Gold diggers stink!

Ahhlee

Fukking gold diggers.

It started out with an old flame asking me if I would borrow him $5000. Now word is out that I'm selling my business and I've got a couple of shlubs sniffing around seeing if they can't get in on the action. One works as little as humanly possible out at his family's farm and spends the rest of his day drinking at the bar. He thinks we "should go out sometime" and I'm sure he's figuring we'll spend my cash and I can wind up supporting him so he can realize his dream of becoming a full time alcoholic. The second is a drug addict/pusher who, while quite good looking, can only muster the energy to work part time at the convenience store and spends the rest of his time accumulating girlfriends to feel sorry for him and take care of him financially. He wants me to "give him a call".

So not interested.

My best friend has been having problems with gold diggers, too. He lives in a gorgeous house and makes damn good money. The problem he has is that the dates start out fair, but once they find out where he lives, what he does for a living and what he drives, they become REALLY interested. He's having a difficult time finding someone who's truly interested in him, and not just what his money can buy them.

Why do some people feel entitled to have something while doing nothing to earn it? How can they live off the sweat, blood and tears of others and still manage to sleep at night?

Now, I'm not including parents who stay home to raise children in this rant. Raising kids is a full time job and if a couple can afford for one parent to stay home with their brood, I think that's wonderful. God bless 'em!

I'm talking about the guy who wants to sit at home and pound his pud and play Xbox all day while his woman works three jobs. Or the gal who does nothing but get her nails done, shop for clothes and yak on her cell phone with her girlfriends while her man puts in back breaking overtime to pay for the sh!t she just HAS to have.

Insufferable leeches, the lot of them!

What are your thoughts on or experiences with gold diggers?

The solution seems clear, marry your best friend.......

Seriously, Tami is my best friend, I cannot imagine anything better than actually being friends with the person you love, it certainly gives the relationship enough debth of mutual respect that most relationships lack these days.

Anyone can have the potential to be a gold digger to a certain degree.

Didn't you mention something about dating to get the free dinner out of it? Maybe you were joking but many do that and there was even a recent news report saying that with this economy crunch, women are dating more to get that free dinner......so does that make them a gold digger?

I have a friend who is so scared a woman will take him for his money he rarely makes it three weeks dating the same woman. I feel bad for him because his fear is keeping him from relaxing enough to find someone special in his life.

Attachments

• e410e83f5ef7427514c0d89f05e11df5.gif
    e410e83f5ef7427514c0d89f05e11df5.gif
    60.5 KB · Views: 10
timesjoke said:
The solution seems clear, marry your best friend.......

No. I love him to pieces and would do anything for him, but I'm not IN love with him.

Plus I have no desire to be married or in a long-term exclusive relationship with anyone at this point.

timesjoke said:
Didn't you mention something about dating to get the free dinner out of it? Maybe you were joking but many do that and there was even a recent news report saying that with this economy crunch, women are dating more to get that free dinner......so does that make them a gold digger?

The "hey, free dinner" was a running gag between eddo and myself.

Personally, I would be turned off by a man who didn't buy dinner on at least the first two or three dates. I'm surprisingly old fashioned.

And I'm definitely NOT a gold digger.

timesjoke said:
I have a friend who is so scared a woman will take him for his money he rarely makes it three weeks dating the same woman. I feel bad for him because his fear is keeping him from relaxing enough to find someone special in his life.

Maybe he's perfectly content to play the field. To each their own.

Ali said:
No. I love him to pieces and would do anything for him, but I'm not IN love with him.

Plus I have no desire to be married or in a long-term exclusive relationship with anyone at this point.

Fair enough, just making a point that many times an opportunity is right there in front of our faces.

At least there would not be any surprises later. ;)

Ali said:
The "hey, free dinner" was a running gag between eddo and myself.

Personally, I would be turned off by a man who didn't buy dinner on at least the first two or three dates. I'm surprisingly old fashioned.

And I'm definitely NOT a gold digger.

So free dinner is not gold digging, got it, lol.

So if the guy buys you a free meal and pays for the 'date' like movies and stuff, do you feel obligated to compensate him in return with sex?

Just wondering your stance on that.

Ali said:
Maybe he's perfectly content to play the field. To each their own.

Nobody is meant to be all alone Ali.

timesjoke said:
Fair enough, just making a point that many times an opportunity is right there in front of our faces.

At least there would not be any surprises later. ;)

So if the guy buys you a free meal and pays for the 'date' like movies and stuff, do you feel obligated to compensate him in return with sex?

Yep, there's someone out there for everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
timesjoke said:

I don't use sex as a bartering tool. I'm not a whore.

I'll have sex with a guy because I think he's smart, fascinating, shares some of the same passions I do, has the ability to make me laugh so hard I snort or because I happen to feel horny....not because he shelled out $150 for a prime rib dinner.

If someone asks me out, he should pay for the date. If I ask a guy out, I'd be willing to pay since I did the asking. That's not gold digging.

timesjoke said:

Says who? Some people are perfectly happy to live alone. No one should tell anybody that choice is wrong if that's what feels right to them.

ImWithStupid said:
Would you rather see a picture of my side boob to cleanse that image out of your mind?

I love your side boob, Peter.....I mean, IWS! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
ImWithStupid said:
It was the Fox logo that gave it away, huh? :D

you aren't about to sneak a Family Guy reference by Ali. :)

ButtScratcher!?

ButtScratcher!?

ButtScratcher!?

View attachment 2412

Attachments

• 9d7e910e5115aacfc15ac544f545efe4.jpg
    9d7e910e5115aacfc15ac544f545efe4.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 10
ImWithStupid said:
It was the Fox logo that gave it away, huh? :D

Oh hell no. I didn't need the Fox logo to know exactly what I was looking at!

eddo said:
you aren't about to sneak a Family Guy reference by Ali. :)

eddo knows. That's right....eddo knows. :D

Ali said:
I don't use sex as a bartering tool. I'm not a whore.

Sounds good, so when a woman marries a man for financial security, does that make them a whore?

Ali said:
I'll have sex with a guy because I think he's smart, fascinating, shares some of the same passions I do, has the ability to make me laugh so hard I snort or because I happen to feel horny....not because he shelled out $150 for a prime rib dinner.

I am not taking a shot at you Ali, please do not try to take my next comment as a personal flame or attack because that is not what I am trying to do, but I am going to make a very strong point and I hope you can accept it as valid instead of going off the deep end:

I notice in your list there was no mention of love.

This is one of the key changes in the attitudes of women I feel is important to discuss. Ali I believe your a good woman, but why is sex so "not special" to you? What ever happened to sex being an expression of love?

Ali said:
If someone asks me out, he should pay for the date. If I ask a guy out, I'd be willing to pay since I did the asking. That's not gold digging.

So you would let him pay even if you initiated the date?

You say a man "should" pay but you would "be willing" to pay. So you believe a man should be obligated to pay for a woman's night out even if it was your idea?

Why? Just being in your company requires a man to pay for the privildege?

Wouldn't going dutch be the "fair" way to date?

Ali said:
Says who? Some people are perfectly happy to live alone. No one should tell anybody that choice is wrong if that's what feels right to them.

Many people also believe in UFO's and 9/11 being an inside job among many other silly things. People are not intended to be alone, there can be many reasons someone may choose to be alone, most of them because they have experienced considerable pain (I was one of those for awile), but self delusion does not erase the fundamental need humans have for companionship.

timesjoke said:
Sounds good, so when a woman marries a man for financial security, does that make them a whore?

If that's the only reason she married him and she doesn't contribute anything to the relationship other than sex and spending his money on herself, then I would say yes.

timesjoke said:
I am not taking a shot at you Ali, please do not try to take my next comment as a personal flame or attack because that is not what I am trying to do, but I am going to make a very strong point and I hope you can accept it as valid instead of going off the deep end:

This precursor to your conterpoint was completely unnecessary and a good example as to why you and I are often at odds.

timesjoke said:
I notice in your list there was no mention of love.

This is one of the key changes in the attitudes of women I feel is important to discuss. Ali I believe your a good woman, but why is sex so "not special" to you? What ever happened to sex being an expression of love?

I believe love and sex are two different animals. I am capable of having one without the other and always have been. I don't preach that lifestyle to others, but it IS what works for me.

timesjoke said:
So you would let him pay even if you initiated the date?

You say a man "should" pay but you would "be willing" to pay. So you believe a man should be obligated to pay for a woman's night out even if it was your idea?

Why? Just being in your company requires a man to pay for the privildege?

Wouldn't going dutch be the "fair" way to date?

Did you even read my comment? You quoted it, but did you READ it?

If a man asks me out on a date, then he should pay. If I ask a man out on a date, then I would be willing to (or "would" if that word would make you happier) pay.

I've only ever asked one man out on a coffee date. After it was over, I insisted on paying but he still picked up the tab, which I thought was very nice. But the point is, I would have been perfectly happy to pay for our date and wouldn't have held it against him if he had let me.

timesjoke said:
Many people also believe in UFO's and 9/11 being an inside job among many other silly things. People are not intended to be alone, there can be many reasons someone may choose to be alone, most of them because they have experienced considerable pain (I was one of those for awile), but self delusion does not erase the fundamental need humans have for companionship.

I bet your arrogance and condescending tone wins over lots of people. :rolleyes:

Let people live the way they want to. What's it to you as long as it's not hurting you?

I don't need a man sitting beside me on the couch complaining that I didn't put enough pickles on his sandwich to make me happy....I can tell you that right now.

timesjoke said:

Gotta' throw the BS flag on this one.

Gonna have to ask for some proof. Sounds like someone is trying to pass off their belief as a scientific fact.

Ali said:
If that's the only reason she married him and she doesn't contribute anything to the relationship other than sex and spending his money on herself, then I would say yes.

So what percentage of contribution would transform the woman from whore to not a whore Ali?

I am asking this question to make a point that there is a monetary consideration even in many regular relationships. You say you expect men to always pay for your dates, so you have set a monetary landmark of at least a small level to be able to pay your way.

Ali said:
This precursor to your conterpoint was completely unnecessary and a good example as to why you and I are often at odds.

Well to be honest I feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs with you on everything I post because it seems your always trying to find fault in anything I say. I have never posted anything with the idea you would get angry, but you have gotten that way many times anyway so what am I supposed to do about you Ali?

I am not the guy your always trying to make me into.

Ali said:
I believe love and sex are two different animals. I am capable of having one without the other and always have been. I don't preach that lifestyle to others, but it IS what works for me.

And that is the attitude of most women these days Ali. I am not really saying it is wrong as much as saying this is in my opinion the biggest difference in how women think. Even in my University days it was said women use sex to get love and men use love to get sex.

Now we are in the age of the "booty call" where even women don't want love anymore and do not identify sex with the persuit of love.

Ali said:
Did you even read my comment? You quoted it, but did you READ it?

If a man asks me out on a date, then he should pay. If I ask a man out on a date, then I would be willing to (or "would" if that word would make you happier) pay.

I've only ever asked one man out on a coffee date. After it was over, I insisted on paying but he still picked up the tab, which I thought was very nice. But the point is, I would have been perfectly happy to pay for our date and wouldn't have held it against him if he had let me.

My point was you didn't use the "should" for yourself. But being as you just said you don't ask men out for more than coffee picking up the tab is really not relivant being as you never place yourself in the situation of having to pay for a big meal.

Ali said:
I bet your arrogance and condescending tone wins over lots of people. :rolleyes:

And there is why I offered the earlier disclaimer. You decided to get mad here instead of there, but you saying something to try and put me down is normal and expected.

Ali said:
Let people live the way they want to. What's it to you as long as it's not hurting you?

Did I say anything about forcing you or anyone else to do what I want you to do Ali? You see this is where you get rediclious with me, I never said that, so why are you blowing up at me for somehting I didn't say?

Ali said:
I don't need a man sitting beside me on the couch complaining that I didn't put enough pickles on his sandwich to make me happy....I can tell you that right now.

You say that as if that is all men are, do you see all men as complainers and a burdon on women Ali?

I said nobody is meant to be alone (listen up IWS, this is for you too).

Our emotions are every bit as much a part of our being as our heart and trying to ignore or set aside our emotional health is not natural. Sure many people detach in many ways on the emotional side but there are usually big changes if they try to sustain that state for very long.

Cat ladies come to mind where they more or less reject human companionship and turn to cats or something else to compensate for that loss. Many people bury their life in ther jobs or maybe become radicals like the guy who killed Tiller the baby killer. Many even plunge themselves into this world making it very important to them because they can keep people at a distance, a "safe" distance.

Our emotions need companionship to sustain some semblance of normalcy.

timesjoke said:
I said nobody is meant to be alone (listen up IWS, this is for you too).

Our emotions are every bit as much a part of our being as our heart and trying to ignore or set aside our emotional health is not natural. Sure many people detach in many ways on the emotional side but there are usually big changes if they try to sustain that state for very long.

Cat ladies come to mind where they more or less reject human companionship and turn to cats or something else to compensate for that loss. Many people bury their life in ther jobs or maybe become radicals like the guy who killed Tiller the baby killer. Many even plunge themselves into this world making it very important to them because they can keep people at a distance, a "safe" distance.

Our emotions need companionship to sustain some semblance of normalcy.

The request was for "proof" of your statement. Not more opinion and speculation.

Why the dodge?

I'm guessing because you've got nothing to back this, but your opinion and your belief that whatever you believe is fact.

ImWithStupid said:
The request was for "proof" of your statement. Not more opinion and speculation.

Why the dodge?

I'm guessing because you've got nothing to back this, but your opinion and your belief that whatever you believe is fact.

So what part would you like me to prove?

That humans need companionship?

Are you really trying to say people do not need other people in their lives?

No dodge IWS, but I do sense a newfound hostility from you lately, why not just call me a Holocaust denier again, I am sure you will feel better after that.

Okay, in my attempt to once again be the guy reaching out to you guys while your insulting and putting me down as usual I will try to answer the question your not really asking:

Why are the two of you alone and trying so hard to justify that current existence?

Because of pain more than likely. You both have admitted to large problems in relationships and now your in that "self-protection" mode where you putting yourself into other things to try and make up for the gap in your lives. I have been there myself, I know exactly how this happens and where the path leads. When my ex-wife took off for her internet boyfriend it crushed me very bad. It was instant nasty where I was even refused to see my own children without a court order just to hurt me. The details are not as important as how it made me feel, and I can tell you I was not very positive about the whole companionship thing while I was actively feeling the pain of rejection and the abuse of trust from her in my life.

I was not capable of finding companionship and love again until I let go of that pain, and I carried that pain a long time so I know where your comming from guys.

If being alone was natural, nobody would be seeing past things like these to try again guys, this is my point.

"If at first you don't succeed" and all that stuff.........

Back