Soccer Thread

oh really?
I think Ronaldinho SHOULD be sold. His level is lowering. He's not the spectacular player he was a couple of years ago.

Robben... refresh my memory. Where does he currently play?

hmm perhaps...but he has scored 20 goals this season...

anyway yeah robben plays for chelsea, he's the dutch winger that never passes the ball...

hahahaha
he never passes the ball ehh?
they could keep him on the right side and ronaldinho can be on the left...
then barca would have the ultimate in ballhogness (made up word, shut up).
Yes! I think Ronaldhinho is a ball hog for some reason...

anywho, those 20 goals come from the absence of all the Barca strikers. Messi, Etoo, and Saviola were all injured at one time weren't they?

ronaldinho is still a helluva lot better than alot of other players in the world,regardless of how much he blows right now lol hes the leading la liga scorer...which is saying something since hes always been more the creator and passer than finisher. hes had to do alot of shouldering with eto'o,messi,saviola out for sooo long. but theyre back now...and who knows...give him a decent break to refresh himself...and we may yet see the best to come.

dont think mourinho(if he stays at chelsea next season), is gonna let go of robben, as much of a ball hog he is, hes still only...23? 24? still years away from peaking, plus his impact from off the bench is rarely matched. on his day,hes one of the best...on his off days(which is still pretty regular), hes abysmal.

if barca are going to go for a new attacking winger, go for Ricardo Quaresma, hes killing it at FC Porto,hes brutally powerful and fast,its surprising that noones really made a play for him yet, this way C.Ronaldo can stay at OT! i think that barca should really be looking at focusing their stocks on a new gun striker and midfielder, since Deco and Eto'o have already both openly come out and said theyre looking for new options for other clubs.

hahahaha
he never passes the ball ehh?
they could keep him on the right side and ronaldinho can be on the left...
then barca would have the ultimate in ballhogness (made up word, shut up).
Yes! I think Ronaldhinho is a ball hog for some reason...

anywho, those 20 goals come from the absence of all the Barca strikers. Messi, Etoo, and Saviola were all injured at one time weren't they?
lol ballhogness
well I wouldn't say that, Saviola has scored 12 goals so far, and Eiður has scored 11...
yeah Messi and Eto'o haven't been scoring that much (Eto'o's stil got 8 goals mind you)

Hazi[LP]Tonz;473140 said:
if barca are going to go for a new attacking winger, go for Ricardo Quaresma, hes killing it at FC Porto,hes brutally powerful and fast,its surprising that noones really made a play for him yet, this way C.Ronaldo can stay at OT! i think that barca should really be looking at focusing their stocks on a new gun striker and midfielder, since Deco and Eto'o have already both openly come out and said theyre looking for new options for other clubs.
lol
they already bought Quaresma a few years ago, and him being at barca didn't work out, so they sold him back to Porto

well i really dont like spanish la liga i donno it doesent have that 'HOLY ****ING AWESOME ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE' feel to it if you know what i mean :p but when spanish sides play in champions league its cool
looks like MAN UNT will win after all :D :D :D
i hope they go on to win the champions league but i think AC Milan has good chance with AS Roma

well i really dont like spanish la liga i donno it doesent have that 'HOLY ****ING AWESOME ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE' feel to it if you know what i mean :p but when spanish sides play in champions league its cool
looks like MAN UNT will win after all :D :D :D
i hope they go on to win the champions league but i think AC Milan has good chance with AS Roma
i know exactly what you mean :p

ahaha yer i know about quares time at barca...but i mean now, sure it didnt work before....but going by his form now, theyd be absolutely kicking themselves for lettin him go! im honestly looking forward to this next transfer window...all the "reported" players going on the market...eto'o,gudjohnsen,deco,torres,bale and so many others, there is going to be much scrambling for signatures. id love to see hargreaves finally get sold to man u,i dunno how many times owen has said he d rather come to OT, bayern may as well cash in on him while hes still worth a helluvalot.

hopefully man u can maintain the gap over chelsea, this is getting nervoulsy close now, also the champs league, dont think AC have enough fire power to do much....they bascically play with no forwards, i hope they get shot down hard...although kaka might still rescue them...i ll be up watching every morning to catch the games, theyre always perilously close now, with anything from a heropic save or blundering error the difference!

All roads lead to Athens!

on to a match i seen last night, Australia V China (2-0)
pretty bad match but at hopefully this means australia is gona win a few matches from now on! LOL only sem to be having draws and losses recently ;)

EUROCUP 2008 QUALIFYING ROUND

Group A
Poland 5 - 0 Azerbaijan
Kazakhstan 2 - 1 Serbia
Portugal 4 - 0 Belgium

Group B
Scotland 2 - 1 Georgia
Faroe Islands 0 - 2 Ukraine
Lithuania 0 - 1 France

Group C
Moldova 1 - 1 Malta
Norway 1 - 2 Bosnia-Herzegovina
Greece 1 - 4 Turkey

Group D
Republic of Ireland 1 - 0 Wales
Cyprus 1 - 3 Slovakia
Czech Republic 1 - 2 Germany

Group E
Croatia 2 - 1 F.Y.R. Macedonia
Israel 0 - 0 England
Estonia 0 - 2 Russia

Group F
Liechtenstein 1 - 4 Northern Ireland
Spain 2 - 1 Denmark

they tied against israel... wow...
that's the score that surprised me the most...
as well as the 4 - 1 victory by turkey... thats sweet :D

can i just clarify something? england arent on a slump...theyre just particualrly **** on the international stage, the only consistency is in the fans backlash everytime they put in a bad performance

england tying against israel isnt that big a surprise...considering they played like ****, there was no continuity, andy johnson and wayne rooney basically saw nothing of the ball and any attacking moves they even BOTHERED to start all ended quite flatly or lethagically,isreal were unlucky not to punish england. england are alot like spain....great individuals...(lampard,gerrard,rooney...etc), yet they all cant gel at international level. at least with spain...their individuals all have the ability to break a game wide open themsevles,england players are always cagey...and why mcclaren ever got the job amuses me...kinda like sydney fc appointing terry butcher...

in anycase...sydney fc drew 2-2 with urawa reds...after leading 2-0 for the most part, uwara are seen as the Man U of japanese football, so its a fair result for fc....but prolly shoulda capatilised a lil better =[ BRANKO FOR LEAD COACH!
adelaide beat dong tam long an(vietnamese football club) 2-0. i was actually going for dont tam...=[ oh well....

australia beat china 2-0 minus about 6-7 world cup stars, so its a pretty good result,dukes was in good touch,stinging the keepers palms a few times,bresciano looked good, and i like the look for valeri to one day replace grella, certainly us missing players like culina,kewell,emerton,moore etc. asian cup looks promising! not to mention our young kids,who are looking quite good not only in china on the weekend,but also the ones who travelled with the olyroos like nicky ward,david williams etc
once schwarzers gone...we still have frederici and brad jones,defence wise we have beachamp,milligan,thwaite and co, while in the midfielder players like kaz patafta,carl valeri,david carney and forwards like kristian sarkies,danny allsop,david williams an nicky ward, the future looks bright for the socceroos!

how is it not a slump when they play like **** (btw your own words) and haven't won a single match for I don't know how many games

England is ****... end of discussion

International Friendly
3_c.gif
2 vs. 1
paraguay_c.gif

Mexico - Paraguay

Goals
(Mex) Jared Borgetti (Sub in 78' min) (78') (82')
(Par) Roque Santa Cruz (90+1)

lol it was a crazy game...
the second goal was almost an olympic goal (you know... the corner kick goal thing).
Gonzalo Pineda sent the cross and it curved perfectly inside... but just scraped the post a little for it to bounce towards the area. There, Borgetti was greeted with the ball which just landed right in front of him to just push in. *sigh* Too bad I consider him a "stump" (in spanish we call slow forwards who are just there to meet the ball troncos (which is stump in english)).

no I don't know what you mean by "olympic goal" lol

ah...I didn't take him for a tronco
well I'd be pretty happy about the win if I were Mexican whether Borgetti's a tronco or not

*sigh*
the "olympic goal" happens when someone kicks the corner kick and the ball curves inside the net. "Gol Olympico" in spanish.

Obviously, Borgetti was a tronco since he couldn't become a regular for Bolton =.=
I'm happy that Mexico won.. don't get me wrong lol.

USA 3 - 1 Ecuador

Goals
(USA)Landon Donovan (1') (66') (67')
(Ecu)Felipe Caicedo (11')

i thought that made perfect sense, england arent on a slump simply because they havnt shown any good enough form to suggest theyve played any better than they did against israel, basically that was england on form, thats as good as its gonna get,slump woulda been they played worse than usual. when you've been out of form and struggling for as long as england have, slump just doesnt stretch far enough to cover what england are in. slump is seen as something of a short term thing,england arent in a slump,theyve been playing like this since.....WELL before the world cup of 06

england have a chance to redeem themselves tmoro against very lowly andorra, should be a cracker of a match, and hopefully scotland will snuff the lights outta italy the day after

argentina and uruguay are heading downunder in the next few months, is anyone going to any of the matches? i

ronaldinho scored his first goals since confed cup 05, nice freekick and a spotkick(?), c.ronaldo scored a double for portugal. alot of euro teams are kickin into gear, and alot are stumbling. italy,england,spain are in real danger atm

come june we re gonna possibly see alot of transfers, hold on to your hats, you're gonna see enough "reported" zeros to make your head spin

Back