Kids In Cages???

Komrade Vostok Hazard said:
And no I don't exactly hate the world or people for no reason, there's just lots of of things that happen and a lot of things people do that really piss me off. Such as not being able to pull the stick out of their asses.

I tend to think people on an individual bases are alright, but people as a whole are idiots.

So true. There are too many people around that just think everything is a big game or a big joke. I could think of a number of examples, and their ignorance tends to get quite annoying.
I agree, but at the same time, no one should walk around with their feeling on their shoulders. Especially on this site...

There are 'serious topics', ie. child abuse, and there are not so 'serious topics', ie. what you decide to throw on in the morning. It's probably useful to be able to distinguish between the two.

skategreen said:
I would like your bear claw. Want to trade it for a puked up cat hairball necklace?
Ewe, yuck. I think I'll stick with my bear claw, but thanks anyway.

tizz said:
Komrade, I have to say that what cracks me up about you is that you consider yourself unique. The other thing that surprises me is that at your age you still consider yourself unique. No offence butthe last time I saw an outfit as you describe it was teh last time I happened to be driving by the local highschool at 3:30 pm on a school day. (I have even seen a few of the outfits I willed to the drama dept at graduation on these kids) I respect the need (LIke I said I was punk myself) but you should know by now that you are from unique or different

Once again I don't consider myself to be unique. I'm perfectly aware of the fact that there are many others doing any given thing that I'm doing at the same time. And I don't care. When I do something I do it because I like it. I don't give a damn what someone else is doing. I give a damn about what I like.

I see you also mentioned "age", and assume that I'm going to let my life be ruled by a number. That is NOT going to happen. I'm going to do what I jolly well feel like.

Once again I don't consider myself to be unique. I'm perfectly aware of the fact that there are many others doing any given thing that I'm doing at the same time. And I don't care. When I do something I do it because I like it. I don't give a damn what someone else is doing. I give a damn about what I like.

I see you also mentioned "age", and assume that I'm going to let my life be ruled by a number. That is NOT going to happen. I'm going to do what I jolly well feel like.

What you are hearing is the roar of a cheering section.

Here's the latest I could find on the occurance:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/24/caged.children.ap/index.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- When Jesse and Jenna Gravelle heard the stories about a couple forcing their 11 adopted children to sleep in cages, they weren't surprised to hear their father and stepmother's names.
What shocked them, Jesse Gravelle said, was that adoption agencies would place children in Michael and Sheron Gravelle's custody.
"My dad and stepmother were pretty much cruel and neglectful," Jesse Gravelle, now 32, said Friday.
"There were no cages," his sister Jenna Gravelle, 31, said in a separate interview, but "both my brother and I felt like prisoners. We had to fend for ourselves."
The siblings described teenage years spent working long hours to pay for food and rent at their father's home, and said Jenna as a sixth-grader was temporarily removed from the home by social services over allegations that their father inappropriately touched her.
Still no charges filed. As far as I know, the authorities haven't released any information as to their investigation.

About a year or two ago there was a case in Canada. The "Blackstock Boys" - apparently they were kept under house arrest and tied up, or somethign to that effect for their entire childhood, and it finally ended up going to court. The parents didn't even get a slap on the wrist because the judge thought that the parents truely believed they were acting in the best interest of the children. twitch

Without proper nurture, a child cannot develop property. Being raised as a feral has serious ramifications. A child cannot speak, live, or do anything for themselves and literally have been taught to be mentally retarded, and generally cannot recover. It's really sad =(

skategreen said:
Looks like there are a few of us here who could be quite comforable raiding each other's closets....

Ohhhh let's turn this whole thread into a pajama thread!! I thought I was one of the few people who ever wore PJs anywhere and everywhere ..

"PJs, not just an article of clothing, but a way of Life!"

On one of my cross country flights a few years back..I was to get in in the wee hours and it was a long flight. So I said to heck with it and wore my PJs. Now most of the time I'd wear the funky bottom's with hoodies or tees out and about...but I'd just gotten this GREAT pair of PJs, with the bottom top matching....the long sleeved flannel kind...adorned with big fat fluffy white Sheep...

So I wore them...and was sitting in a lounge waiting for my flight...struck up a conversation with a lady in a nice peach colored business suit.

At one point she tenatively comments, "you know, your outfit looks very comfortable! It almost looks like you're wearing pajamas!"

I smiled widely and told her, "I AM!!!" ...and then showed her what had been sleeping under the table....my feet ... in Hedgehog Slippers.

Reminds me of a great song

Here's an update on the story.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051208...QZlgU6s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-
NORWALK, Ohio - A boy whose parents are accused of making their special-needs adopted children sleep in cages testified Thursday that the couple forced him to live in the bathroom as punishment for urinating in his enclosed bed.
On another occasion, Sharen and Michael Gravelle forced him to stay in his "box" for up to two weeks, the school-age boy said at the Juvenile Court custody hearing.
"I couldn't come out of my room until I wrote the whole book of Deuteronomy," he said. "I was up there for like a month."
The boy said he has grown tired of his box.
"Do you want to go back to live with the Gravelles?" prosecutor Jennifer DeLand asked.
"I don't know," he replied.
The Gravelles are trying to regain custody of the 11 children, ages 1 to 15, who have problems such as fetal alcohol syndrome,
HIV and a disorder in which children eat dirt.
The Gravelles were accused of making most of them sleep in cages but have not been charged with any crime. The parents say the enclosures with alarms were meant to protect youngsters with behavioral problems.
Sharen Gravelle shook her head "no" frequently during his testimony and has said the children have lied to investigators.
Under cross-examination from the Gravelles' attorney, Kenneth Myers, the boy testified that he didn't know whether he loved his parents but "I like them. They're good parents."
The boy admitted lying often when he was younger and being violent and abusive toward his siblings.
In earlier testimony, the boy said most of his brothers and sisters slept on wood with blankets but no pillows or mattresses in the cages.
One girl's head was shoved in a toilet by a parent because she was drinking water out of it, and another had her head pushed into a toilet because she urinated in bed, the boy said.
The boy testified that he had to sleep in the bathroom for nearly three months because he wet his bed at night.
"Another time, I spent a good portion of my life in there," he said. "If I was really good, I'd get to come out for an hour."
The children were removed from the home in September, after a child-services investigator visited the home and examined the chicken-wire cages. In testimony this week, the county investigator, Jo Ellen Johnson, compared the home to a kennel.
Judge Timothy Cardwell will determine whether the children were abused or neglected. If the allegations are not proved, the Gravelles could regain custody.
The boy who testified Thursday did not look at his parents when he entered the courtroom but smiled slightly when DeLand asked him to point to them.
The boy testified that the children would set off a shrill alarm when they opened an enclosure door at night. They were let out when their parents were ready for them in the morning, he said.
He described various punishments for wetting the bed. "We'd have to go upstairs and scrub it. The younger ones would get spanked. We would have to go pull a bucket of weeds," he said.
"When he wet the bed, the boy said, he often had to stand outside "just in my wet pajamas" until the other children were finished using the bathroom.
I wonder what the other children had to say about this. If this is true, these people are ****ing sick. And the system fails again.

Back