, the only permissible war is one of self-defense.

Muslims may not begin hostilities (2:190). Warfare is always evil, but sometimes you have to fight in order to avoid the kind of persecution that Mecca inflicted on the Muslims (2:191; 2: 217) or to preserve decent values (4: 75; 22: 40). like the Gospels, the Koran suggests that it is meritorious to forgo revenge in a spirit of charity (5: 45). Hostilities must be brought to an end as quickly as possible and must cease the minute the enemy sues for peace (2: 192-3).

Islam is not addicted to war, and jihad is not one of its 'pillars," or essential practices. The primary meaning of the word jihad is not "holy war' but "struggle." It refers to the difficult effort that is needed to put God's will into practice at every level personal and social as well as political. A very important and much quoted tradition has Muhammad telling his companions as they go home after a battle, "We are returning from the lesser jihad [the battle] to the greater jihad,' the far more urgent and momentous task of extirpating wrongdoing from one's own society and one's own heart.

Islam did not impose itself by the sword. In a statement in which the Arabic is extremely emphatic, the Koran insists, "There must be no coercion in matters of faith!" (2: 256). Constantly Muslims are enjoined to respect Jews and Christians, the "People of the Book" who worship the same God (29:46). In words quoted by Muhammad in one of his last public sermons, God tells all human beings, "O people! We have formed you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another" (49:13)-not to conquer, convert, subjugate, revile or slaughter but to reach out toward others with intelligence and understanding.

So why the suicide bombing, the hijacking and the massacre of innocent civilians? Far from being endorsed by the Koran, this killing violates some of its most sacred precepts. But during the 20th century, the militant form of piety often known as fundamentalism erupted in every major religion as a rebellion against modernity. Every fundamentalist movement I have studied in Judaism, Christianity and Islam is convinced that liberal, secular society is determined to wipe out religion. Fighting, as they imagine, a battle for survival, fundamentalists often feel justified in ignoring the more compassionate principles of their faith. But in amplifying the more aggressive passages that exist in all our scriptures, they distort the tradition.
It would be as grave a mistake to see Osama bin Laden as an authentic representative of Islam as to consider James Kopp, the alleged killer of an abortion provider in Buffalo, N.Y., a typical Christian or Baruch Goldstein, who shot 29 worshipers in the Hebron mosque in 1994 and died in the attack, a true martyr of Israel. The vast majority of Muslims, who are horrified by the atrocity of Sept. 11, must reclaim their faith from those who have so violently hijacked it.

Islam is the reason why people are living in terror these days, regardless of how many people are good or bad.

Hameater

I think you grossly underestimate the support that islamic terrorists get amongst the muslim world community. We can only speculate on this, but for example in a country like Indonesia surveys were undertaken about a year ago asking their opinions on the Bali bombings, Sept 11 etc, and found the MAJORITY supported the terrorists and their actions.

This was a shock because we had been told that the majority of muslims didn't support the acts and that it was just a relatively small number of terrorists from the islamic community causing the trouble. You'll find as you travel the ME widespread support for the terrorists. I've watched a number of docos where people on the street have been asked for their honest opinions, and they support the terrorists - they are islamic heros.

As for the idea that islam isn't spread by the sword, there are many examples in the Koran where mohammed used force (often lethal) to convert people. Step 1 - offer them the free choice, Step 2- use violence (the sword). Would you like me to repost the stories from the koran where mohammed ordered people killed because they dared to speak against islam and not convert?

Well, the point is... I'm a Muslim, I'm not a terrorist, nor do I support terrorism. Infact I hate it more than anything in the world... And the fact is, I am a good Muslim and it pisses people off that I don't support terrorism yet I am a Muslim. Hey, isn't that a good thing... I don't hold **** against people for their religion yet it happens to me because I declare a state of faith. Does this now proove to you who is really the one being persecuted? I don't expect anything from anyone at all yet it's only courteous... Fact is, people scold me more than they do a terrorist... And I am not just talking about myself I am talking about many other Muslims.

cybacaT said:
As for the idea that islam isn't spread by the sword, there are many examples in the Koran where mohammed used force (often lethal) to convert people. Step 1 - offer them the free choice, Step 2- use violence (the sword). Would you like me to repost the stories from the koran where mohammed ordered people killed because they dared to speak against islam and not convert?

Do you really expect me to believe them? And what will it change? Obviously, it's most likley to be biased and again and again, why would someone like Karen Armstrong want to correct the image of Islam and the Prophet in the West... Becuase she knows and she is educated on it. She has been researching for years and it's all into one book. You should really read it. I don't mean to sound like a poon, but it's a damn good book.

It pisses me off, when people like me, have to take loads of **** because of terrorists and all that BS, when we are just like everyone else... Thats what pisses me off..

HAZMA, your clouding the issue by trying to work to much into it. You mentioned a few christian individuals that commited murder in the name of their religion. What seperates this from the growing hatred of muslims is easy to spot. Many many muslim clerics and muslim religious/political heads actively support the terrorist element. Why is this so hard for so many to see? Ya, christians do crazy **** and do it in the name of their god. So do many members of many various religions around the world. But what makes Islam stand out is the un-parralelled support, both financialy and verbaly, it gets from muslim leaders. If your a muslim, then your part of the problem because you affiliate yourself with such murderous leaders. Denounce your religion for the murderous course its on, seperating yourself from the #1 threat to world peace. As a world community we would be so close to actualy achieving world peace if Islam and its deranged followers did not exist.

Lethalfind said:
http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/2004102822.asp

I'm sick of hearing Muslims cry about how unfair it is for them to be racially profiled. Check this link out, it lists Muslim terrorist activities dating back to 1968.

I'm sick of hearing anyone cry. That's why I dont watch the news anymore. Racial profiling is never going to cease because there are enough ignorant people out there to keep ****ing thinking that just because someone is a specific race that they have to go and think the worst about them. Its horeshit but it'll always be like this.

Jhony5 said:
HAZMA, your clouding the issue by trying to work to much into it. You mentioned a few christian individuals that commited murder in the name of their religion. What seperates this from the growing hatred of muslims is easy to spot. Many many muslim clerics and muslim religious/political heads actively support the terrorist element. Why is this so hard for so many to see? Ya, christians do crazy **** and do it in the name of their god. So do many members of many various religions around the world. But what makes Islam stand out is the un-parralelled support, both financialy and verbaly, it gets from muslim leaders. If your a muslim, then your part of the problem because you affiliate yourself with such murderous leaders. Denounce your religion for the murderous course its on, seperating yourself from the #1 threat to world peace. As a world community we would be so close to actualy achieving world peace if Islam and its deranged followers did not exist.

The only people I denounce are murderers, terrorists, extremists, and people who condone it... I said this before, thats all I need to do and know. And by denouncing these people, if I need to defend why I do so, verbally in a debate, I will.

Jhony5 said:

The only people I denounce are murderers, terrorists, extremists, and people who condone it... I said this before, thats all I need to do and know. And by denouncing these people, if I need to defend why I do so, verbally in a debate, I will.

I affiliate my self with god, and the Qur'an. Not Osama, not Kadafi, or any other murderer on this planet.

Lethalfind said:
http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/2004102822.asp

I'm sick of hearing Muslims cry about how unfair it is for them to be racially profiled. Check this link out, it lists Muslim terrorist activities dating back to 1968.
I agree! That we should start racial profiling. I think about 80% of crime can be prevented if the police would start doing that. But there's to many groups like the NAACP that fight against it.

Hamza123 said:

I affiliate my self with god, and the Qur'an. Not Osama, not Kadafi, or any other murderer on this planet.
I got it the first time!

Back