Foxx's Poetry Corner

Your poem's are indeed good. This one has a surreal feeling, give me visuals and stuff. I like it, you got talent. But you already know that I hope. :)

Wow! I loved that one Fox! The way you wrote it was ... wow, very clever. It seemed to gather pace along with the frantic thoughts of someone fearful of their grip on reality and each small stanza was like drawing a breath, it fluctuated and grew lesser and sharper just like one does when having a panic attack!
Wow!
The end, that 'or...' that was brilliant. It turned the whole 'darkness' before it on its head. You really are left questioning was it real or not? Its almost devious at the end... 'you and me and that thing make three,' for some reason that leapt out at me. It plays to everyone I think because we all at some point, if only as kids, been afraid of the unknown lurking there in the dark and its the unseen 'thing' that terrifies us the most! Its the basis of any good horror story! The ryhme was good, I especially admire the way you didnt fall into the second line 'repeat' or having each and every single sentence rhyme and echo the sentence above, cause that has a tendency to make some writings seem almost juvenille... well, depends on the context, but the rhyme made it flow and gave it a sense of unity. It wasn't all over the place even if it wasn't typically structured. But this style of writing is showing maturity as well as playing to a sense of childlike wonder and fear, and yeah... damn... it was just awesome.
Really. No crap. One of your best. Sorry I took so long to get my butt over and read it! And sorry for the rant, but it was SWISH!! I know I sound like an eighth grade english teacher when I rant like this but its what I get from it when I read good writing and wouldn't you rather me tell you honestly what I think in a constructive manner than just go along with the crowd and say it was great (even if they are still very right in their opinions ;) ??
Anyway, more like this and you will win the competition Foxxy, hands down!
:thumbsup:
Keep it up :D

Hollow

Emptiness is in me
An echo of a soul
But I’m not free
I am a hollow being.
No emotion
No excitement
Hollow
They have torn my soul from me
Bringing me to this life
Took the thought
Stole my mind
Left me a hollow vessel
Wandering the earth.
They saw me as a threat
Saw the potential for greatness
And took it from me
Ripped me from my fate
And left me here
As a hollow thing
I do not feel
I do not cry
Hollow is hell
Yet they do not know
Everything that I did
Even though they took it all
They do not understand
Yet here I am
Hollow​

...undescribable... and a picture means a thousand words.... so....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There you go, 5000 words :D

GraDoN said:
:O a little dark for me but nice poem must say good work :)
thanks for saying that even if its dark for your taste, that it is good work....it's good that you're willing to read stuff that is darker than your taste and still like the quality of the writing

Tell me…

Chorus
Tell me what it means
To be hurt like I am
Tell me what it’s like
To be loved like you are
Tell me why I’m here
Pushed away from the world.

Verse One

People say this is how it should be
Keep on about trivial worries
Saying they were hurt
And that they aren’t loved
Yet they don’t know
What it means
To be pushed away from the world
So I beg youuuu
Just tell me what its like
To be in the limelight

Chorus

Verse Two
Tired of the way
People look at you?
Trying to get out of the light
Wishing you weren’t here.
Please tell me now
How you feel now
Welcome to my world
Now you know what its like
To be pushed away like me

Chorus

Verse Three
Still can’t take it
Complaining of the life you once had
Telling of the hurt
Or bragging of the love you have
So why now do you tell
Of the lies you have told
Why do you care
About us,
The ones you pushed away.

Chorus

These are new lyrics, my friend Kevin inspired me to write more lyrics so here they are

nice one...your last one has been some time ago...so I'm glad to read something new...
and you always make it sound so personal...which makes it really great

nice lyrics damnit lol when i went throught i even made a beat and raised my voice to it :D haha i seem to think i can sing.. but nobody els does :p

@Jeezy- Yeah, i've had writers block, but i'm slowly coming out of it!!! Glad ya like it!! i was worried people might think it was TOO personal feeling.... :thumbsup:

@GraDon- Thankies!!! I hope when u 'sung' it..... it didnt sound too bad.... heheheh

Nice lyrics...and yes, very personal but I like that kind... :)
It's just one thing that bothers me a bit...in the 2nd verse...there are too many nows for my taste...I'm sure it would sound good but I just can't imagine the beat and stuff... :p

Back