Scientology...WTF?

Quarky1.0 said:
Goddamn you have a hard on for me. Yet again Hugo a gogo, sprouts from the river of effluent that spews from what he calls a mouth.
If you actually did a bit of research into the past histories of religion, you will not find a sweet pretty nice little history. Religion has been butchering humanity for centuries, if you don

hugo said:
Just because manking is A. religious and B. Xenophobic and aggressive does not mean A causes B. People who have studied history understand wars are almost always over scarce resources. religion is a great recruiting tool.
Can this be for real ?? For once I can agree with Hugo.

Yeah that was good ,but he is still a smug know it all. I thought people as old as hugo knew to be quiet about being right.

hugo said:
Just because manking is A. religious and B. Xenophobic and aggressive does not mean A causes B. People who have studied history understand wars are almost always over scarce resources. religion is a great recruiting tool.

Horseshit! You don't know what you are talking about here. Go on, cite your examples.

Boy a lot of kudos going around(smooch smooch).:D But Skate does deserve them. She is nice. :p
I thought this was more about Darwinism.

I have never studied this before so I’m coming in this with an objective mind. I have to agree with CES. It is a religion that has some aspects of truth and some bullshit. But of course that's my perspective. Like any religion it’s up the reader to decide to believe or not.
I can agree that some ailments and a lot of symptoms of diseases are psychosomatic and can be cured with positive thought. I don’t however believe that cancer is. Any religion that provokes such thoughts would work to cure these aliments. So in that aspect there is power in religions. Faith would work the same as positive thought.

Lethalfind said:
I don't think how much a person gets from their religion makes it a valid religion...I think how much freedom a person has within this religion has alot to do with deciding if their a cult or not.

Do people have freedom to question the tenants of the faith or are they brain washed into thinking what everyone else does.
The more reliant someone is on their religion the more I wonder about the person, if they can't take a piss without consulting their religion you have to ask yourself who is in control, is it the worshipper or the one being worshipped.

I have some friends who are very religious in the Adventist church but in spite of the fact I no longer practice that religion, they treat me like I'm a member of their family. They have literally sheltered me in time of need, they LIVE their religion, they don't bang on about it, shoving their beliefs down peoples throats...thats a sign of true Christianity to me, I don't think it has to do with the specific religion, its about the person feeling content in where they are in life.

Leth!

You've captured a point here which has always been very important to me. When I first started studying Scientology I was impressed and happy with the following quote.. it's one of the things that allowed me to look further into this new thing:

From an article, "Personal Integrity" by L. Ron Hubbard:

"What is true for you is what you have observed for yourself. And when you lose that you have lost everything. ... towards the end he says,
"Nothing in Dianetics and Scientology is true for you unless you have observed it and it is true according to your observation. That is all."

I first began looking into religion and spirituality when I was 12. My parents scratched their heads when I got up early on Sundays and went to various churches. I very soon found that I could never follow a faith based path. I didn't want to "have to die to find out if it was true". I experimented and found it was easy to just "believe" in something, but the problem was, I could simply stop believing just as easily.

I love the fact that nothing in Scientology is true for me. Nothing. Until I study it, try it out, examine it...and see for myself...if it is true!

jokersarewild said:
You know what, SkateGreen, I jumped to conclusions...I'm sorry.

I have respect for those who seek religion as a way to better themselves, and not just to score "pious points" for the afterlife.

When I say scientology, I mean the retards (like Tom Cruise) who blindly follow it and believe anything it says. Those are the people I am talking about, not SG.

This brings up a valid point though...isn't SG basically practicing Buddhism? It seems to me that bettering your life the way most people describe it is more of a Buddhist thing than in any other religion. Since Buddhism really doesn't have a "God", it is less cult-like than other religions in that it has less "blind faith" rituals.

Apology accepted Good Sir! I have to chuckle..at the idea of 'scoring pious points for the afterlife'. Sounds like a waste of a good life. :) ... as for Buddhism, there are certainly parallels between the two religions and Hubbard gives a tip of the hat to Siddhartha Gautama in many places. Thank you for your graciousness.

skategreen said:
Leth!

You've captured a point here which has always been very important to me. When I first started studying Scientology I was impressed and happy with the following quote.. it's one of the things that allowed me to look further into this new thing:

From an article, "Personal Integrity" by L. Ron Hubbard:

"What is true for you is what you have observed for yourself. And when you lose that you have lost everything. ... towards the end he says,
"Nothing in Dianetics and Scientology is true for you unless you have observed it and it is true according to your observation. That is all."

I first began looking into religion and spirituality when I was 12. My parents scratched their heads when I got up early on Sundays and went to various churches. I very soon found that I could never follow a faith based path. I didn't want to "have to die to find out if it was true". I experimented and found it was easy to just "believe" in something, but the problem was, I could simply stop believing just as easily.

I love the fact that nothing in Scientology is true for me. Nothing. Until I study it, try it out, examine it...and see for myself...if it is true!

I think thats a very interesting quote...I have'nt heard of a religion that says it like that, you have to close your eyes and jump and thats just not me. I have actually thought about looking into Kabala but haven't actually taken the time. Religion honestly frightens me after how I grew up. The moment something started to feel at all like that did, I would be running in the opposite direction.

Cogito Ergo Sum said:
Horseshit! You don't know what you are talking about here. Go on, cite your examples.

Wow, what a simpleton. Let me give examples of wars Americans are familiar with that were over economic resources: the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Civil War (ya don't think slavery was an economic issue?), WW1, WW2, the Cold War. Do y'all think we would be fightin' in Iraq if no oil was in the Middle East? I think the western gold rushes led to a bit of conflict also.

sixes said:
Yeah that was good ,but he is still a smug know it all. I thought people as old as hugo knew to be quiet about being right.

Hugo is the same age as Madonna Ciccone. Try shutting her up. ;)

hugo said:
Wow, what a simpleton. Let me give examples of wars Americans are familiar with that were over economic resources: the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Civil War (ya don't think slavery was an economic issue?), WW1, WW2, the Cold War. Do y'all think we would be fightin' in Iraq if no oil was in the Middle East? I think the western gold rushes led to a bit of conflict also.

Hugo the Blundering...you're not correctly quoting yourself (as usual). Let me help you.

hugo said:
...People who have studied history understand wars are almost always over scarce resources...

Nothing could be further from the truth except perhaps in the times of caveman tribes when "scarcity" was really more of an inability to locate and gather.

Wars are waged and fought for avarice, subjugation, and control or combinations thereof - NOT scarce resources.

To answer your examples correctly...

Revolutionary War - avarice, subjugation & control

War of 1812 - avarice & control

Civil War - avarice & control

WW1 - avarice, subjugation & control

WW2 - avarice, subjugation & control

Cold War - control

Iraq - avarice, control

Furthermore, Scientology is OK, Skategreen is a really nice person, and you are an arrogant asswipe. :p

builder said:
Hugo is the same age as Madonna Ciccone. Try shutting her up. ;)

Well, if one is to believe Mrs. Ritchie's (aka - Madonna Ciccone) reputation which preceeds her, all one needs is a very large penis, which when properly used, would make it impossible for the Bitch to talk at all.:eek:

(I'm pretty sure the Kabbalistic Madonna doesn't have a beef with Scientology either. I do think she'd like Skategreen and detest hugo.) :p

GF Admin said:
HOLY ****ING **** 77.78% of the ****ing moron people on this site voted that Scientology is a ****ing real religion?????
I must say I am absolutely blow away. I have been giving most of you way to much credit, and CES what the ****???

Those of you that are part of the 77.78% that voted that scientology is a real religion….I don’t even know what to say to you morons.

L. Ron Hubbard while a fine writer is not a prophet and if you would do some ****ing real research on the man you would find out that he stated several times that he wanted to start his own religion.

**** I wish I could meet you morons in person, I would sell you so much **** and make you my ****ing mind slaves, you females I would **** mercilessly and you men I would work mercilessly, Jesus H. Christ where the **** do you people come from.

Well it is a religion to some. I didn’t say I believe in it. All religions are just ideals to the believer.

GF Admin said:

The only thing Scientology proves is that all organized religion is bull ****, and that all religions were probably started the same way Scientology was started by a guy with a good story and ability to suck in the week minded and pathetic. Keep enough people out there selling a religion and over time it becomes imbedded, and an institution

Well of course they were started with some guy with a good story. Or some guy with a perception of the inevitable question.
How?
Man keeps looking for this answer even if there is no answer. And that’s were religion comes in. All religions were brought on by fear. The fear of not knowing. Some people can live with the question and other need an answer. They find it were ever they can.

I believe in God.
I think I believe in God mostly through fear. I don’t however believe in everything in any bible, Koran or fiction book for that matter. I want to believe in the there after. I know in my heart that we are not the superior beings or being. There's something more and grander than us. I can't prove it. It's just my feeling.

GF Admin said:
..... L. Ron Hubbard while a fine writer.....

Yes. A fine writer indeed!

Here is the Code of Honor which he wrote:

"An ethical code cannot be enforced. Any effort to enforce the Code of Honor would bring it into the level of a moral code. It cannot be enforced simply because it is a way of life which can exist as a way of life only as long as it is not enforced" ... "The only difference between paradise on Earth and hell on Earth is whether or not you believe your fellow man worthy of receiving from you the friendship and devotion called for in this Code of Honor."

The Code of Honor

1. Never desert a comrade in need, in danger or in trouble.

2. Never withdraw allegiance once granted.

3. Never desert a group to which you owe your support.

4. Never disparage yourself or minimize your strength or power.

5. Never need praise, approval or sympathy.

6. Never compromise with your own reality.

7. Never permit your affinity to be alloyed.

8. Do not give or receive communication unless you yourself desire it.

9. Your self-determinism and your honor are more important than your immediate life.

10. Your integrity to yourself is more important than your body.

11. Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.

12. Never fear to hurt another in a just cause.

13. Don't desire to be liked or admired.

14. Be your own adviser, keep your own counsel and select your own decisions.

15. Be true to your own goals.

Wouldn't it be a terrible world if people were conned into using this?:rolleyes:

GF Admin said:
Jesus H. Christ where the **** do you people come from.

Ontario, Canada to be precise... So you're a believer in Jesus?....

The only thing Scientology proves is that all organized religion is bull ****, and that all religions were probably started the same way Scientology was started by a guy with a good story and ability to suck in the week minded and pathetic. Keep enough people out there selling a religion and over time it becomes imbedded, and an institution

But not religion?

Let people believe what they want. If they think it is a religion, than let it be. Only one leads to heaven anyway right ?? Well than, we'll have to see on the day of judgement (if you believe in one).

skategreen said:

"An ethical code cannot be enforced. Any effort to enforce the Code of Honor would bring it into the level of a moral code. It cannot be enforced simply because it is a way of life which can exist as a way of life only as long as it is not enforced" ... "The only difference between paradise on Earth and hell on Earth is whether or not you believe your fellow man worthy of receiving from you the friendship and devotion called for in this Code of Honor."

The Code of Honor

First of all, NEVER is a hard word to absorb. Life happens.

I agree with this, but only because I believe we should be decent people.

This is absurd. If we didn't need sympathy we wouldn't have funerals. Do you attend funerals for your friends Skate? Your family? Why else expect for offering sympathy.
In addition, we all need praise. Otherwise we wouldn't give stickers to kids for doing a good job. Do you never offer your kids praise? Because this is saying they don't need it.

Whatever the hell this means.

So if your partner wants to talk but you don't desire it, you ignore them? What a way to have a partnership.

9. Your self-determinism and your honor are more important than your immediate life.
Sounds great, but your integrity isn't the one looking for survival in an emergency.

See above.

Regret leads to change. Regret isn't bad, guilt is. If you never regret anything, you can't change your tomorrow.

Contradicts 2 and 3. Oh wait, you have no regrets, so who cares?

This is asnine. Everyone wants to be liked by someone.

14. Be your own adviser, keep your own counsel and select your own
decisions.
So everyone's answer is within themselves. I hate New Age. What a crock. So no Scientologist is a therapist, accountant, doctor? Because you have all the answers self contained within you so why ask any of these professions?

Wouldn't it be a terrible world if people were conned into using this?:rolleyes:

If every one believed their own answers were in themself? If no one lived with regrets because their decisions only affected them? Life doesn't work like that, or at least the world I live in. I think this idiotology would create lonely people because nobody would communicate with each other, because they don't have too. No one would offer praise, sympathy or affection.

skategreen said:

The Code of Honor

14. Be your own adviser, keep your own counsel and select your own decisions.

My god! Ron Hubbord ripped this off of work that came before his and some of it dating back centuries, have a look at SUN TZU and the Bushido code conduct for starters. These are the principles any true martial art teaches its students. If you have been taught than Ron was the first to come up with these principles, then you have been lied to. You wonder you find comfort in your life, you are living it with honor.

Back