Zorros Racing taking on the Tecate Score Baja 500, 2014

tkup93;2110241 said:
o_O Uhhh, I only know how to cuss people out in Spanish...which as it turns out is a necessary skill when you work in construction.
jajaja that will work...
90d592162dafa7b5ef9a5f6e54315f61.gif

mawest;2110257 said:
hahahah The only Spanish I know will get me in trouble. I am hoping that some one around will know enough English to help me out.
they do... remember they see us all the time...

ok talking to another member from RDC he stated that we migth need a lil more over 1K per rider. so i guessing no more than 1.3 or 1.5 per rider.

this a basic brake down:
this are the prices for the 2013 Baja 500. so ill be close to the 2014..

Score entry fee- $1620
http://score-international.com/2013-baja-500-entry-fee-and-class-level/

Baja Pits fee- 549+50 membership= $600
http://score-international.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/2013-500-app-FILLABLE-sport-1.0.pdf

IRC transponder- 100
Hotel- 800-900 since ill be atleast 7-9 days.. if we reserve with time ill be better.
gas- ????
food- ????

this what baja pits will do for us.. they set up in multiple places on the track and offer full service..

d93fc815f103f1481646218b1a6caadd.jpg

tkup93;2110441 said:
So is it 1600 for the whole team? Gas for me would be about 400ish, food would probably be half that.

So its safe to say its 2k to do it? Not bad, ill sell a few things if I need to.
uff sorry to brake this to you but its 1.3-1.5K PER RIDER , in the post that i put the map. theres a basic brakedown of the things we need to cover... that why im setting this with a entire year ahead so we can save 100 a month and not anger the wives..

tkup93;2110449 said:
Also, is there any way we could get some specs for the quad we will be racing? A full parts list would be awesome if you have one.

Also, I just realized that you are in New Mexico (not North Minnesota...its late ok). You said you are gonna run down the 5 to get there right?
yes im in NM. and ill be taking I-10 to Casa Grande,AZ and then the I-8 to Tecate and then cross the border and hit Ensenada..

as for the specs of the quad, in my first post i put a link to my build.

and new, like this week i have brand new CP piston, crank, berings, cylinder,CRF 450r clucth with CR500 springs.. and for the time of the race ill have brand new valves, and clucth basket..

as specs i have: Venom head, HRC cam, carb by Sredrum, Dasa exhaust, Boyesen water pump, some carb acelerator(cant remember but you can see the pic in my build thread), renthal sprockets, full skid plates, DID chain, Axis suspension in the front with LSR DC-4 arms, rear shock revalve and modified by www.dirtworksmotorsports.com and thier rear longtravel link. LSR +4 axle, FCI intake, led bars by BAJA LEDS, Team Alba oil cooler,
texeira tech stem and clamps, its TWIST THROTTLE, quadtech seat,

i think that its..

Couple questions...
How are we going to get out to our area to pre-run? and then back to town?
The day of the race how are we going to get out to our spot?

Couple questions...
How are we going to get out to our area to pre-run? and then back to town?
The day of the race how are we going to get out to our spot?
ok. we are going to have 2 chase trucks. mine and one from you guys or the NE guys.. plus 1-2 from my Baja friends.. but we jump in our trucks and go to the area, i can prerun the day before if needed but the idea is to you guys know where to go to wait for me to do the change..

mine got a radio on it to comunicate with the riders , so ill be the main chase truck . but ill probably do the first section of the race and then follow and keep in touch with all of you guys and ensure everything flows smooth..

ok guys heres a very good question: mawest ask me why we need www.bajapits.com support and what would the diference from us having multiple chase trucks???

what hotel we migth stay in? i like Hotel Cortez from the www.bajainn.com group.. same hotel that GT team stays in..

answer: Baja Pits offers services that we dont have, like gas, welding , water, plus they are set up in multiple remote areas that ill be hard for the chase truck to reach or ill take a lot of time.

in our chase trucks were going to have spare parts, the upcoming rider, spare tires, radio to talk to the riders or support personnel(weatherman, baja pits, rider, Mag 7 pits, ECT...) cooler full of water, sandwiches, beer (for the riders that already did their part), and shade for while we wait for our quad..

any other questions guys post them here and ill answer..

Do you have the dates of when we will be down there?? (yes I am going to request them off already) lol
If most of you guys go down on... say a Monday, but I am not able to make it till Wednesday, is that going to be a problem?
I should be able to be there the entire time but I don't get paid leave at work.

Do you have the dates of when we will be down there?? (yes I am going to request them off already) lol
If most of you guys go down on... say a Monday, but I am not able to make it till Wednesday, is that going to be a problem?
I should be able to be there the entire time but I don't get paid leave at work.
not yet but it should be the last weekend of may or the first weekend of june. hope you can be there atleast on monday since we need to prerun and atleast prerun 2 -3 times each persons section,. probably ill take the first one so i can ve done with it and coordinate/supervise the chase....

ok guys great news... it looks like there are some BIG and GOOD changes in SCORE... and bikes and quads will benefit a lot from them...

so FYI this is going to be sick....

heres a message from a member that was invited and its part of the organizing table..

SAL 122 said:
AYER TUVE LA SUERTE DE SER INVITADO A FORMAR PARTE EN UNA JUNTA, A LO QUE ESTOY SEGURO SERA DE BASTANTE BENEFICIO PARA TODOS NOSOTROS AMANTES AL OFF ROAD Y EN ESPECIAL AL SERIAL DE CARRERAS SCORE.
ESTUVIMOS PRESENTES ROGER NORMAN OWNER OF SCORE INTERNATIONA, JAKE VELAZQUEZ TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, BOB BELL, TIM MORTON, RON WILSON, STEVE BOURGEOIS Y JUSTIN MORGAN, DONDE TRATAMOS BASTANTES PUNTOS REFERENTES A LAS MOTOS Y ATV'S EN SCORE. DE INICIO LA ATENCION PRESTADA POR LOS MIEMBROS DE SCORE FUE DE MUCHISIMO MEJOR DE LA ESPERADA, Y LES PUEDO DECIR QUE ELLOS ESTAN EN LA MEJOR DISPOSICION DE HACER CRECER ESTE DEPORTE.
NO PUEDO ADELANTARME A LO PLATICADO ANOCHE, PERO SE VIENEN CAMBIOS FAVORABLES Y SORPRESAS, LO QUE LES PUEDO DECIR ES LA ADICION DE LA CATEGORA PRO IRONMAN (PARA TODOS AQUELLOS QUE SIEMPRE TUVIMOS LA INQUIETUD DE CORRER SOLOS, Y HABIA QUE INVADIR OTRA CLASE!!)
COMO DIGO QUISIERA PERO NO PUEDO ADELANTAR MAS!!
ESPEREN NOTICIAS IMPORTANTES Y PEOXIMOS CAMBIOS QUE REPITO SE QUE LO VAMOS A GOZAR TODOS, DESDE CORREDORES COMO EXPECTADORES!! :score:

make sure we start doing the deposits guys so we can start the ball rolling..

i think you forgot to translate it lol...i did it for you using google..

YESTERDAY I HAD THE LUCK OF BEING INVITED TO JOIN A MEETING, TO WHAT WILL BE PRETTY SURE WE ALL BENEFIT FOR LOVERS TO OFF ROAD AND RACE SPECIAL TO SERIAL SCORE.
NORMAN ROGER WERE PRESENT OWNER OF INTERNATIONA SCORE, JAKE VELAZQUEZ TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, BOB BELL, TIM MORTON, RON WILSON, STEVE JUSTIN MORGAN BOURGEOIS AND WHERE WE TRY ENOUGH POINTS CONCERNING AND ATV'S MOTORCYCLES IN SCORE. HOME CARE PROVIDED BY MEMBERS OF A LOT BETTER SCORE WAS THE EXPECTED, AND I CAN SAY THAT THEY ARE IN THE BEST AVAILABLE TO GROW THIS SPORT.
I CAN NOT get ahead of the previous discussion, LAST NIGHT, BUT CHANGES ARE FAVORABLE AND SURPRISES COME, WHAT I CAN SAY IS THE ADDITION OF THE IRONMAN PRO category (FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAD ALWAYS RUNNING CONCERN ALONE, AND HAD TO INVADE ANOTHER CLASS! )
HOW WOULD SAY MORE BUT I CAN FORWARD!
IMPORTANT NEWS PEOXIMOS EXPECT CHANGES AND I REPEAT IS THAT WE WILL HAVE ALL FROM BROKERS AS viewers! : score:

scribbles;2149570 said:
Passports..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Not really, but its prefered....
D Bergstrom;2150618 said:
There was a meeting between SCORE and others about bikes and ATV's. Outcome was good. That's about all it says, oh, and there is going to be an Ironman Pro class. So in other words, you won't really know anything until they actually discuss what was said and agreed upon during the meeting. I don't really read anything to get excited about...yet.

Doug

You are correct , but I got a lil more inside info... thanks for sharing your info..

SAL 122 said:
As promised, here is a snapshot of what to expect at the 2013 Baja 1000 and 2014 Score race season.
2013 Baja 1000:
-900-950 miles. New stuff, diverse stuff. Score being innovative like SF 250 and Baja 500. Registration details to be announced on Aug 1st.
-Motos/ATVs will start race night before, creating an 8 hr gap between bikes and Trophy Trucks. Pro bikes and quads will qualify for starting positions at a location outside Ensenada 1-2 days before the race. Best qualifying times dictate starting order, regardless of class. Rider who races qualifying round MUST start race for that particular team. Pro non-qualifiers and Sportsman entries will start based upon their order of entry form submission to Score. Safeguards being implemented to ensure safety.
-A Pro Ironman class will be introduced and continue through 2014. A purse-paying Pro class for solo riders.
-Sportsman "short-cut(s)," if determined necessary, will be announced when the course becomes official. Slow bike/quad "time-outs" also being figured.
-New tracking/recording device to be introduced. Live public display, finer granularity. More VCP's and stricter controls near private property. Official results much quicker.

2014 Score Race Season:
-Class 20, 24, and Sportsman Under will be eliminated.
-Class 22 will be 401cc motos and above.
-Class 21 will be 400cc motos and below as delivered by manufacturer.
-Class 25 will be any cc ATV.
-Sportsman Moto will be any cc moto.
-Sportsman ATV will be any cc ATV.
-Pro Ironman will be a solo rider on any cc moto.
-Discussions ongoing on 2014 Score series composition, including expansion to one U.S. race.

This is the plan, obviously things may change between Score and Mexican authorities. Specific details of the changes are being worked but safety and improving the competition and exposure of the sport is paramount. Each of the changes were debated and scrubbed before a decision was made. Baja vet Ron Wilson is the conduit for input to Score leadership and is moving out smartly. If you're not 100 pct behind the changes, give Roger a chance and support him - he is truly on our side and wants to see bikes/ATVs flourish.

Hey guys another member from the org says that he's really interested and I don't want to remove anyone from here from the list but if you guys aren't sure that you can make it maybe you would like to "give your spot" to this guy and you guys can still tag along as support and chase crew..

Let me know guys...

His name is Bill aka Vasillos

Back