Hey, that song reminds me of.... A.K.A. The Off Topic Forum history of Rock & Roll

RoyalOrleans said:
Oh... it be so, skategreen. Here's a partial list of my favorite bands/artists to get you back in the mood... maybe...

Muddy Waters
Howlin' Wolf
Marvin Gaye
Lou Rawls
Rush
The Allman Bros. Band
Led Zeppelin
Styx
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull
Chicago
Boston
Emerson Lake and Palmer
Alice In Chains
Pearl Jam
Stone Temple Pilots
Elvis
Frank Sinatra
Etta James
Gorillaz
et.al.

Thank Gawwwwwwwwwd. You're sobering up. Yes RO, there is indeed hope. Lie back down on my couch and I'll continue to feed you chicken soup.

And Whilst I do, I'll put on ZZ Tops, "Cheap Sunglasses".

C'mon baby, ya gotta love that one, don'tcha?

Metallica - The unforgiven: I find that the lyrics reflect the slightly over-protected lifestyle i grew up living.

Pink-Just like a pill: Reminds me of my first full-time job. I had to drive for about 14 hours out to the middle of some backwoods shithole. I heard this song on the radio a lot during the trip.

Shona Llaing-Soviet Snow : A cute pop song about nuclear war. There's something I love about it

Project Pitchfork - KNKA: This song got me hooked on Industrial Music

Ozzy Osbourne-Slow Down: I went through a phase where I couldn't stop listening to this song.

Spice Girls-Wannabe: My peers all wanted to **** kick me because I couldn't shut up about how much song this sucked.

White Stripes-Seven Nation army This god-awful excuse for song was popular around the time I had my worst job and experienced an all-around awful year.

skategreen said:
Thank Gawwwwwwwwwd. You're sobering up. Yes RO, there is indeed hope. Lie back down on my couch and I'll continue to feed you chicken soup.

And Whilst I do, I'll put on ZZ Tops, "Cheap Sunglasses".

C'mon baby, ya gotta love that one, don'tcha?

Sorry, skate. I do not like anything from ZZTop. Put on some John Coltrane or some Miles Davis and I'll purr like a kitten.

builder said:
What do you think of Robert Cray?

I think the Robert Cray (Band) is an incredibly talent group. I own a copy of every album they have released, except the newest Twenty. I will have it soon.

No one will understand our taste in music, builder.

RoyalOrleans said:
I think the Robert Cray (Band) is an incredibly talent group. I own a copy of every album they have released, except the newest Twenty. I will have it soon.

My ex has my entire LP collection. My son has burnt them all to disk for me.

Such a soothing, yet angst-filled man, that Robert Cray.

I forgot all about Savoy Brown.
They were a good band in their time. I just downloaded street corner talking in your honor RO.

RoyalOrleans said:

Hell its what I grew up with. Your list had pretty much all the good old stuff, although I'd build on it some.

But then again I'm a good music fanatic. I don't care about the time it was made or the genre, I just love alot of ****.

From Alice In Chains,
-The Dire Straits,
- Bach,
-2Pac,
-Nick Drake (The most beautiful male voice ever. look up the song River Man if you've not heard him before.)
-KMFDM,
-Rammstien,
-Aphex Twin,
-Little Richard
-Daft Punk,
-The Tragically Hip.
-Moby,
-Paul Simon,
-The Black mages
-Moon Sorrow
-Tosca Torso
-Eric Clapton
-Tori Amos
-The Ditty Bops
-The Cranberries
-Coldplay
-Elvis
-Flogging Molly (Oh Irish drinking rock!)
-Frou Frou
-Queens of the Stonage
-Ray Charles
-Mediaeval Babies
-Matthew Good
-Foo Fighters
-Marvin Gaye
-Mamas and Papas
-Bowie
-Nirvana
-System of a Down
-Bare Naked Ladies
-Psyche Abandoned
-Pink Floyd
-Tom Petty
-Paul McCartney
-Wassabi Collective (Look these folks up, they're incredable! They just refuse to sign on with a label.)

...And I should probably stop before I take up the whole page. :D

The point is so long as it's well done, whatever 'It' may be, its worthy of respect.

eisanbt said:
Hell its what I grew up with. Your list had pretty much all the good old stuff, although I'd build on it some.

The Dire Straits - Love Dire Straits
- Bach - What do they sing? Kidding... not a classical critic.
-2Pac - Hate the *******.
-Nick Drake - Who?
-KMFDM - What?
-Rammstien - No ****in' way.
-Aphex Twin - Pretty good, honorable mention.
-Little Richard - Nope.
-Daft Punk - Huh?
-The Tragically Hip - Tragically horrible.
-Moby - Pretty cool, but I'm not a big fan of Techno.
-Paul Simon - Jews should own record labels, not make them.
-The Black mages - Who?
-Moon Sorrow - What?
-Tosca Torso - Who?
-Eric Clapton - I've been a big fan for a long time, however the Unplugged album was not his best work.
-Tori Amos - Not a big fan.
-The Ditty Bops - How about Shitty Drop? Never heard of them.
-The Cranberries - Yeah... ok, I guess.
-Coldplay - Nope.
-Elvis - I love Elvis. I mean, I freakin' love Elvis. He's the man.
-Flogging Molly - who?
-Frou Frou - wtf?
-Queens of the Stonage - who?
-Ray Charles - I can't see ****! Love Ray!
-Mediaeval Babies - This is getting ridiculous! Never heard of them.
-Matthew Good - I prefer Matthew Sweet.
-Foo Fighters - They rock, sometimes.
-Marvin Gaye - I said, Marvin Gaye.
-Mamas and Papas - Nah.
-Bowie - Nope.
-Nirvana - Not a favorite, but worth mentioning.
-System of a Down - nope.
-Bare Naked Ladies - sucks
-Psyche Abandoned - never heard of them.
-Pink Floyd - I mentioned the Floyd.
-Tom Petty - Love Tom Petty.
-Paul McCartney - The worse concert that I've EVER been to was a Paul McCartney concert... and I've seen Vanilla Ice!
-Wassabi Collective - Tastes better in a sauce.

eisanbt said:
Well afraid I'm I can't give you many links RO but you can give The Ditty Bop a go as their all their stuff is online....

http://thedittybops.com/songs-play-breeze.htm

http://thedittybops.com/songs-play-yellow.htm

http://thedittybops.com/songs-play-wake.htm

And a Video...

http://www.warnerreprise.com/asx/thedittybops_shortstacks-video_450-v.asx

These are just a few songs of course, and if you don't like the music you can still buy th bicycle bikini calender :D

http://thedittybopscalendar.com/

Boring, uninspired, mediocre post-Blondie bullshit.

RoyalOrleans said:
Muddy Waters
Howlin' Wolf
Marvin Gaye
Lou Rawls
Rush
The Allman Bros. Band
Led Zeppelin
Styx
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull
Chicago
Boston
Emerson Lake and Palmer
Alice In Chains
Pearl Jam
Stone Temple Pilots
Elvis
Frank Sinatra
Etta James
Gorillaz
et.al.

Glad I read this. You just reminded me to download some Frank Sinatra, Rush, Pearl Jam and Chicago! (And Ray Charles!)

Squeee.
So..drugged on advil and vodka. Everything is all happy right now! Good music..good. yesssss.

TheJenn88 said:
Glad I read this. You just reminded me to download some Frank Sinatra, Rush, Pearl Jam and Chicago! (And Ray Charles!)

Squeee.
So..drugged on advil and vodka. Everything is all happy right now! Good music..good. yesssss.

Down Smeagol! Down!

RoyalOrleans said:
Down Smeagol! Down!

Lord of the Rings! Brilliant idea! I shall watch that!
Good grief. I'm so hopped up on over the counter drugs. It's like I've got an internal fight between the drowsy medications, and the excitable ones. I think the excitable ones are winning. I am sooooooooooooooooooo ...awake. I haven't slept in days!! But now I can watch all 3 movies!11 That's something to do!!

God, I hate being sick.

Oh no. I just spilt hot chocolate all over me. Hahahahaha. Oh welllll. Yesssss. It doesn't even taste good. More like rotten fish. Clogged sinuses. **** that ****.
****. I love that word.

TheJenn88 said:
Lord of the Rings! Brilliant idea! I shall watch that!
Good grief. I'm so hopped up on over the counter drugs. It's like I've got an internal fight between the drowsy medications, and the excitable ones. I think the excitable ones are winning. I am sooooooooooooooooooo ...awake. I haven't slept in days!! But now I can watch all 3 movies!11 That's something to do!!

God, I hate being sick.

Oh no. I just spilt hot chocolate all over me. Hahahahaha. Oh welllll. Yesssss. It doesn't even taste good. More like rotten fish. Clogged sinuses. **** that ****.
****. I love that word.

Well... bless your pea-pickin' heart, pumpkin.

RoyalOrleans said:
Well... bless your pea-pickin' heart, pumpkin.

Pumpkin....
Guess what I had the other day? Pumpkin cheese cake.
It was disgusting.

Need..sleep..
I bet when I do wake up from eventually falling asleep..I'm going to wonder why I'm even posting. Hell, I'm even talking to myself in the chatroom, hahaha. Wheee.

So.. how are you?
Wow. Cherry flavoured medicine is awesome...