Chronic's '13 Build

chronicsmoke

Banned!
Lifetime Member
Well I'm behind the ball again, waited way to long to get this build underway, so we will be rushing here the next few weeks.

The transformation(s) so far;
2011- http://www.trx450r.org/forum/106-trx450r-org-project-quads/183963-first-complete-rebuild.html
2012- http://www.offtopic.forum/showthread.php?575-Chronic-s-Build

Last year I got the suspension to where I want it, not it's time to show the engine some love.

It's getting;
+3 Hot Rods Stoker
12:1 CP Piston
Dynomite Perf Magic :gr_cool:
+1 valves
FCR Carb
New frame
65 Designs Gusset Kit
Sprocket Guard
Bold New graphics!! :nono:

Crank is getting balanced to the piston by CW
I've got to PC the frame before I start the build. First race is May 4-5th so I hope I get it ready in time. FCR and graphics may only come into play later on in summer

Some parts;
img2275tz-1.jpg

What I am starting with;

Attachments

• Picture 2285552.jpg
    Picture 2285552.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 59
  • JT291077.jpg
    JT291077.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 62
Plug on tear down;
img2523mb-1.jpg

2 Year old JE 13:1 piston with 2 years of racing on it;
img2528p-1.jpg

cross hatching on the cyl.
img2529cz-1.jpg

Sorry for the mess!
img2525zm-1.jpg

Waiting for a frame........
img2524zz-1.jpg

Started making a shelf in my new trailer too!
img2545xx-1.jpg

Some pics of my flattened frame rails;

Both sides from the A-arms to about the pegs are like this

img2562hl-1.jpg

img2563o-1.jpg

Anybody else bending their rads with their knees?? Mine is bent like this on both sides.. No wonder I had some bruised knees last year

img2572gc-1.jpg

Didn't run a skid for MX.. I'm going to this year though I bought one as soon as I noticed the crushed rails. I'm pretty tall too haha 6'3", you can see how this would happen; haha

This is the first I've noticed! I took the fender off and noticed. It kind of surprised me a little.

Can I straighten that or should I just get a new one and reinforce it?

2nd Bailey!

I cant imagine you actually bent that stuff, amazing lol. The frame too man, tubular steel is kinda hard to flatten!

Haha what can I say, CJM.. I'm hard on stuff!:D That's why the only thing I'll reccomend for suspension is that you get it professionally setup. Save yourself money, time and some serious pain lol

How'd you manage that B-Guns?? that looks worse than either one of the sides on mine!

Heheh yea Dave that frame is just nuts lol. I guess racing really puts a hurting on these things.

Im shooting already got an MX link and will be redoing rear or an elka or something if I can find. Then some +1 fronts and redone stockers. I tried the XC link, WAY to plush period if you do any sort of jumps.

Was gonna go an arsfx link but then ya need the custom LT shock, etc,.

Thanks for the input guys!

I have no idea... I just stare at my **** in the garage! lol

I'm 6'4" and ride it... It happens.

Haha that must have been a death stare.. that or you got mad and hit it with a hemmer :gr_judge:

@ CJM -You wont be dissapointed with that setup, I have my bike set up for MX but when I go trailing I can turn the compressions down a bit and play with the rebound so you can blast them wide open and just float over everything.. it's a thing of beauty!

Hopefully my next frame wont buckle with the gussett kit and skid plate :nono:

@ El Mamito - You shoulda seen how bruised my knees were! I knew I was hitting it hard but jeeze lol.. I can only imagine what Ed's knee looked like if that's how he bent his rad :icon_eek:

I picked up some new (to me) Fasst Flexx bars!

I have a reoccuring wrist injury from playing box lacrosse as a kid/youth. I had my wrist blow out once last year and it's not pretty so hopefully this can prevent or reduce the shock on my wrists if I case or overshoot and land flat.

And they have a baddass pick bar pad :lhdevil:

I'm gonna buy a rebuild kit for them and maybe a new pad.. MAYBE

Back