Overall Opinions - Minutes to Midnight? and New Linkin Park Overall?

What is your overall opinion of Minutes to Midnight? and New Linkin Park Overall?

• Kickass!

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Not Bad

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Not Sure if I Like it or Not

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • OK, But Old LP is Better

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Not Really A Fan of Minutes to Midnight

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
Well, sorry i won't do it from now on. I can't believe some people got into the cd. It doesn't really sound like LP. i did give it a chance, but, they changed to much way to fast. They got a lot of fans, you know and we were waiting around for a long time for their new ablum and they hit us with mtm. i guess i just don't get it. maybe thats why. i just don't get into the songs.

Well, sorry i won't do it from now on. I can't believe some people got into the cd. It doesn't really sound like LP. i did give it a chance, but, they changed to much way to fast. They got a lot of fans, you know and we were waiting around for a long time for their new ablum and they hit us with mtm. i guess i just don't get it. maybe thats why. i just don't get into the songs.
Yeah they should keep making the same music over and over again.

well like azem said HHH is awesome!!!
really good and strong lyrics from Mike and the the singing part at the end... AWESOME
SOTD is also on of my favs good solid nice track
BIO pwns all
IP and TLTGYA is a nice way to finish the album with both song being awesome
boy its a good album
how can one hate it??

*nods* a really good album.
The only song I can't seem to listen to throughly is In Between...
They should've used 'No Roads Left' instead =/
Overall, a great album!

another thing i don't like is how they cuss.

it just doesn't sound good coming from them.

i mean i stand words like ****, but hearing them say **** on a cd is weird to me.

don't get me wrong i could care less if a song has the **** in it.

be hearing it come from linkin park on a studio cd is weird.

and yes i know they swear a lot at their shows, and that doesn't bother me.

ya your right...
i mean their old style was so cool, i could listen to another 1000000 HT's no problem
NOT
Your not very good at detecting sarcasm are you?

Why did you join these forums then if you didn't love Hybrid Theory and Meteora?
I liked them, but not so much anymore. I only listen to a few songs from each album now that are on my Ipod. I couldn't listen to each album over again. I'm not one of those over zealous fans who thinks they're the best albums ever and that Minutes to Midnight is garbage "which is what the general conseus seems to be by a lot of people." To me Minutes to Midnight is the best thing they've ever done. So I guess I feel the opposite of everyone else. You make it seem like there is something odd about that.

Alot of you people who are dissing HT and Meteora are so dumb. Saying that the new album would sound like the other stuff is bad? That doesn't make sense. Listening to that made you like them and now your saying you wouldn't wanna hear new stuff like that? Stupid.

Thats who Linkin Park is and I'll say it again, if you don't like it go listen to another band. The new LP sucks, plain and simple.

(Confusion occurs when fans and non-ish fans clash at each other defending and dissing LP's new/old style. You don't know who's saying what. Especially if you haven't heard the album like me. :D)

I loved it.
I've grown up with Linkin Park...and now, four years later, they are still relevant to my life...my experience...my struggles.
That speaks alot of thier direction. I feel like they are staying relevant with thier core base.

i'm gonna just agree with everything in this quote. i love it. i've been listening to them for probably three or four years, and i can still say "dude, i know what he means" or "hey that happened to me". that, to me, is freakin' awesome.

i still would've changed a few things though... more scratching and more rapping. still, the verses that mike did rap were kickass.

if you don't have it, find No Roads Left. totally worth it.

im sure alot of the comments werent aimed at alot of us that dont like the album that we would rather listen to HT/meteora olver and over again? such generalistic crap, iono how many people have comented saying the albums good but they miss a link to the past, its good that LP have moved away and changed, but alot of us still feel that maybe they changed too drastically and left alot of the old core fans. its just maybe some of us cant express it...normally and thus use alot of cuss words and such. but invariably what the problem is among the haters of the new sound/album is the fact that LP have taken what they used to be, what alot of the fans loved and what brought them into LP in the first place is now almost completely gone

Hazi[LP]Tonz;491168 said:
im sure alot of the comments werent aimed at alot of us that dont like the album that we would rather listen to HT/meteora olver and over again? such generalistic crap, iono how many people have comented saying the albums good but they miss a link to the past, its good that LP have moved away and changed, but alot of us still feel that maybe they changed too drastically and left alot of the old core fans. its just maybe some of us cant express it...normally and thus use alot of cuss words and such. but invariably what the problem is among the haters of the new sound/album is the fact that LP have taken what they used to be, what alot of the fans loved and what brought them into LP in the first place is now almost completely gone

Awesome way to put it.

What brought them into LP in the first place is now almost completely gone. That's perfect.

They changed to fast and to much, I dunno..I don't like it as much.

Back