Chronic's '13 Build

man check out my skid on my build i just had to cut a lil into it to fit the link and its super beef..its an AC skid plate and im very happy with it..

0_IMAG0012-1.jpg

0_IMAG0013-1.jpg

Looks like it was doing it's job!

I'll take pics of my skid when I start modding and cutting it for the linkage and rotor guard. My skid is already pretty beat from when I used to trail ride everyday when I was in the country lol, so I'll cut and ruin that one ;)

img2597ne-1.jpg

Got my flexx bars in the mail, going to order a rebuild kit for them even though the bushings seem decent.

Also trading my +1 stem for a +2 stem with somebody on the .org.

Got the frame in, Thanks Ed. You're a gentleman and a scholar, I dont care what somebody else says about ya! :gr_cheers:

img2601qi-1.jpg

Gonna start welding the gussets in on first break today at work ;)

Got the frame in, Thanks Ed. You're a gentleman and a scholar, I dont care what somebody else says about ya! :gr_cheers:

Gonna start welding the gussets in on first break today at work ;)

Ed is the man!

I can't wait to see how everything works for you! I love watching other builds and seeing what people think of different products

Ed is the man!

I can't wait to see how everything works for you! I love watching other builds and seeing what people think of different products

Thanks, Slim!

Taking a bit longer than usual but I'm starting to feel like it's coming together with new parts arriving daily lol.

Watching builds is one of the biggest reasons that I frequent these sites, yours is one of the trickest I've seen yet. I'm looking forward to your thoughts after you till the dirt for a few months :gr_driving3:

Thanks, Slim!

Taking a bit longer than usual but I'm starting to feel like it's coming together with new parts arriving daily lol.

Watching builds is one of the biggest reasons that I frequent these sites, yours is one of the trickest I've seen yet. I'm looking forward to your thoughts after you till the dirt for a few months :gr_driving3:
I agree with you on both..

You guys need to get me with and do this Rocky Point race for next year.. imagine all you guys meet up on a nice hotel/condo and then hitting the beach and the beers and nice seafood, rigth before racing...

Its a great experiece. Just wait until in post up the pics of the race..

Ed is the man, seriously!

Cant wait to see the build. Im int he process of collecting parts myself lol, takes awhile.

Gussets are still being welded in the 450, I've got a bunch of parts for my teammate's YFZ that are going to get shot black as well. Rattle canning the top arms yellow, they've got almost new bearings and the black PC is good.. They'd be the only thing I want yellow so not in the cards. When the bearings are shot they'll get powder'd yellow unless I change the colors all together.

I've got a few days to spare waiting for parts, Going to set my 400ex in case I hit that XC race this weekend (30 miles from my house). Need to ad the 450r crab to it, make sure everything is tight and bolt on some skid plates to it.
Stock 450r shocks are gonna beat the hell out of me I think haha.

I have an adapter for the 450 carb if you need one...

Hmm, Intriguing. Is it the ZR adapter? I was gonna buy a 4" fitting like the one guy did over there for the weekend. It's in the plan to get an aluminum adapter and do it correctly.

This thing needs suspension too in the worst way.. It's got +2 arms and 450r shocks but they are hella stiff. and I've got a complete 450R rear end, I'm gonna put a 06+ swinger and GTT setup on the rear eventually I think. Should be a sweet little bike eventually. Good to let friends ride when they are over.

picture2285488-1.jpg

I will let you know Ed. I'll see what I can get done if I decide to race this weekend. I'd like to add the 450r carb, been meaning to do so for a while but I was still using it on the 450r ;)

Hmm,
This thing needs suspension too in the worst way.. It's got +2 arm and d 450r shocks but they are hella stiff. and I've got a complete 450R rear end, I'm gonna put a 06+ swinger and GTT setup on the rear eventually I think. Should be a sweet little bike eventually. Good to let friends ride when they are over]

Negative Sir... your going to send you shocks to www.dirtworksmotorsports.com and let Josh work his magic and get his rear link with shock.

You'll get them back and put them on and grow a smile bigger than the Joker in the 1st batman movies..

You can invite me the beers later...

Negative Sir... your going to send you shocks to www.dirtworksmotorsports.com and let Josh work his magic and get his rear link with shock.
You'll get them back and put them on and grow a smile bigger than the Joker in the 1st batman movies..
You can invite me the beers later...

Haha Mamito you're right! I'm so used to saying GTT for the link that it's force of habit!

I watched you and BVET get your stuff done by them and they look like they do sick work. I've started dealing with Terry @ Stadium because I have Stadium shocks and he's less than an hour from me but he doesn't offer a linkage and I'm not too sure on hisprices to rebuild stockers.. He does have an EXCELLENT product though. It's a shame he doesn't advertise more in the states. 50% of people here run Stadium

But you're welcome for beers anytime! :gr_cheers:

That's a good deal for sure.. The CHEAPEST Ive seen is $175 and that was only twice now. I tried to pic up 2 sets for $300 but couldn't pull it off... I was going to try and sell one them for $250 lol. Saw a broken set on ebay the other day, I emailed Flexx for replacement parts but the auction ended and I still haven't heard from Flexx... I think they went for $50 bucks but needed bushings, a pin and one of the bars was broken off.

I want to know if the hype is all its supposed to be..

I found another set on eBay with a broken right side handle for $90 shipped so I called Flexx... They said they wont sell just the handle because of liability reasons. "There could be unseen damage to the rest of the bars". If they break the original purchaser can send them back for warranty if they are within a few years old and a complete set of replacement bars can be purchased at a reduced rate.

Just some FYI follow up on that topic.

For $$359.99 they should have a lifetime replacement for the original purchaser!! lol

I was a key stroke away from buying them but thought better to call Flexx first, glad I did... I'll find a set some day.

Back