Zorros Racing taking on the Tecate Score Baja 500, 2014

I am happy with whatever number is selected. Race numbers have never been important to me. If we start last...whatever. I am with Bill though. Yes, we may not win the race. Yes, we're there to have a great time. But, it's a race. If we can get a better starting position why not take it. I hope everyone is planning on RACING not just RIDING. Hey...they do week long rides down there. Lets race to race and have a great time.

I have a race coming up in a month and I hope you're right about the twist throttle. I feel like a fool too. I will not lie. As soon as we're done with the Baja it's coming off. LOL

I am happy with whatever number is selected. Race numbers have never been important to me. If we start last...whatever. I am with Bill though. Yes, we may not win the race. Yes, we're there to have a great time. But, it's a race. If we can get a better starting position why not take it. I hope everyone is planning on RACING not just RIDING. Hey...they do week long rides down there. Lets race to race and have a great time.

I have a race coming up in a month and I hope you're right about the twist throttle. I feel like a fool too. I will not lie. As soon as we're done with the Baja it's coming off. LOL
that racing comment is what i wanted to hear... :headbang: and not ridding the course... you just made my week sir..

i guess ill ask for 69A and if not 79A or what ever they give us..

on the TwTh i know it feels weird and not normal but once you get used to it. youll love it.. im sure youll like it once you try it on a long race...

HERES THE CATCH: WE NEED TO ADJUST IT SO WHEN YOUR IN YOUR AVERAGE RIDING POSITION YOU ARE ON W.O.T. AT A COMFORTABLE ANGLE.. and that the movement from iddle to WOT is as less as possible...

hey Bill since we migth race your quad. you migth want to see this items. i got them on mine and it does wonders..
i got this one but the 3
http://www.immortalatv.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4990

i got this and its a great help..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-D-Racing-...es&hash=item5d465eeef3&vxp=mtr#ht_3023wt_1124

and i got a boyensen water pump
http://www.immortalatv.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=141

again all those things are not a main concern but if we can improve something , why not do it...

Vasilios, to be honest with you I do not like it. I hope I get used to it. I just don't feel comfortable. The part that sucks the most is going through the whoops. I'm jerking and bouncing all over the place.

you are holding on to tight.. you need to let your arms move and relax..let the bike move under you.. sounds like you are fighting the bike..

numbers are numbers.. whatever.. as far as the start, we are racing the clock not each other its best time not who is first.. granted when the flag drops on my race I wait 1 to 2 sec before i go.. your not going to win a 25 mile race in the first 100 yards.. and most of the time you do not know the skill level of the "new guy" so why take a chance in getting hurt or brake the bike at the first turn.. the thing to remember is to first keep your head and finish the race. going balls out and braking the quad is pointless.. ride between 75-80% of your skill. It keeps the fatigue down and saves the bike.

Stinky, Thanks for the comments. I do not feel like I am squeezing too tight but I will pay attention to that next time I am out.

numbers are numbers.. whatever.. as far as the start, we are racing the clock not each other its best time not who is first.. granted when the flag drops on my race I wait 1 to 2 sec before i go.. your not going to win a 25 mile race in the first 100 yards.. and most of the time you do not know the skill level of the "new guy" so why take a chance in getting hurt or brake the bike at the first turn.. the thing to remember is to first keep your head and finish the race. going balls out and braking the quad is pointless.. ride between 75-80% of your skill. It keeps the fatigue down and saves the bike.
agree... thats why i was asking if any one would mind if we rear start. its kinda a smart move to take some preasure of the rider(me, LOL)
like the way fo thinking and im sure will do good as long as we keep our heads up and race smart... and hydrate(im working on some products for the entire team)

no prob.. its instinct just to grab on tight.. new street bike guys have this problem on the street as well. its even harder on the quad due to the moment. but once you get it you will have a hard time going back.. also watch out for left turns you will sometimes "gun it" when truing left due to the stretch of the arm..(that will get you in trouble running through trees!!)

a list of things to watch when you get some time.. might help with the wait.. (I have ridden bikes for 30 yrs they are my first love with an average of 10k a yr on two wheels)

This is some of my bike things i watch for inspiration
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403778/?ref_=nm_knf_t2
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0959858/?ref_=nv_sr_2
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1698010/
watching this one now at the office..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2960470/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

this one is more like "us"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487851/

and if you have not seen this its a must..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386423/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I should have all these with me when we are in baja..

I do not have to watch out for tress. Where I ride there are not any trees (do have cactus though). It is strictly desert. Just like you would see in Baja. The only time I see trees is if I were to go up the mountains.

I'll try to post a link of a video I took with my Drift camera. The terrain for the most part is sandy, rocky, with quite a bit of whoops.

Great videos too. Dust To Glory is a classic and it's a must for all riders. Mouse Mccoy is a hero if mine. I've always wanted to do a Baja race solo. How sweet would that be?!?!?

I wish we had a little sandy,rocky, and some whoops. It's all rock for the most part, a lot of hills and a lot of trees.

it does seem like it... ill check once i get home...
I do not have to watch out for tress. Where I ride there are not any trees (do have cactus though). It is strictly desert. Just like you would see in Baja. The only time I see trees is if I were to go up the mountains.

I'll try to post a link of a video I took with my Drift camera. The terrain for the most part is sandy, rocky, with quite a bit of whoops.

Great videos too. Dust To Glory is a classic and it's a must for all riders. Mouse Mccoy is a hero if mine. I've always wanted to do a Baja race solo. How sweet would that be?!?!?
ill be sweet and challenging.. if you want we can make that happen next years for the CODE RR275 or the Record Ensenada-San Felipe 250... we'll chase for you since ill be there racing it...and its not expensive

I wish we had a little sandy,rocky, and some whoops. It's all rock for the most part, a lot of hills and a lot of trees.
that why youll have the great summit just for you, LOL...

and guys if you guys want please post in the org thread from time to time, to keep us in the public eye ... we'll keep discussing it here but let give individual updates on that site to keep them interested in us and again , in the public eye... ;-)

I'm having a problem with the rear end of the quad just breaking loose, what do you guys think about an extended swingarm. +1 or +2 or should I leave it alone that is really the only piece I haven't touched on this quad. Suggestions?

Also I have a big bore top end kit for an 04/05 450r Carrillo 100mm kit with gaskets and rings and circlips also it's 13:1 compression. 575.00 for it.
Couple that up with a cam stage two or three. I have a used one that's a little boogered up on the end that bolts to the cam gear. Somebody was grinding on it a little but it should be fine, also 04/05 and that's free. Who wants it.

it does seem like it... ill check once i get home...

ill be sweet and challenging.. if you want we can make that happen next years for the CODE RR275 or the Record Ensenada-San Felipe 250... we'll chase for you since ill be there racing it...and its not expensive

that why youll have the great summit just for you, LOL...

and guys if you guys want please post in the org thread from time to time, to keep us in the public eye ... we'll keep discussing it here but let give individual updates on that site to keep them interested in us and again , in the public eye... ;-)
The summit looks like it will be fun, I'm pumped. I think I've seen every video there is on the summit section of baja.

The summit looks like it will be fun, I'm pumped. I think I've seen every video there is on the summit section of baja.
Summit looks tough but very doable, if it rains though it is probably going to be really slick and real sloppy. Any body here have any experience with the summit.

I think your swing arm is a little longer than mine. 04/05 they were a bit shorter. If I were you I would maybe go up just +1. I have never been over the summit but there is a guy across the street that has been over it quite a few times and says it's one of the coolest parts of the course. I am jealous that you get that part (LOL) but I think you're the best for it. Honestly I am hoping for some rain during pre-running and then clear for the race.

I will really consider doing the 250 solo. I will have to look at the pricing and run it past my secratary. LOL

Back