Zorros Racing taking on the Tecate Score Baja 500, 2014

El Mamito USMC

Zorros Racing Team..
baja-500-logo-with-background.png
ok guys as the tittle says... i want to do a race next year, at least the 250 in march or the 500 in june. Not sure if we have the $ and skills to do the 1000, but im also down for that.

im assuming if we get 4 riders and each put 1,500 maybe less and we can pull this off.
i can take care of 99% of the stuff like, hotel, we can get the pit support from http://www.bajapits.com/ they are very reliable and i can have my in-laws to make roving pits for us.. i got radios for portable communication and got most of the things we migth need covered.

you guys can take your quads with you and meet me at my house in Las Cruces, NM 88007 and from there i can fit 4 quads in my trailer , so everyone can take their quads and prerun toguether..

the most expensive thing migth be you guys from far away to drive and get time off from work...

but guys this is a once in a life time experince...

i can set up a paypal acct so we can all deposit some change from time to time to add to the pot.. even some members here can donate to the cause and we can all the team 450RHQ or use my teams name , i dont care...

again i can and now how to set up everything we neeed, i just need 4-5 guys motivated to do this..

we can use my quad or if we can find a quad more prep we could use that one...

if we do the San Felipe 250 in march it could be a great time for all you guys from far north since San Felipe is a beach town and while were "off' i can take you guys to the warm waters from the gulf..

here you can see my build so you can see that im very serious about it... http://www.offtopic.forum/showthread.php?108-my-Baja-build-Zorros-Racing

if your really interested post here and post all your questions here since your question migth be some one elses question and ill also pm you my cell and we can talk,

PS: very important, NO DRUGS NO WEAPONS of any kind... i dont judge if you smoke it or carry it for law abbding reasons but we can have those in Mexico...

UPDATED 8/16/2013
Team members:

1- EM USMC- Las Cruces, NM CONFIRMED
2- Vasilios- Honesdale, PA CONFIRMED
3- Mawest- Las Vegas, NV CONFIRMED
4- Stinky- DALLAS, TX CONFIRMED

NEW EMAIL FOR PAYPAL ACT:

zorrosracingBAJA5002014@GMAIL.COM

Last edited:
Dang! I sooooo want to go but I highly doubt I will have the free time or money for this, Im in my last year of school and its crunch time in march (although...spring break maybe IDK). Whomever goes is one lucky sob!

I wonder if we could also possibly throw together like a support team, might be just nice to hang out on vacation sorta thing if not doing the racing.. If we could get like a few guys to do that it would be cool as well.

Whomever goes I wish the best of luck! I also wish I lived WAY closer.

Dang! I sooooo want to go but I highly doubt I will have the free time or money for this, Im in my last year of school and its crunch time in march (although...spring break maybe IDK). Whomever goes is one lucky sob!

I wonder if we could also possibly throw together like a support team, might be just nice to hang out on vacation sorta thing if not doing the racing.. If we could get like a few guys to do that it would be cool as well.

Whomever goes I wish the best of luck! I also wish I lived WAY closer.
we could do the June one which is the 500... im sure we could pull that off. think about it and let go...

dude for you its a 2 day travel to my house so you can leave sat and get home monday. leave for Baja on tuesday. prerun wends and thurs. contingency friday and race sat..

c'mon guys we can pull these off

I think if we could get a carpool together with perhaps me, Ed, Nick and such it might work. Easy east coast trip deal that way, just follow the roads down lol. Just an idea tho.

Remember Mamito: Its a LONG trip there and a heck of alot of money. I make good money but 1500 coin is ALOT lol. We got awhile so if we can work something out im soooo in.

I say we try and plan this WAY ahead to make sure we are set before we truly commit.

I think if we could get a carpool together with perhaps me, Ed, Nick and such it might work. Easy east coast trip deal that way, just follow the roads down lol. Just an idea tho.

Remember Mamito: Its a LONG trip there and a heck of alot of money. I make good money but 1500 coin is ALOT lol. We got awhile so if we can work something out im soooo in.

I say we try and plan this WAY ahead to make sure we are set before we truly commit.

thats why im want to do it from now.. pretty much a year in advance.. and ill be nice if you guys carpool but we need to bring the quads so we can have some prerunners and do the course and not all of us beating on the race quad. and with that money is to pay for EVERYTHING you guys gas to come down here, food, lodging, racing and support.. if everyone puts 100 a month we could do this... and to be honest probably just 50 a month we could . since 4k should be more than suficient...

I think its doable then if thats the cost. I can sock away a few bucks here and there. Carpooling wouldnt be to bad, I have a 2 quad (maybe more if we stack) trailer that should easily make it. Will my truck make it, that IDK-she old an tired lol.

Just how grueling is the race? I mean I ride all out about at my local desert/woods/sandpit (huge btw) but were talking 30 mins at a clip maybe with casual riding inbetween. I have never actually officially raced. I do worry riding your quad, I would hate to wreck your race quad (as Im sure you and everyone else too). Thats why I suggested perhaps support staff or something. Your talking to a guy who rides hard but doesnt wear anything besides a helmet and workbootsprotection wise (just how we are round here) and honestly Im a C rider, maybe lowerend B.

We need to set it all up like you said, now. If possible Im in, I know I mentioned before I really wanted to do this if I could.

Im sure we can come up with something in the end.

I'm in but i'm with CJM on this. I'm the typical steel toe boot n helmet rider lmao. I learnet my lesson and will be getting protective gear at some point.

I also have another year at the university..... so it's probably going to be tricky schedule for me. But hey I'll be saving up that's for sure!

Not bad, just a 33 hour/2182 miles away from me :icon_eek:

Can we stop by Roswell while we're out there? Maybe install some breaking new technology like a few flux capacitors on the quads :alien:

I think it's doable..... Some of us are relatively close in north east region of U.S. and we can find a place to meet / car pool fairly easy.

Ed we'll have to smuggle them :)

Yea Id say its doable. If we can get a full breakdown of whats needed and costs and junk this could wind up being maybe 500-800 per guy overall.

2 things do come to mind however:
1. Obviously carpooling needs to be well thought out. Im lucky enough that ya pretty much gotta go this way for you, ed and dave to come (if you guys do come). But we need a large enough trailer/truck or 2 trucks.
2. Im still worried I would hurt mamitos race quad, in which case Id feel terrible. But thus is the risk we take I guess.

Sounds like a fun road trip... But how are the hospitals down there?... if it was me going to that race I'd probably end up there... Lol

I think its doable then if thats the cost. I can sock away a few bucks here and there. Carpooling wouldnt be to bad, I have a 2 quad (maybe more if we stack) trailer that should easily make it. Will my truck make it, that IDK-she old an tired lol.

Just how grueling is the race? I mean I ride all out about at my local desert/woods/sandpit (huge btw) but were talking 30 mins at a clip maybe with casual riding inbetween. I have never actually officially raced. I do worry riding your quad, I would hate to wreck your race quad (as Im sure you and everyone else too). Thats why I suggested perhaps support staff or something. Your talking to a guy who rides hard but doesnt wear anything besides a helmet and workbootsprotection wise (just how we are round here) and honestly Im a C rider, maybe lowerend B.

We need to set it all up like you said, now. If possible Im in, I know I mentioned before I really wanted to do this if I could.

Im sure we can come up with something in the end.
yeah youll need as much protection as you can.. to be honest i dont want to win but i do want to DO IT... we can run the Baja 500 and do 5 riders 100 miles each ..
I'm in but i'm with CJM on this. I'm the typical steel toe boot n helmet rider lmao. I learnet my lesson and will be getting protective gear at some point.

I also have another year at the university..... so it's probably going to be tricky schedule for me. But hey I'll be saving up that's for sure!
the race is at the end of may/june so youll be out...
Not bad, just a 33 hour/2182 miles away from me :icon_eek:

Can we stop by Roswell while we're out there? Maybe install some breaking new technology like a few flux capacitors on the quads :alien:
you guys can leave saturday from the north east and be home by sunday afternoon or monday if yuo guys want to ..
No drugs or weapons... I'm out.

^ Your a party pooper..
agree with the pooper..
Next thing you know he'll be telling us no hookers!
negative Sir.. ill take all you guys to Paris de noche a sickkkk stripclub...
just use the weapons and consume the drugs before we get there, Ed. jeeze
that can work but no trace on the car... we have to pass multiple Border Patrol check points...
Seriously tho, what do you guys think?
let do this....
I think it's doable..... Some of us are relatively close in north east region of U.S. and we can find a place to meet / car pool fairly easy.

Ed we'll have to smuggle them :)

let do the Baja 500... its out of school season and suficient miles for 5 of us to go and get some...
Yea Id say its doable. If we can get a full breakdown of whats needed and costs and junk this could wind up being maybe 500-800 per guy overall.

2 things do come to mind however:
1. Obviously carpooling needs to be well thought out. Im lucky enough that ya pretty much gotta go this way for you, ed and dave to come (if you guys do come). But we need a large enough trailer/truck or 2 trucks.
2. Im still worried I would hurt mamitos race quad, in which case Id feel terrible. But thus is the risk we take I guess.
if you guys make to to my house my trailer i can fit 4 quads easy... its a 16ft open trailer. so you guys need to find a spot where to drop ur cars and start your adventure..
if you guys hurt my quad we'll use any money from the pot to fix it. anyways Todd @Immortalatv got our back with parts, support and discounts(im actually rebuilding as we speak)

the more truck we get there, i can do the main pit and have 2 chasers ,.i got radios for the riders and a radio on my truck.. so we got comm covered..
I cant commit to anything right now... I'll put some thought to it but don't hold your breath.

dude lets do this...
Sounds like a fun road trip... But how are the hospitals down there?... if it was me going to that race I'd probably end up there... Lol
there great. plus if your really injured they'll fly you to San Diego...for this you need your passport... if you dont plan to get hurt, then a US citizen ship card its suficient. you dont need to have them, since im sure most of you pass as gringos 100% so US Customs wont even bother you. me on theother hand i got both passports... LOL

if were 5 people its about 800 each since this a basic brake down

500 baja pits support
500 hotel (1 )room for the entire week(tues-sun) if any thing ill get a secong one for my family.. your can bring your fam if you guys want....

500 dollar gas for prerunning(provably a lot less but its better more than less)

1400 entry fee including membership(estimate)

the extras are the food that we eat and drink at the hotel or in the street.(ill take you to the sickest fish tacos you guys will ever have )

i want to open a paypal acct and give access to all that are running so you guys can see the expenses and see the money.. ill ship you guys the card so you can used to pay for gas to come to my place...and to and from your houses.

that the most expensive thing we are going to have gas.... the prices are killers for long road trips like yours....

that why if we all(5) put 1000 each , ill cover everythings(hookers and lap dance not included, but beer and food is)

just look at the links i have posted and youll see this is the adventure of a life time.... later we can do the 1000 for 2015 since ill be a loop..

heres a link to the Score site http://score-international.com/

C'mon guys we need to do this but it needs to be plannned and start funding it now so we can have all the time in the world to do it... if your bikes need something we migth be able to pull it from the pot as long as the quad is a prerunner one. or the one youll be prerunning GARANTEED

any questions ask here...

I think (although your smart for starting it now) a bit early to really get this rolling. We need to figure out alot of stuff. If I lived closer Id deff be going, but you gotta remember for most of us this is alot of travel time, vacation time and coin man.

Lets see what happens on down the road, if I can work it out I will go-but I cant make any promises right now.

Back