1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce

DIRECTIONS

1. Finely shred the head of cabbage; do not chop. Combine the green onions and cabbage in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Make the crunchies: Melt the butter in a pot. Mix the ramen noodles, sesame seeds and almonds into the pot with the melted butter. Spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake the crunchies in the preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven, turning often to make sure they do not burn. When they are browned remove them from the oven.
4. Make the dressing: In a small saucepan, heat vinegar, oil, sugar, and soy sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, let boil for 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
5. Combine dressing, crunchies, and cabbage immediately before serving. Serve right away or the crunchies will get soggy.

Panera Bread

KathyA said:
I wish I had seen this post earlier.. If there is one thing in this world that I can do, its cook..

The best spaghetti sauce in the world is..

1 lb hamburger
1 lb Italian Pork Sausage
1 lg green pepper
1 lg red pepper
1 lg onion
5 cans tomato sauce (8oz)
1 can tomato paste
2 cans of Rotello chili and diced tomatoes
4 tsp garlic salt
2 tbs of Oregano

Fry hamburger and half the onion along with half the peppers in one pan.. Dice up the sausage and using the rest of the onions and peppers fry in another pan..

In a large sauce pan, add all the cans of tomatoes together, bring to slight boil..Reduce to lowest possible setting. Stir it constantly..It will stick..

When hambuger and sausage is no longer pink, and onions are transparent, add them to the tomato mixture.. Also add the garlic salt and oregano at this point..

let it simmer for about an hour, and your done..

This sauce is on the spicy side.. The diced chili's and tomatoes gives it just enough kick.. You can decrease it down to one can if you prefer.. I personally, do not like sweet tasting sauces.. Basil being one key ingredient
that I purposely omit, it only intensifies that sweet taste..

I stole your idea of using rotello in my chilli and I got to say it's fantastic! But talk about hearburns. Wow. But no pain no gain.

outback alice springs chicken. my favorite....

honey mustard marinade:
1/2 cup grey poupon
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp. oil
1 tsp lemon juice

chicks:
4 chick boobs

2 cups crimini mushrooms( baby portabellas)
2 tbs butter
s&p
paprika
8 slices cooked bacon
1 cup mont. jack
1cup cheddar
combine 2/3 honey mustard marinade and marinate chicken for 2 hours

preheat oven to 375
sear chicks 4 mins on each side. make sure they are done thru
sep. pan saute shrooms. i like to cook shrooms till done then add 1/2 cup of marsala wine. cook until mosture is gone.
put chicks in a greased dish. put bacon, shrooms and cheese on top and cook until cheese is melted.

served best with orzo and steamed veggies

orzo:
cook orzo until "al dente'
drain
add fresh cracked pepper to taste
add sea salt to taste and stir
add extra virgin olive oil. about a 1/4 cup
stir, done

snafu said:
I stole your idea of using rotello in my chilli and I got to say it's fantastic! But talk about hearburns. Wow. But no pain no gain.

Well I am glad you liked it.. But the heartburn is an unfortunate side affect.. Rotello can be used in anything with a tomato base.. It really spices things up.. :)

This doesn't have a name, so we'll call it Taco Dip. My friend makes it for every party and it always goes.

1 lb ground beef
1 lb Velveeta
1 jar Salsa

Brown the ground beef, seasoning with your choice of spices (I use cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes.)

Drain excess fat. Put in crock pot with diced velveeta, and salsa. Heat on low until melted, stirring occasionally. Is best served with Fritos scoops.

Phreak's Thanksgiving Turkey.

I'll make this a simple one for those who are Turkey stupid.

Follow the instructions for preparing the bird from HERE then, before baking, rub with seasonings concocted from HERE and bake as directed.

****ing awesome bird !!!

Here's the Apple Cheesecake. Just to let you know I wasn't too impressed with the crust, maybe add some crushed ginger snaps to the mix?

Crust
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 tablespoon shortening
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
Filling
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
Topping
4 golden delicious apples, peeled cored and sliced
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Caramel Drizzle optional, Recipe follows

Crust: Beat and combine the sugar, butter and shortening.
Add the vanilla, flour and salt till crumbly.
Pat into 9" springform pan and set aside.
Filling: Beat together the cream cheese sugar and vanilla till fluffy.
Add the eggs.
Pour into crust.
Topping: Mix apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Place apple mix in pan, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Allow to cool then pour onto cream cheese filling, spreading evenly. (set aside a few apple slices)
Top with the almonds.
Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or till golden brown.
Cover and chill 4-24 hours.

Spiced Rum Caramel:
1/3 Cup Captain Morgan
A few tablespoons of brown sugar
Splash Lemon Juice
(all measurements are guesstimates because I made this up at the last second for decoration purposes)

Heat rum, brown sugar, and lemon over med heat, stirring frequently. Add leftover apples from cheesecake, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until reduced by about half. Remove from heat, discard apple slices, and let cool slightly. Transfer cheesecake to platter, drizzle with caramel, and you have a beautiful cheesecake :D

angie said:
Here's the Apple Cheesecake. Just to let you know I wasn't too impressed with the crust, maybe add some crushed ginger snaps to the mix?

Crust
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 tablespoon shortening
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt

THANKS. A bunch.

Tip for the crust: try it with powdered sugar instead, and swap out the shortening for another tbl of butter. Incredible shortbread is made with just flour, powdered sugar, and butter, and a bit of corn starch. Think I posted it last year. CES tried it out and sent me pics of his creation. I had an apple cheesecake once and it was divine. I'll try this out. Beaut!

skategreen said:
THANKS. A bunch.

Tip for the crust: try it with powdered sugar instead, and swap out the shortening for another tbl of butter. Incredible shortbread is made with just flour, powdered sugar, and butter, and a bit of corn starch. Think I posted it last year. CES tried it out and sent me pics of his creation. I had an apple cheesecake once and it was divine. I'll try this out. Beaut!
I will have to try that with the sugar-and I just used butter, I don't do shortening. Here's my latest, made this last night and it was DIVINE!!

Kahlua Cheesecake

Crust
1 1/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
1/4 cup softened butter
1 tablespoon sugar
Cheesecake
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup Kahlua or coffee-flavored liqueur (I used 1/3 c. but that still wasn't quite enough, if you like Kahlua flavor, go with the 1/2 c)
2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1. Cut softened cream cheese into pieces.
2. Prepare chocolate crumb crust and press firmly into a nine-inch springform pan.
3. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
4. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate with Kahlua and butter; stir until smooth.
5. Set aside.
6. In bowl, combine eggs, sugar and salt; add sour cream and blend well.
7. Add cream cheese to egg mixture; beat until smooth.
8. Gradually blend in chocolate mixture.
9. Turn into prepared crust and bake for 35 minutes or until filling is barely set in centre.
10. Turn off heat and let stand in oven for 15 minutes with door open; then take out of oven and let stand at room temperature for one hour.
11. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
12. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired.