Euro 2008

Ouh, YESSSSS!!! Tomorrow will be exciting in all senses: I will go back home since nearly two months without going there. I will eat nice food (YUHUUUU!!:yahoo:. That's the best part), I will see how Spain is the new champion and after this, I will go to my town's fair. I will dance flamenco until dawn comes and I will eat churros with hot chocolate (fried dough pastry Spanish breakfast snacks) Can anyone have a better plan?

btw, whom do you think it will be the winner? Spain or Germany? Bets are admitted. XD

well...you can do all that..

But you won't see how Spain is the new champion.

3:1 for Germany

true, if they start like against the Turks the Spaniards will roll over them. but you can't write off the Germans. the history is clearly with them. very disciplined team, that should be the mentality anyway, like a machine, while Spain's tournament history is basically "screw up". at some stage in all these big tournaments in the last 40 years they've usually screwed up and been knocked out early in the competition.
they did however break this supposed curse they had with the semi final date, so who knows.
I'll say the Germans for the history, but considering the football I think Spain should rather win. I just don't like the Spaniards, they don't play with integrity.

gentlemen, we will see tomorrow who deserves to win the Euro 2008. I only can say "good luck for both teams" (although, I wish a bit more of luck for Spain... but you can see it's obvious, even more, when I feel quite patriot of my country.. XD)

Friðbjörn said:
I just don't like the Spaniards, they don't play with integrity.

einhh? and what do you want they do?a trio in the middle of the pitch for showing they are integrated ones with others? Man...

the spaniards have never realyl had any integrity in my eyes

though they can be fun to watch, just maybe with the whole spanish club scene, their racist coach and their continual underperforming at major tournaments has left a sour taste in my mouth

if the game is close, itll be germany to win it, if things are open ended, spain to win by a fair margin

man i wish they cud have a 3rd place match im gonna miss Turkey's games :( i wish Euro 2008 cud go on forever

im kinda glad its wrapping up, for whatever reason there isnt that zing about this tournament that other tournaments have had, same can be said of most tournaments since WC06, asian cup was abit of a letdown, though it did have the fairytale finish with iraq, and the african cup was abit down cause of some player injuries and players out of form, euro08 hasnt quite lived up to the hype, there have definately been moments, but as a whole, nothing special

i cant wait for season 08/09 to rebegin, Manchester United's quest to defend UCL cup, a possible treble of EPL titles, and the world club challenge

man i wish they cud have a 3rd place match im gonna miss Turkey's games :( i wish Euro 2008 cud go on forever

Turkey did deserve to win this year.. shame shame.
They were like the only team besides the netherlands who brought "action" into the Euro

hopefully next time.

omg i loved Torres goal pure ambition he followed the ball amazing and showd he has great physique and finishing...spain is playing well so far 51st minute

great game,good on spain

shame it didnt have a few more goals or some late drama...i was kinda hoping for extra time...abit of penalties drama...

but overall the better deserved team won, spain underfeated in the tournament, rode their luck abit at times, finished superably when needed, played with flair and creativity and never took a step back, deserved champions(unlike euro04...), unlucky germans, on one hand they were 1 shot away from being knocked out, same as today,one good shot away from possibly snatching it, they can count themselves as having a good tournament, considering they were in a few dire straits and didnt ply at their best, they cn look forward to a good WC qualifying campaign

Back