Hollywood trying to change the defenition of a cowboy!

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
****! I just shot coffee out my nose on that one! Well put my brother!

I have to just laugh at the wholesome image of the American cowboy.

Folks, the American cowboy was almost exclusively an uneducated, unbathed, constantly in debt, alcoholic, whore ****ing, brawling, scallywag. They drifted from cattledrive to cattledrive, slept outside or very occasionally in group bunkhouses, and worked for the land and cattle barrons, and I'm absolutely positive, that at some point in time, Little Joe was getting pounded by Hoss and sucking Adam's **** along the trail. :eek:

Do you actually think that gay people are something "new" today? LMAO.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Christian values and cowboys are not synonomous.

Having lived in Texas for many years I can vouch for the above image of the cowboy.
Theres a cowboy bar up the road from where my Mom lives, they don't serve beer in glass bottles because the cowboys knock the neck off them and fight with them...NICE Christian values there.

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
****! I just shot coffee out my nose on that one! Well put my brother!

I have to just laugh at the wholesome image of the American cowboy.

Folks, the American cowboy was almost exclusively an uneducated, unbathed, constantly in debt, alcoholic, whore ****ing, brawling, scallywag. They drifted from cattledrive to cattledrive, slept outside or very occasionally in group bunkhouses, and worked for the land and cattle barrons, and I'm absolutely positive, that at some point in time, Little Joe was getting pounded by Hoss and sucking Adam's **** along the trail. :eek:

Do you actually think that gay people are something "new" today? LMAO.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Christian values and cowboys are not synonomous.

You ought to hear me rant about the white and black trash here in Georgia. Geez... what a bunch of welfare hounds.

Country Pride said:
You liberals can say what you want. But a cowboy is a person who is a real hard working Christian man. Who makes his living by the sweat on his brow and the calices on his hands. So why the hell is there a movie out now about two queer ass cowboys. I think it's just another way these lefty *****s in Hollywood are trying to change history and what a cowboy is and what he stands for.:mad:

Buddy....it's a ****ing movie.

And as far as queers are concerned, gay men come from ALL walks of life. Backwoods hillbillies are no exception. Especially the variety that ride bulls for a living. And those "lefty *****s" arent' exactly "lefty". They're capitalist as ****. Make money off the gay agenda and laugh all the way to the bank. Hardly liberal (let alone communist)

They're capitalist as ****. Make money off the gay agenda and laugh all the way to the bank. Hardly liberal

Exactly my brother. Gay men have money to, and Hollywood wants it.

Country Pride said:
You liberals can say what you want. But a cowboy is a person who is a real hard working Christian man. Who makes his living by the sweat on his brow and the calices on his hands. So why the hell is there a movie out now about two queer ass cowboys. I think it's just another way these lefty *****s in Hollywood are trying to change history and what a cowboy is and what he stands for.:mad:

There's a little something called "dramtic liscence," have you heard of it? Just because your ass dosen't like something dosen't mean the whole world has to stop what it's doing and believe what you do, ****sock and as a "queer," as you so eloquently put it, I hope you and your costume burn in the seventh circle of hell.

Damn we're a welcoming bunch! (Best to eliminate the toilet residue hastely anyhow I guess)

eisanbt said:
Damn we're a welcoming bunch! (Best to eliminate the toilet residue hastely anyhow I guess)

You've got to admit, Eisanbt, that was one of the goddamn stupidest posts seen around here for some time. It's a pretty rare thing when someone comes along and sticks up for the image of cowboys. Are they now considered to be a minority?

Oh I concure, shortly after he started this thread I was going to post something along the lines of "OK, is this level of ignorence possilbe while still having a mind capable other such simple things as breathing and circulation?" But then I closed the window by accident and didn't care enough to remedy the mistake.

It's really quite astonishing.

Komrade Vostok Hazard said:
Buddy....it's a ****ing movie.

And as far as queers are concerned, gay men come from ALL walks of life. Backwoods hillbillies are no exception. Especially the variety that ride bulls for a living. And those "lefty *****s" arent' exactly "lefty". They're capitalist as ****. Make money off the gay agenda and laugh all the way to the bank. Hardly liberal (let alone communist)
It's a movie ?? I thought it was a documentary. Aren't all cowboys gay anyway ?? I could have sworn they were.

phreakwars said:
It's a movie ?? I thought it was a documentary. Aren't all cowboys gay anyway ?? I could have sworn they were.

LOL, funny you should say that.
The other morning on The View (I can't take credit for her joke is the only reason I mention this) Joy (the red head) pointed that same thing out. Its way too much accessorizing going on for them to be straight.
I have seen first hand how they are, in the area of Texas where I lived, it had to be ONLY Wrangler Jeans, ONLY Justin boots, only certain kinds of shirts. You had to have a black felt hat for the winter and a straw for the summer. Hats could only be Resistal or Stetson. No fancy bands on the hats please. AND the biggest damn belt buckle you could carry...I used to refer to them as bullet deflectors...
Call me sexest but I'm just not into a man who has that much going on with his fashion...
I dated a guy one time (for a short time), I would watch him getting dressed before we would go out and he was just too damn fussy for my taste.

Lethalfind said:
LOL, funny you should say that.
The other morning on The View (I can't take credit for her joke is the only reason I mention this) Joy (the red head) pointed that same thing out. Its way too much accessorizing going on for them to be straight.
I have seen first hand how they are, in the area of Texas where I lived, it had to be ONLY Wrangler Jeans, ONLY Justin boots, only certain kinds of shirts. You had to have a black felt hat for the winter and a straw for the summer. Hats could only be Resistal or Stetson. No fancy bands on the hats please. AND the biggest damn belt buckle you could carry...I used to refer to them as bullet deflectors...
Call me sexest but I'm just not into a man who has that much going on with his fashion...
I dated a guy one time (for a short time), I would watch him getting dressed before we would go out and he was just too damn fussy for my taste.

Speaking of their clothes-and cowboys being gay, what's with these people and wearing jeans that are three sizes too small?

and aside from all that, you also can't forget the fact that they ride bulls for a living

Lethalfind said:
Who the **** says a Cowboy has to be a Christian, your an idiot.
Your paranoid as well, sometimes a movie is just a movie. NOT a conspiracy.
Why? Because i own Three horses, Grew up on a ranch out side of Cheyenne, WN and work as a farm hand in Nebraska. So I'm sure i qualifie as a cowboy.

Roy Rodgers and Gene Autry must be rollin' in there graves to find out about this movie fagback mountain.

Jhony5 said:
I think our new friend has held fast to an old hollywood stereotype of cowboys. Newsflash, this just in, Roy Rodgers wasn't actually a ****ing cowboy, more at eleven.

Actually Roy Rodgers was a real cowboy from Garrison, Texas.

Country Pride said:
Jhony5 said:
I think our new friend has held fast to an old hollywood stereotype of cowboys. Newsflash, this just in, Roy Rodgers wasn't actually a ****ing cowboy, more at eleven.

Oh great, another ****ing delusional redneck.

Ever here of www.imdb.com ?

"Roy Rodgers

Date of birth:
5 November 1911, Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Died:
6 July 1998
Apple Valley, California, USA. (congestive heart failure)

Roy Rogers (born Leonard Slye) moved to California in 1930, aged 18. He played in such musical groups as The Hollywood Hillbillies, Rocky Mountaineers, Texas Outlaws, and his own group, the International Cowboys. In 1934 he formed a group with Bob Nolan and Tim Spencer called Sons of the Pioneers. While in that group he was known as Leonard Slye, then Dick Weston, and finally Roy Rogers. Their songs included "Cool Water" and "Tumbling Tumbleweeds". They first appeared in the western Rhythm on the Range (1936), starring Bing Crosby and Martha Raye. In 1937 Rogers went solo, and made his first starring film in 1938, Under Western Stars (1938). He made almost 100 films. "The Roy Rogers Show" (1951) ran on CBS from October 1951 through September 1964.

Born into humble surroundings, he left Ohio in 1929 for California, where he worked as a transient fruit picker before forming a musical group, "The Rocky Mountaineers," with several friends. Evolving into "The Sons of the Pioneers," the group sang Western songs on radio and, beginning in 1935, in films-the Thelma Todd/Patsy Kelly short Slightly Static and a feature called The Old Homestead. In 1936, billed as Dick Weston, he appeared with the Sons in The Old Corral one of Gene Autry's musical Westerns, which put the newly formed Republic Pictures on the Hollywood map.

When Autry went on strike for more money in 1938, Republic held auditions for a replacement, and Westonrechristened Roy Rogers-got the job. His first starring film, Under Western Stars (1938), was an instant smash, and an eyeopener to the Republic brass; although Autry was quick to compromise with studio management, Rogers was retained to star in a competing series. He made eight Westerns per season, playing historical figures in Billy the Kid Returns (1938), Young Buffalo Bill, Young Bill Hickok (both 1940), and Jesse James at Bay (1941), among others. He rode a magnificent palomino stallion initially named Golden Cloud (who'd carried Olivia de Havilland in The Adventures of Robin Hood but renamed Trigger for Roy's films, and was usually accompanied by grizzled sidekick George "Gabby" Hayes.

After Autry went into the Army in 1942, the studio bought hit tunes and promoted bigger budgets for Rogers' vehicles, beginning with Heart of the Golden West (1942). Now backed up by his old friends, the Sons of the Pioneers, and given top production backing, Roy became the screen's top Western star and won the "King of the Cowboys" title. Roy's status was confirmed by a guest appearance (with Trigger) in the all-star Warner Bros. feature Hollywood Canteen (1944), and in the Walt Disney feature Melody Time (1948), in which he and the Sons of the Pioneers sang and told the story (animated by Disney) of "Pecos Bill." In the mid 1940s, the Rogers films eschewed traditional Western plot lines and action sequences in favor of elaborate musical presentations, reflecting Republic president Herbert Yates' infatuation with the Broadway production of "Oklahoma!"; The Cowboy and the Senorita (1944) first teamed Rogers with Dale Evans, then a feisty blonde who often played a "city gal" initially at odds with Roy. She appeared in many of his top 1940s pictures, including Lights of Old Santa Fe (also 1944), Don't Fence Me In (one of Roy's highest-grossing, and best-remembered, series Westerns), Along the Navajo Trail (both 1945), My Pal Trigger and Roll On, Texas Moon (both 1946). Roy, a widower, married Dale in 1947.

By the late 1940s, a new production team had invigorated the series with color photography, more adult plot lines, and an almost sadistic emphasis on violent action. The Sons of the Pioneers left, and were replaced by Foy Willing's Riders of the Purple Sage. When Gabby Hayes departed in 1947, a succession of sidekicksincluding Andy Devine, Gordon Jones, and Pinky Lee-provided comedy relief. Roy's last Republic Western, Pals of the Golden West was released in 1951, and, aside from costarring with Bob Hope in Son of Paleface (1952)-and making a gag cameo in the comedian's Alias Jesse James (1959)-he confined most of his energies to his long-running TV show (1951-57), personal appearances, and recording career. Roy appeared in a moderndress Western, Mackintosh and T.J in 1975; it was a pleasant but decidedly unexciting "comeback" for the King of the Cowboys. Roy also lent his name to a chain of fast-food restaurants, eventually bought by the Marriott Corporation, and made frequent personal appearances at the openings. Open-heart surgery and other health problems curtailed his workload in the 1980s, but in 1987 he and Dale taped a series of reminiscences to introduce their old movies for cable TV, and in 1991 he was prevailed upon to record a new album, called "Tribute," which served as a valedictory for his career. "

Imagine that...not one word of being a cowboy in Garrison, Texas. But then again he was probably referring to:

Roy Rogers, (936) 715-9527, 2254 Boatman Rd, Garrison, TX 75946

who we always use when we refer to "Roy Rogers and Gene Autry":rolleyes:

Country Pride said:
Why! Because i own Three horses, Grew up on a ranch out side of Cheyenne, WN and work as a farm hand in Nebraska. So I'm sure i qualifie as a cowboy.

Roy Rodgers and Gene Autry must be rollin' in there graves to find out about this movie fagback mountain.

LOL, so your a cowboy and you say your a Christian, therefore all cowboys must be Christians...

I do have to say you have the intelligence of most of the cowboys I have met. Spent too much time in the horse **** and not enough time in school my friend.

I always figured cowboys boots didn't have laces on them because cowboys were too dumb to tie their shoes.

Country Pride said:
Why! Because i own Three horses, Grew up on a ranch out side of Cheyenne, WN and work as a farm hand in Nebraska. So I'm sure i qualifie as a cowboy.
I've been around horses my whole life & also own some, but i'm not a cowboy. What kinda farming do you do in Nebr. I know some people who live there and they say not all FARMERS are COWBOYS.
Roy Rodgers and Gene Autry must be rollin' in there graves to find out about this movie fagback mountain

How about the Lone Ranger is he pissed too? And how about Tonto was he a native American cowboy. And wasn't one of them gay?

You know.. this is what's wrong with the world of country in general.. People trying to define it as a fashion statement and a role.

So lets see, what is the COWBOY fashion statement :

Boots (A.K.A. **** kickers)
Big belt buckle (anybody know why ?:eek: )
Denim jeans
Gay ass button up shirt
And finally, that ****ing hat.

Other accesories would be a can of skoal, a confederate flag, a pick up truck and a dog.

So if I got all this ****... (OK, ALREADY GOT THE DOG), and started prancing around, I am now COUNTRY I would suppose.

Farm hand in Nebraska you say ??

Hmm, yeah, I know a few of them around here... they are all tweekers and listen to Linkin' Park.... Not a ****ing one wares the gay ass cowboy type cliched outfit.

The one's that DO ware them however, are pretty much dumb son of a bitches, and they are only doing people a favor by waring the COWBOY fashion.. They are simply flagging themselves as idiots that should be avoided...

And why is it the Village people had a cowboy character... and why do all the police academy movies have cowboys that are gay..

There must be something to this after all... I mean just because a movie is about a couple of gay cowboys, does not mean it hasn't been seen before. If we saw the gay cowboy types in even the 70's, it tells me even back then... young gay men aspired to be rump rangers.

****ing cowboy fags make me laugh.

quietly kicks back and cranks up the "Pearl Jam - Even Flow" MP3

The real cowboys I have known probably think as highly of you, the stereo typed computer geek, as you do of the stereo typed cowboy. Until you met each other. He would be your best friend when you needed to know how to gear up for the everyday outdoors. You would be his best friend when he needed to know how to set up livestock futures on his computer.
The "dress up" cowboys are a joke in anybodys group, just like wanna be ganstas.

Country Pride said:

I'm sure Roy Rodgers, if he were an actual cowboy, would love to nail ol' Gene in the bunghole while watching Brokeback Mountain.

Country Pride said:

No...no...no.......

Are you an idiot? Just because Roy passed through Garrison or stopped at the local greasy spoon to take a dump, doesn't make him a Texan or a Cowboy.

Everything in Texas is bigger, they say. Even the lies.

Back