so the new lpu cd sucks

I meant why put money into something you have low expectations of? The problem with LP and the LPU is this.

What might very well of started off as a concept to keep close with fans has changed with the bands popularity. They have the perfect money making scheme/scam or whatever you want to call it.

The band targets a fairly young and impressionable audience in the early - mid teens, teeny booperism occurs in teens, hense the name. This is when a person falls in love with a certain thing and buys into everything and is very impressionable, the LPU is just another outlet for these people to buy into to signify they are a bigger fan then someone else.... great one.

The catch 22 is LP promise NOTHING in return, you have nothing promised to you.... your essentially buying the mystery box & the person that goes for the mystery box never wins. They dont say specificly that you will get new stuff, just exclusive stuff & as long as its not avalible threw another outlet at time of release it is indeed exclusive. They give you a cheap ass t-shirt and other fabric and probably tin made stuff as all fanclubs do (as it costs **** all to produce) this 10 live track compilation shows a band holding back it's material for a further B-Side odds n bobs and rarities collection at a premium rate so just cast off another average live set which.... would given the chance probably be released in a digi-pack DVD combo by the time LPU8 comes out when it no longer is needed to be exclusive.

People that buy into stuff blindly should expect to be dissapointed & if their lucky get a nice suprise.

But the point of it is getting the exclusive, while it's an exclusive.

If people love the band, then they want to show they have love for that band. This is done by them joining a fan club like the LPU, and getting the exclusive stuff before anyone else has it. It's not buying into a mystery box, because you know what you're going to get with the LPU, to an extent anyway. It's not like you send your money away and sit at home with your fingers crossed hoping you get something awesome. They tell you what your money is entitling you to.

It might be just a money-making scheme or whatever. But if people are real fans of the band that's not what matters. It's the fact that you get to be part of the select community of people that want to show their love toward LP. And I'm not saying this is the best fan club around, far from it. But it could also be a lot worse as well.

If people love the band, then they want to show they have love for that band. This is done by them joining a fan club like the LPU, and getting the exclusive stuff before anyone else has it. It's not buying into a mystery box, because you know what you're going to get with the LPU, to an extent anyway. It's not like you send your money away and sit at home with your fingers crossed hoping you get something awesome. They tell you what your money is entitling you to.

To me people sound pretty clueless to what they are going to get between CDs and it sounds to me like a complete gamble and lottery.

Also you shouldn't have to BUY love >_>

Well the infomation's there, people just obviously aren't looking for it.

And it's not buying love, it's expressing your love by supporting the band.

I knew it, I already knew it... I already ****ing knew it!

If you have low expectations of something you love, then why do you love it?

u know what?!
sometimes i wonder myself same thing... why i still love them? do i still love them?

to be honest, i don't know... i mean, it has dissapointed me so badly... i guess i'm getting tired of all this!

it's hard to me saying all this cause i really was an hardcore fan, always have been... but now i'm getting sick. Since MTM came out, LP have never been the same, that's a fact. And I'm not talking only bout their music...

i think we, true fans, don't deserve to be treated like that, even if it's all Warner's fault or ****, i don't care.
This is all bullshit and I'm not saying anything else. I'm done.

I agree LP has changed alot, if it´s warners fault or not, it´s true
I don´t get the point of the new lpu cd? First selling all the live cd´s, and then put those tracks on the lpu cd?WTF?
I´m still a fan, but i´m really dissapointed about the new cd
10 tracks, and not even 1 or 2 b-sides/other songs?what the hell?

I agree LP has changed alot, if it´s warners fault or not, it´s true
I don´t get the point of the new lpu cd? First selling all the live cd´s, and then put those tracks on the lpu cd?WTF?
I´m still a fan, but i´m really dissapointed about the new cd
10 tracks, and not even 1 or 2 b-sides/other songs?what the hell?
yup how i feel, still a fan, but not part of the lpu

yup how i feel, still a fan, but not part of the lpu

I know, imo it´s crazy if you´re not a fan anymore because you don´t like a cd, i know it´s about the music, but we already have great albums, it´s just because we were all hoping for the b-sides, and then you get this..
Maybe we´ll get them one day..who knows..

Wow ok havent saw the shirt yet and...:eek: wow ok...yuck, what happened to the cool designs that looked like they put 20 min into at least. God it looks lke clip art with Linkin Park posted on it. I'm probable going to get online only just cause they are coming 10 min to my house and I wanna go to a M&G..never been.

Don't worry, I deleted my post, I read on the same page it IS all live. -_-

If they were to give us live tracks, why the ones we already have? And let's face it, Chester wasn't exactly on form all the tour now, was he?

1. shirt looks... LMAO i mean like a scissor?? wtf? LMAO
2. cd... live tracks... c'mon im sorry but they all sound to me the same so i freakin dont care
3. $45 for some "bonus extra special year 1-6 package" well imo they're just trying to gettin rid of that old stuff they have and then want $10 for something that might be 6 years old! wtf? o_O well ok some of you say like the HT EP is good etc but as Azem said the chance to get it is like very low i guess...

can't think of anything else atm xD lol
oh well I prolly won't join...

I agree the new LPU cd looks tat, and i dont really want 10 live tracks, i can watch live tracks on youtube etc, but i disagree with the people here who are saying "Im thru with linkin park, this sucks"
cause i doubt LP actualy have much to do with the LPU now. Warner will be paying some company to keep up with it nowadays. LP are too big and rich to manage it themselves. If it was up to LP they'd probably give us the b-sides.
I can agree with you not wanting to pay for another year of LPU, but dont give up on the band :D

Back