Zorros Racing taking on the Tecate Score Baja 500, 2014

well crap my just got off the phone with my shock guy and he sold out and is out of the business.. now i have to find a new guy to tell me whats going on and help me get the quad setup.. ugh.. going to walk away for the rest of the day..

well crap my just got off the phone with my shock guy and he sold out and is out of the business.. now i have to find a new guy to tell me whats going on and help me get the quad setup.. ugh.. going to walk away for the rest of the day..
Im in my cell and cant see them well.

Call Josh from www.dirtworksmotorsports.com and he can help you out..

Maybe the shock is not for that linkage.. that could be something

What's up guys?? If you all will text me your email I will send you the rough draft of the logistics for our race. As you see mistake of something you want to change please high light it and send it back to me. I hope you enjoy it and it helps us. It has taken more time than I thought it would. haha
As soon as SCORE releases the official map I will add more. I think we all need to run each of our sections at least 2 times maybe 3. Each time running it faster. Just my thought. Hopefully we're all working to get into shape. We cant wait till a month or few weeks before and expect to be ready. Remember, we're going to be riding a couple hundred miles in a week!!!!!

What's up guys?? If you all will text me your email I will send you the rough draft of the logistics for our race. As you see mistake of something you want to change please high light it and send it back to me. I hope you enjoy it and it helps us. It has taken more time than I thought it would. haha
As soon as SCORE releases the official map I will add more. I think we all need to run each of our sections at least 2 times maybe 3. Each time running it faster. Just my thought. Hopefully we're all working to get into shape. We cant wait till a month or few weeks before and expect to be ready. Remember, we're going to be riding a couple hundred miles in a week!!!!!
My email is lakenbake@hotmail.com

well guys my update..

the quad frame is on the shop and waiting to do some work on it and then blam... back to racing. on the engine

were still missing a lil bering that it got damage and couldn't use the oem one and the shaft for the tranny lever(the one pushing the clutch out inside the tranny) its to short., we have no idea why so were ordering a new and see whats up....

btw I already ordered my Drift Camera 720HD.. 55 bucks cant be beat...

and al ready found the base I want for my lights switchs
http://www.houser-racing.com/produc...h-mount-honda-trx450r-key-and-light-dashboard

Last edited:
well guys my update..

the quad frame is on the shop and waiting to do some work on it and then blam... back to racing. on the engine

were still missing a lil bering that it got damage and couldn't use the oem one and the shaft for the tranny lever(the one pushing the clutch out inside the tranny) its to short., we have no idea why so were ordering a new and see whats up....

btw I already ordered my Drift Camera 720HD.. 55 bucks cant be beat...

and al ready found the base I want for my lights switchs
http://www.houser-racing.com/produc...h-mount-honda-trx450r-key-and-light-dashboard
I have this piece and it's made really well. I have to mount it up still I'm just lacking time.

Part of our ligth bar setup for the Baja.. ligths thanks to Baja Led

FxCam_1391136048977.jpg

x2 on the dirt works for getting shocks redone. I had mine done and i like it! The bonus is the linkage, it has a built in skidplate and sure can take a beating.

It's either dirtworks's redone stock shock or high end aftermarket shocks. :)

You've got great pics in this thread el mamito usmc.

I been informing myself about the best antenna fot our radios.. since u guy will br using mine ill get 3 and bill can get his own, if he wants..

OK, after more research, there is apparently a MX connector and a MXI connector. While they appear to be the same in all the photos, the MX tends to be more often associated with Motorola Radios while the MXI is more often associated with ICOM radios. So, with your frequency at 152.475, and Weatherman at 151.625, I suggest purchasing a Laird/Antenex #: EXH-155-MXI which is deigned for 150-160mhz range.
This antenna is 10.5 inches long and in my opinion will give you the greatest performance for your immediate application. The lower portion of the antenna is semi-rigid and the upper portion is semi-flexible. I use an almost identical antenna on my Yaesu radio and I'm quite pleased.
Your other option is to use a Laird/Antenex #: EXB-150-MXI
This antenna is only about 6" long and is designed for 150-162mhz.
Note: While the short length may be nice in the pack, the downside is your body will create more obstruction with the short antenna. You really want to get the antenna as high as possible to get the greatest performance. In addition, the longer antenna (provided it is designed for your frequency, the better quality transmission and reception you will obtain from it.)
Also, you will want to insure when you are positioned on your bike (quad) in your race/riding position, your antenna does not interfere with your helmet. It will be very uncomfortable to ave your antenna constantly rubbing and banging off the back side of your helmet for 500mi.
Here is a link where you should be able to purchase either of these antennas, or you can locate another source.
Good Luck
Gary

so after all the reading , ill be getting this one
http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/laird-tech-exh-155-mxi-2027.html

d44d1dcd18f1e094230349b796a14c39.jpg

Last edited:
I have some bad news guys I was just at the doctors, due to some serious knee issues, I have to go in for some more testing this weekend, hopefully I just strained it. Something is moving around inside my knee. I can walk no problem, but stairs and being bent for any amount of time is killing me. I think the snowboarding for 25 years might be catching up. I'll keep you guys posted. In the mean time we might need to start looking for a replacement for myself. Sorry Boys I'm hoping for the best. Also any money I have already thrown in, I do not want back, it's only fair.

Back