Zorros Racing taking on the Tecate Score Baja 500, 2014

I suppose its doable, time will tell for sure.

Of course it is...

I saw it back in 2011 when the guys from indiana,missurri, and other state did the 1000..

The 3 basic steps are:

Start the savings
Start planning your work/school vacations for 2014
Keep your self motivated and in communication with all the team members..

Just see my thread of this years 500, ill pump you like crazy and I'm still missing some videos.

also tell it to your friends... HEY GUYS/FAMILY, ILL BE DOING THE BAJA 500 next year , I'm so pumped..

That will help you stay motivated...

My only issue is getting the time off work really. Vacations dont come all too easily when you work for a small company (as in less than 1o ppl). Getting a week off (like Id want) might just not be feasible IDK (I can try and make them lol..wtf they gonna do fire me?).

Its more of a money thing for me, I had to sell one quad to build another-thats how poor I am lol. I make good money but got alot of bills.

Anyways we got a year to make it happen, and Im gonna try mamito but I cant promise anything right now.

Ugh! Wish I had a real job and money!

That's great man that ur on the works for this adventure... and were all old guys, ill be35 when I do this..

The $ again its only a matter of savings, that's why we do it with a lot of time, to save just a few per paycheck.

Also we need to also consider the tax return just in case every one wants to have their own emergency $ as personnal backup.

Again you just need to have a working quad for prerunning, we can race in mine. Its not its firts or its last..

So let do the list:
1- me(rider of record/ team captain)
2- CJM…
3- ???
4- ???
5- ???

Ill make an email today for the pp acct.

Its just so far! I have given a little thought about it.. If I am to be interested it depends on what the NorthEast guys are doing, the more of us that go the better the trip would be financially and 40 hours of driving is a lot for anyone lol

Its just so far! I have given a little thought about it.. If I am to be interested it depends on what the NorthEast guys are doing, the more of us that go the better the trip would be financially and 40 hours of driving is a lot for anyone lol

40hrs!! Wtf!

Ur not that far. Ull make it to my house in no more than 2 days, I drove from Miami to California in 2 days, almost non stop(but I do admit I was in a Skyline R33)

There u go.. we got our 3rd guy..

Just ask anyquestion you guys would like answered and ill do my best to explain it and brief you on the adventure

Also were going to be racing on Class 24, Pro 450 or less

So far is right, you got maybe 10+ hours over me Dave lol.

In my eyes we need at least 4 of us to do this right, that way costs, ride time, etc will be minimal. There is still plenty of time to plan however.

mawest said:
I am very interested in racing the baja 500 with you guys. This has always been a dream of mine. Roughly how much would it cost per person?? Let me know if you get this and I would like to discuss this more with you.

Thanks
Thanks for your interest.. well I calculated about 1K per rider... because we need to pay: housing, food, baja pits support, gas and food for prerunning, entry fee+membership. Gas to get and return from Baja.

So if we get at least 5k, I'm sure its more than suficient to cover these cost.

Where you located? What's you ride? Do you have a truck to bring your atv to my house or to Baja?

Thanks for your interest.. well I calculated about 1K per rider... because we need to pay: housing, food, baja pits support, gas and food for prerunning, entry fee+membership. Gas to get and return from Baja.

So if we get at least 5k, I'm sure its more than suficient to cover these cost.

Where you located? What's you ride? Do you have a truck to bring your atv to my house or to Baja?

I am 97% in!! Other 3% just in case something happens. I have already spoken with a company that is willing to support us with a few$$.
Not sure what route you guys from the NE would take. I am just outside of Las Vegas, NV if it's better for you to come this way...meet up and then head down. Just throwing that out there.

We can do this guys! Like Mamito said, $50-100 a month is doable. We throw that away each month in BS.

I am 97% in!! Other 3% just in case something happens. I have already spoken with a company that is willing to support us with a few$$.
Not sure what route you guys from the NE would take. I am just outside of Las Vegas, NV if it's better for you to come this way...meet up and then head down. Just throwing that out there.

We can do this guys! Like Mamito said, $50-100 a month is doable. We throw that away each month in BS.
GREAT MAN... i put you down and whre you from.. once i get the email going ill start the paypal acct..

and i pm you my cell so you could have it..

ok guys now that we have 6 riders 500/6= 83 miles per rider or 500/5=100 miles per rider

its still a nice amount of miles so its good for all of us..

so far ill need to know each riders HONEST skill level to try to determine who will do what section.

me probably will just start the quad , since ill be the rider of record, and hand it down to the next rider before heading into the arroyo. ...
and then ill probably take one of the last sections since im the "most experience" one riding a nigth and with Trophy Truck catching up to you..

if any of the riders like mawest or tkup is experience riding at dark or semi dark (i got some nice led bars in my quad so ligthing its not a problem) they can take the last sections, since i do want to get in and out as soon as possible to ensure a good chase for the quad.. illl probably take the summit and "el saldana... "

we should be able to do it in 10-14 hrs that would put us on a 35mph average.. not bad really.. we migth not even have to use the ligths at all.. but its always better to be safe than sorry...

im leaving here a map of this years 500 so you guys have an idea of what the next years course migth look like..

1b1f2392b151059c6a99789a37f9276b.jpg

ok guys i need some back ground of us and some riding skills resume.. and WEIGTH... to see how to set up the shocks...

El Mamito USMC said:
ill be 180 to ill valve them for 190lbs..

and give me som info about you...

as for me , im in the military, my wife is from Baja so i hang out there as much as i can and i do some desert races here and there and so far just 2 in Baja. i race in Rosarito, like the Speed Eneergy 200 last year and now the Kuervoz 200 in the newer track, check it out on the HQ..
ill be 35 when we do this. but i do try to keep in a somewhat shape, LOL

mawest said:
I am 30 now so 31 when we race. I have been racing the USRA and NHHA mostly in Utah. I live in Mesquite, Nevada which is 100 miles North ( on I-15) of Las Vegas. Pretty small town. I am a pharmacy Technician and Smith's Pharmacy. My wife is the finance manager at a golf course here in Mesquite. I have 2 kids. 2 1/2 year old boy and 4 month little girl.
I have always dreamed of racing and around Christmas time I told my wife that I was going to start doing. I made some necessary changes to my bike and started. So far I have taken first in my class at each race. I started out in novice and moved to amateur. The longest race I have done is 100 miles (a few weeks ago). It's everything I wanted it to be and more. I hope to continue doing for quite a few more years.
That's a little bit about my self. I look forward to making this happen!!!

tkup93 said:
Well, I'm 19 right now, will be almost 21 when we go to the race. At the moment im in a 6 week EMT course and it looks like ill be passing and getting my license. Im also in college classes to become a Firefighter, either before or directly after the race ill be joining a Fire Academy to get my FireFighter 1 license as well.

I have never really raced (a couple local MX shootouts is all, but never toured), I ride the practice track at the local MX track weekly, am on a diet to get in shape and am starting to work out to get back down to where I want to be (preferably around 200). I've been riding since I was about 4, rode a quad before I rode a pedal bike, crashed my first quad when I was 6. I'm currently unemployed but I do small jobs on the side and live with my parents. Hopefully once this EMT school is finished Ill get a decent paying job and be able to start working the quad angle more.

Speaking of the Quad, its a 05 Honda 450 (Ride red right?), completely stock save for a rejetted carb, full pipe, and some nerf bars and bark busters. Im not too sure how well my bike would do as a practice bike except for training me on my section (if I were to race).

Other than that, my name is Trevor, im 6'3" (if you need that for setting up the bike) and weight approx 200-225lbs. My phone number: 916-932-3970

Back