Request: Renomination / public nomination for LPF Awards

Should the awards be done over with the members being able to nominate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.
Nobody cares what you say either.
All you're doing is acting like an immature, prepubescent fifteen year old boy who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas from mommy and daddy.
Deal with it, maybe santa will give you something other than coal next year.
:thumbsup:

You complain about it being a popularity contest.. but if the members decided the nominations, it would be 100x worse. How can you not see that?

So let me ask you something. I'm sure you consider yourself more popular than the average user, does that mean you'd be pissed off if you were on the list? I mean, gosh, you're so popular, but you're an anti-popular activist. How does that work?

pwnT?

I think we should all settle this over some chocolate ice cream!

O and this topic should soooooooo be closed, it has no use.

I don't see how he can't see that having the members nominate makes it even more of a popularity contest. If the members nominate, they are all just going to nominate their friends.

It's not all that hard to grasp..

misery said:
I don't see how he can't see that having the members nominate makes it even more of a popularity contest. If the members nominate, they are all just going to nominate their friends.

It's not all that hard to grasp..

It is to immature prepubescent fifteen year old boys who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas from mommy and daddy :thumbsup:

who woulda thought a meaningingless INTERNET based contest would cause so much turmoil between the............ rrrrrrrm well between mark.

Only u could stage a 1 man protest cant u mark lol

IMHO, since this year has a lot of new threads revealing new talent, I.E. PHOTOGRAPHY and REMIXING, i think there should be threads correlating to those skills.

I dont think I would win either categories but it would make the voting significantly more interesting.

$0.02

This is not directed to anyone in peticular...

Well, NEXT YEAR we will ask for more of the communities input...
...but until then this is what we have... DEAL WITH IT!

UnhingedMouse0 said:
This is not directed to anyone in peticular...

Well, NEXT YEAR we will ask for more of the communities input...
...but until then this is what we have... DEAL WITH IT!

yuck, thats not nice

Community should have input in the first place... if thats not the case, its just the mods opinion's and nothing else....

Just my opinion. I'm not gonna sugar coat my opinion.

I voted yes, but not because I want this years awards to be redone, but for the years to come to be member nominations.

I appreciate that the mods put alot of work into choosing the nominees, so I think we should all just be happy and accept it.

but yeh, more community input is needed.

If the members chose the nominations it would be nothing but a popularity contest, not to mention it would be pointless to have the members pick nominees and then pick the winner. That's just stupid. They may as well just pick the winner and that's it, that's all. Not to mention the fact that it would be HELL ON EARTH trying to have every single LPF member to agree on 5 nominees.

The mods easily have the biggest oppurtunity to judge and see who is worthy of being nominated, since they oversee EVERYTHING. Besides, they have been made mods because they know how to be fair.

This is the way any awards work. Go look at the Grammy's or some other award show. The people in charge run the show, and make the nominations. Be glad you get any choice at all, the mods could just pick a winner themselves.

Take what you can get. This system works fine. Well, except for all the needless complaining.

misery said:
If the members chose the nominations it would be nothing but a popularity contest, not to mention it would be pointless to have the members pick nominees and then pick the winner. That's just stupid. They may as well just pick the winner and that's it, that's all.

The mods easily have the biggest oppurtunity to judge and see who is worthy of being nominated, since they oversee EVERYTHING. Besides, they have been made mods because they know how to be fair.

This is the way any awards work. Go look at the Grammy's or some other award show. The people in charge run the show, and make the nominations. Be glad you get any choice at all, the mods could just pick a winner themselves.

Take what you can get. This system works fine. Well, except for all the needless complaining.

I have to disagree there sorry.

Ok, maybe the Grammys is run by a set panel of people, but look at most other award cermonys and reality tv etc. Its all "txt such and such to this number, to keep Mr X in the game" or "vote who you think should win the award etc." More and more these days, awards cermonies and tv shows are looking to the public to choose who they want to see nominated.

Plus, its a popularity competion anyway, regardless of wether the community chooses, or the mods choose. Although i think you will get more variation in nominees if the community was voting. Like it was said somewhere earlier, the lists of nominees are repeatative, looks pretty similar to last year from what i remember of it.

Plus the mods dont ever see anymore then the community itself. I mean, there is also alot of stuff that happens behind the scences, for example PM's, I have had many a member PM me asking for help, and i have given it, and i have also PM'ed alot of members asking for help, and recieved it.

But honestly, who's going to be here next year? I'm off to college and I'm sure many of you are as well.

Was there anything democratic about it? I haven't heard anything about this until the actual, official thread just now. This is all news to me

Good luck to all the folks that got nominateddd

misery said:
If the members chose the nominations it would be nothing but a popularity contest, not to mention it would be pointless to have the members pick nominees and then pick the winner. That's just stupid. They may as well just pick the winner and that's it, that's all. Not to mention the fact that it would be HELL ON EARTH trying to have every single LPF member to agree on 5 nominees.

We understand. But if you're not trying to see anything from our point of veiw, no one is gonna listen to you... and thats the truth... I'm sorry.

No offense to the mods... but what makes them so different from the people when it comes to popularity contests. The mods may not know enough or have seen enough from people to even make the nessisary nominations. If a person is well known on these forums, then obviously thier name would come up when considering nominations, even if they aren't the best choice for said catagory.

And thats my expanded opinion... still no sugar to be found.

Vash_the_Stampede said:
Ahh... I love it when hard work is thrown back into the faces of which it came...

I'm sure it was so back-breakingly difficult and no fun was involved whatsoever.

shadowfax1007 said:
Plus, its a popularity competion anyway, regardless of wether the community chooses, or the mods choose. Although i think you will get more variation in nominees if the community was voting. Like it was said somewhere earlier, the lists of nominees are repeatative, looks pretty similar to last year from what i remember of it.

Plus the mods dont ever see anymore then the community itself. I mean, there is also alot of stuff that happens behind the scences, for example PM's, I have had many a member PM me asking for help, and i have given it, and i have also PM'ed alot of members asking for help, and recieved it.

And that makes alot of sense too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back