Creation/Evolution

emkay64 said:
Your opinion is valid, but yet again...your "opinion" isn't validating the discussion at all. Ehh...I'm all done now. Think I'll consider the thread dead in the water. The title was creationism/evolution...and you have nothing to contribute. It's okay...another time maybe.

Now look who is looking down her nose.

Just because I do not blindly swallow bad science as truth, that does not mean I am not contributing to the discussion. What did you want me to do, be brainwashed by more 95% assumptions?

By their own admission they say there is less fossil record than 2% of the toal population of life on Earth.

Let's just say this as a fact that cannot be avoided:

All life must come from other life. When that life is created it takes everything it will ever be from it's parents, nothing can be added to a life that is not already there.

Being as all life must come from other life how did it all start on Earth? How do you get around that little problem? If it was possible to make life just appear by accident in the world, then it should be easy to make life on purpose in a controlled lab.

emkay64 said:
It?s not clear whether this human-chimpanzee hybrid returned to the human or the chimpanzee population, but the molecular evidence is clear that the hybridization did happen-

Let me make it clear that kid was not mine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urlTBBKTO68&feature=related]YouTube - An Atheist Meets God[/ame]

timesjoke said:
If your just being funny okay, that's cool, but if you really have issue with my comment then I would really like to discuss why you feel this is the case.

Man has never done a single perfect thing in history, not once, what makes anyone believe that man could write the perfect Bible or design the perfect religion? All of it is still the creation of man, not God.

God is found within, not without.

This is a great insult to Christianity TJ. I got to this post and had to stop... Especially at this part:

timesjoke said:
Man has never done a single perfect thing in history, not once...

Wasn't Jesus Christ, the basis for Christianity, the only perfect MAN to ever exist? Isn't that the entire basis for our branch of Judaism?

snafu said:
I also have a hard time with the resurrection of Christ. Why would he need a physical body?

I think (and anybody that knows can correct me) that the physical body of Christ was needed in order to show the power of God. Jesus was meant to go and make our places in Heaven. After he was resurrected, he showed himself to his followers in body to affirm their belief that he was indeed God taking the form of man. He was not the first whole human body to be taken to heaven, and after his 2nd coming, he won't be the last.

I'm not sure I said a whole lot there, but I don't know how to articulate what I mean.

BrotherMan said:
This is a great insult to Christianity TJ. I got to this post and had to stop... Especially at this part:

Wasn't Jesus Christ, the basis for Christianity, the only perfect MAN to ever exist? Isn't that the entire basis for our branch of Judaism?

You missed the point I was making.

Jesus was perfect, but he did not write a single bible or design any specific religion. These works of man are imperfect because the men who designed them are imperfect.

My point will always be that the ability for the general populace to read is a very recent event and a great deal of the world still cannot read so how can people say that salvation or a connection to God can only be found inside a specific Church or by reading one or another translation of ancient texts that are themselves translations and stories passed word of mouth down generations?

I don't have a problem with any specific brance of faith, but I have to face the fact that if there was perfection to be found, why are we splintered into so many factions based on the same ancient texts?

Hack said:
damn... gotta remember to put the quote in...

if only someone would invent a way that we could edit our posts here. Like a little Edit button or something.

:p

Narrator: So Bugs how did it start?

Bugs Bunny: Two tiny ameba swimming in the ocean.

Narrator: No no not that far. How did it start for you?

Bugs Bunny: Oh well?..

Old thread I know, but I haven't been on here in a while. Just a quickie. I am an agnostic atheist. I cannot prove there is a God nor can I prove there isn't. But I go by probability. Most likely there isn't one. I have no reason to believe there is. I cannot sense or detect this being at all. Those that do, I wonder what it is like. For me, prayer does not work. The Bible has some good things in it but I honestly find it to be illogical, contradictory, and even repulsive. That is just my opinion. I prefer to preach doubt instead of certainty.

Old thread I know, but I haven't been on here in a while. Just a quickie. I am an agnostic atheist. I cannot prove there is a God nor can I prove there isn't. But I go by probability. Most likely there isn't one. I have no reason to believe there is. I cannot sense or detect this being at all. Those that do, I wonder what it is like. For me, prayer does not work. The Bible has some good things in it but I honestly find it to be illogical, contradictory, and even repulsive. That is just my opinion. I prefer to preach doubt instead of certainty.

I used to be like you, but then I met Timesjoke on this forum. My interactions with him made me came to the conclusion that there must be a God.

I came to that conclusion because I know, I know, that if his real personality is anything like his online personality, that it can only be by the good grace of God that nobody has shot him in the face, yet.

Long ago most people believed the world was flat, they could not even imagine the world being round. They could not sense it's roundness and to them the most probable reality was that the world could not be round.

Long ago people did not know there were things called germs making them sick. They could not see them and anything they could not see probably did not exist.

Perceptions are not a very good way of determining what is real or not real. The world was still round even though most people believed it was flat, Germs existed even though people could not see them. Our perceptrions fool us all the time, if a man dresses up like a woman, and looks very good as a woman, does that make him a woman in reality or did he just fool our perceptions?

Certainty? The only certainty we get is we all know we will end our existence on this world one day, Einstein once said that energy does not die, it just changes form. There is no doubt that our minds and bodies are alive with energy, I think Einstein was right.

Hi Joe, good to see you still care enough about me to include me in a reply that had nothing to do with me, lol.

I love you too.

Back