Site upgrade!

What about v4 design ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I like the change - but I havent really had a chance to explore everything just yet. Still, diggin' the new look. Long overdue I think. Thanks to all involved ;)

The only thing I don't like is that the posts and everything are
so wide now...and I noticed that you can't access the threads if you click on the symbol for "View Last Post"...so you always have to scroll through the whole thread.....but besides that everything is cool...

The only thing I don't like is that the posts and everything are
so wide now...and I noticed that you can't access the threads if you click on the symbol for "View Last Post"...so you always have to scroll through the whole thread.....but besides that everything is cool...

you've taken the words right outta my mouth. thats what i think too

I noticed that about last posts too Jeez but I also noticed that this happens with threads that their last post was before the site change. Try clicking on any of the last posts that were posted in the last hour for example and you'll see it works fine.

I noticed that about last posts too Jeez but I also noticed that this happens with threads that their last post was before the site change. Try clicking on any of the last posts that were posted in the last hour for example and you'll see it works fine.

yeah...you are right with that...so I guess....it's alright now...:thumbsup:

edit: I also like that user ID thing....is it also new...or have I just not noticed it before?....

I'm user 4951..that's pretty cool

Not to sound like a kiss up or whatever, I like it.. I am happy to see a new change. It may be a little rough around the edges, but once you explore around the new stuff, and get used to the whole shock of the new colors, its fine.. Maybe alittle glitch here and there, but that is expected when you upgrade and update a site.. So, nice job Coredump!

there are some nice new features, me likes
some people said the colors hurt their eyes...well they don't hurt mine
I did like the old black one, but I do like this one as well, feels like a fresh new lpf

of course it has its flaws...but what doesn't...

the more im on the more i kinda like it... but vash was postin the 1st version ever... and honestly i like it more than the current... but its not my choice so i have to take it like that....

I don't like it. Not to be an ass or anything, but it seems like the current design is a step back from where we were. When I look at forums, the first thing that you notice is the layout. Now, I may be guilty of judging a book by it's cover, but most sites that have.. such vibrantly contrasting color schemes such as baby blue, goldish tan, and grey and black, aren't to be taken seriously. Usually the people behind the site are little 12 year old kids who like obnoxious looking things and UsuaLLy Typ LyK Dizz1!!

Now, I know this forum is established and the people behind it are not said 12 year olds, but that's the impression I get from all other sites with schemes like this. I do like to see myself as a kind of, aesthetic architect, if you will, and I'd like to share a couple.. suggestions I have to improve the layout [ in my opinion anyways ]

Stick with v3's general scheme. The looks of v3 were absolutely gorgeous. The only thing I really would have changed would have been the dull pastel blue, and the banner. Otherwise it was great. I would suggest to change that pastel blue to a nice green. Like the Elite color, it just.. flows well.

Ditch the animated buttons/avoid that font! The buttons are insanely large, and my resolution is at 1280x1024. The site shouldn't take up most of the screen like it does. Bigger may be better in most cases, but this isn't one of them. And that font, yes, it's a LP font, and yes LP uses it, but the thing just reminds me of another 12 year old trying to impress his buddies. Sexy and sleek is what we need, not bold and jittery.

I know you may not agree with me, and I know some people have but some hard work into this. I'm not trying to dog them or anything, I'm just saying that I don't think the outcome of their work is.. what everyone wanted. Everyone called for change, but this seems to be change in the wrong direction. I'm not alone when I express my dislike for it.

If whoever is in charge of this wants some expansion or even help with my ideas, I'd be glad to help. As some of you know I am quite well versed in the knowledge of Photoshop, and I'd be glad to lend a helping hand.

I agree about the buttons, they're confusing.
I'm prepared to give this layout a chance to see if it grows on me, but right now I'm not too keen on it to be honest :]

Oh don't worry, I'm prepared to give it a chance too. Not because I want to, but because if I don't like it, I have no real leverage on getting it changed lol.

x.x it took me a while to find the reply button...

anyways, I agree with Hyper all the way. It seems like a step back (even though I'm no one to say anything as I've only been here for about 3 weeks), and in my opinion, I just don't like it. The whole green instead of blue would've been a great idea.

Sorry but I HATE IT =/
hehe we must make a petition thingy >.>

See, I don't mind you putting you sugguestions thats fine.. But when you completly bash it, thats a whole diffrent level.. You may hate it, but don't say that.. Think of something else please.. Like," Its good to see a change, but I would rather this, instead of this" Instead of being NEGATIVE write something you would LIKE to see and not, simply" IT SUXXORZ! BRING THE OLD ONE BACK!"

See, I don't mind you putting you sugguestions thats fine.. But when you completly bash it, thats a whole diffrent level.. You may hate it, but don't say that.. Think of something else please.. Like," Its good to see a change, but I would rather this, instead of this" Instead of being NEGATIVE write something you would LIKE to see and not, simply" IT SUXXORZ! BRING THE OLD ONE BACK!"

Not sure if that's directed to me, but I'm not completely bashing it. I do say negative things, but if you think everything can be said in a positive way and have your point still communicated,, you're gravely mistaken. Anyways, yeah, "It's good to see a change, but I would rather some other sort of change, instead of this."

I find the new layout fairly nice. The only thing is that the spazzing "Post reply" is sort of ticking me off... >< but other than that, i think it's pretty cool :)

No, actually Hyper, I was complimenting you, because you put what you wanted and what you would like to see.. That statement was directed toward people who just post that they hate it, and never say anything else.

I don't like it. Not to be an ass or anything, but it seems like the current design is a step back from where we were. When I look at forums, the first thing that you notice is the layout. Now, I may be guilty of judging a book by it's cover, but most sites that have.. such vibrantly contrasting color schemes such as baby blue, goldish tan, and grey and black, aren't to be taken seriously. Usually the people behind the site are little 12 year old kids who like obnoxious looking things and UsuaLLy Typ LyK Dizz1!!

Now, I know this forum is established and the people behind it are not said 12 year olds, but that's the impression I get from all other sites with schemes like this. I do like to see myself as a kind of, aesthetic architect, if you will, and I'd like to share a couple.. suggestions I have to improve the layout [ in my opinion anyways ]

Stick with v3's general scheme. The looks of v3 were absolutely gorgeous. The only thing I really would have changed would have been the dull pastel blue, and the banner. Otherwise it was great. I would suggest to change that pastel blue to a nice green. Like the Elite color, it just.. flows well.

Ditch the animated buttons/avoid that font! The buttons are insanely large, and my resolution is at 1280x1024. The site shouldn't take up most of the screen like it does. Bigger may be better in most cases, but this isn't one of them. And that font, yes, it's a LP font, and yes LP uses it, but the thing just reminds me of another 12 year old trying to impress his buddies. Sexy and sleek is what we need, not bold and jittery.

I know you may not agree with me, and I know some people have but some hard work into this. I'm not trying to dog them or anything, I'm just saying that I don't think the outcome of their work is.. what everyone wanted. Everyone called for change, but this seems to be change in the wrong direction. I'm not alone when I express my dislike for it.

If whoever is in charge of this wants some expansion or even help with my ideas, I'd be glad to help. As some of you know I am quite well versed in the knowledge of Photoshop, and I'd be glad to lend a helping hand.

Couldn't agree more.
The layout turns me off and makes me just want to not come back anymore >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back