Stay Together For The Kids

Pheonix791989

Believe: MindFreak
this is my newest fan fic. The first two chapters or so is about a girl who is almost 18 named Rin. Rin DeLongue. She is Tom DeLongue's little sister. She has lived with her brother ever since her parents split. there is one thing that is special about her, she's partialy deaf. Her brother takes care of her especailly when they are on tour. Rin dosen't think it's possible that there is someone out there that will love her like her brother will. That is untill she meets Pheonix. Ok for starters here's how things are gonna be

'........' this is sign language (you'll get it when the time comes)
"......." Spoken words
thoughts will be in italics

a girl with long dark brown hair stared out the window. She listened to the yelling that was happening down stairs. Rin had heard the conversation many times already. Her parents had the same one no more then five years ago. there was always alot of yelling. Rin quietly slipped down stairs past her brother and her sister in law fighting. They had been fighting just like mom and dad always fought. She sat out on the front steps. She saw someone comming up the driveway. It was Her brother's best friend Mark Hoppus. 'Hey Mark, wouldnt go in there if I were you.' She made some quick motions with her hands. 'oh, thanks for warning me. are they at it again?' mark asked as he signed back to her. 'yeah man its big this time.' she told him. 'ok I'll stay away for now.' Mark gave her a smile the went back to his car and pulled out of the driveway. Rin sat down on the steps for what seemed like a few hours.
She felt a touch on her shoulder that made her jump a foot in the air. It was her brother Tom. She frowned at him 'you scared the crap out of me.' she signed angrily. Tom put his hands up in defense. 'sorry. I didnt mean to scare you.' he looked at her. 'you and jen fight just like they did. it scares me bad' Her big brother hugged her tightly. 'I'm sorry are you finished packing? the bus is going to be here in a few secconds.' he signed to her. 'yeah did you remember to pack extra lysol?' she teased him. 'no but i wouldnt put it past the LP guys to have some with them.' Tom signed. The two looked up as they heard screeching. 'that's Travis and mark. Mark came by earlier.' Tom nodded. 'Let's go get our stuff.'

~~~with the LP boys~~~~~
"Your kidding me!" Pheonix screeched as Mike told him they would be sharing a bus with the Blink guys. "Its hard enough to be stuck with Joe and Chester but the blink-182 guys??!!" Mike shrugged. "Tom's sister is comming too." Mike added. "Ok this is it! I am officailly going crazy!!" Mike smiled at his friend. "Don't worry, about it. She talks with sign-language." Pheonix fell silent. "Pheonix? Pheonix? Dude your spacing out. HELLO!! WE"RE HERE!!" Mike yelled in her ear.

reviews make me happy

im listening to adam's song right now. did ne one hear about Blink breaking up? Just wondering because everyones saying it around my school. If there are any Blink-182 guys by off chance reading this, DO NOT BREAK UP!! on a lighter note heres the next chapter.

~~in the end ~~

'Tom how come you and Jen fight like mom and dad did?' Rin asked as they sat on the front steps. 'its hard to explain.' He signed. Tom looked up at the sound of a car comming. Rin folloewd his gaze. Unconciously she brushed her hair down over her ear. It was Travis and Mark. Rin didn't want them to know but she knew what happened when ever they got together at band practice. Whenever they came over, things ended up getting ugly. The bus came to a loud stop as her and the guys piled their things in the drive way. They started loading the bus up. Tom grabbed Rim by the hand and pulled her over to meet the guys. Tom went through a comentary even though she knew who they were. 'Hi I'm pheonix' pheonix signed as Mike's jaw dropped to the ground. "Phi you didn't tell us that you knew sign language. Pheonix shrugged and said, "its nothing really. so what?" He then turned and sauntered inside the bus. 'Don't worry about him.' Tom signed.Rin shrugged her shoulders like Pheonix did. 'You get used to it after a while.' she signed.

She sat on the bus alone when her brother and the band were at sound check. If she had the money, she'd bet you 100$ that her brother and his friends were fighting over something stupid again. Rin felt the hot tears fall down her cheek as she heard Tom's unmistakeable voice from the venue. She then jumped as she saw someone come on the bus. It was Pheonix. He sat down beside her. 'Are you alright? Tell me what's wrong?' He offered. Pheonix really felt bad about starting off seeming like a cold person. She brushed the hair away from her right ear. Pheonix's eyes widened a fraction of an inch. it was all mangeled. 'you want to tell me what happened to your ear while your at it?' He signed. 'its a long story.' she said hoping to get him off of the idea. 'I just got back from sound check so i have plenty of time.' he motioned. 'alright, do you remember the shooting that happened at San Diego HS two years ago?' she asked with her hands. 'yeah, it was on the TV for months. the pictures gave me nightmares.' he signed. he shuddered as he remembered all of the horrifying pictures. 'I was there. I remember the screams of my friends, how the air smelled of gun powder, the explosion in the cafeteria, the last thing I heard was my best friend James's soft voice before he died. the sound of his CD playing over and over. how scared i was when they shot my friend Megan. The sound of 'in the end' playing amongst the screams. the smell of death. I was one of the lucky ones.'

im stopping here so when i get reviews ill update

ok it might be a while in between chapters because i have basketball practice every day till march forth so ill get the chapters up when I can.

~~Late night RPG-ing ~~

'Man, that's....wow.' Pheonix signed. He really didn't know what to say. 'It was like hell. they came into the cafeteria where me and james were. They set off the bomb that was two tables behinde me. It exploded and knocked us forward. It hurt so bad.' She twisted her hair into a messy pony tail. 'I bet you still have nightmares about it.' She nodded.

They were on the road again. Rin fell into an uneasy sleep as the bus went over every pot hole in the history of the US. She heard the screams of her friends, the acrid smell of gun powder that burned her nose, Tom begging her to still be alive as they ran, the screams of her parents at night when she and Tom were suposed to be asleep, The sight of Tom lying unconcious as their father backhanded him, her first crush on Mark, The fight to end all wars in the DeLongue house. The sound of her brother's shouting in her mind jolted her awake. She smacked her head on the ceiling of the bunk. She then lost her balance and went toppeling through the privecy curtin on the floor. She landed with a loud thump. She saw a soft blue glow comming from the bottom bunk. Pheonix poked his head out of his bunk and looked around. He finally saw rin on the floor. 'What happened? are you ok?' He signed. He got out of his bunk and helped her up. She was still shaking really bad. 'I just had a really bad nightmare that's all.' Her shaky hands formed the words. 'are you going to be alright?' he asked. 'yeah, what are you doing up this late?' She asked him. 'well i couldnt sleep so i was playing this really awesome RPG online on my laptop, want to check it out?' he told her. 'yeah, sure.'

sorry it is so short. i didnt have much time to write on this today but i promise that the next chapter will be longer

ok i know the site was down for a while so im finally getting a chance to update. check out my new website at www.freewebs.com/bandfanfics i have two really awesome never before seen Linkin Park stories. now heres the next chapter
~~~Adam's Song~~~

Tom woke up grogily. He hated mornings. He rolled out of his bunk and streatched. He heard laughing comming from the back room and since he didn't see his sister any where, he figured she was in the back room. "That's it you got it!!" Pheonix said. Tom wandered into the back room to see what was up. Rin was was playing Brad in Tony Hawks Underground 2. Pheonix cheered her on as she ran Brad's character over with a hospital bed. Tom laughed. "What are you guys doing to my sweet and innocent sister?" Brad scoffed, not taking his eyes off the screen. "Yeah sweet and innocent my ass." Pheonix ignored Brad. "We're re-edumacatin her thats all. now hit the x button three times!" Rin did as Pheonix instructed. Her character locked Brads into a port-a-potty and launched it into the boston harbor. Tom chuckeled again. "That's deffinentaly my little sister."

Rin felt like she was being torn from the inside out. She sat backstage off to the side as her brother was preforming on stage. They were playing Adam's Song. She remembered along time ago when she had really bad nightmares and people would shun her just because she was almost 70% deaf. it made her feel so depressed, she almost commited suicide. Tom wrote Adam's Song for her. She got up from her spot and started wandering around thinking she was alone. "You know I hear you cry at night on the bus when you sleep." Pheonix said as he sat down beside her suprising her a little. 'It's just bad dreams you know. everyone has them.' she signed. "Well what do you dream about?" Pheonix asked. 'everyone dying, rembering my mom and dad fighting again. They split a while ago that's why I live with Tom.' Pheonix nodded. "You know that I'm here to talk if you ever need it." 'I'm glad i have someone cute and who can use sign language.' she signed with a little blush in her cheeks. "I dont know about cute but thanks. You want to get something to eat?" Rin turned and hugged him

ok sorry i posted this without the A/N that i was going to put in, to answer some questions, yes rin likes pheonix, no he dosent know it yet. there will be more complications to come so its gonna be fun.

the next part. the final basketball game is tomorrow so I will have more time to write more chapters. To my one and only reader lpevanstaind the official next chapter

~~~ I....Hate....You~~~

She sat in the front of the bus with her hands over her ears. Tom and Travis were having yet another fight. To top it off, Mark was yelling at both the drummer and the guitarist for fighting. Rin tried to shut out the voices but they just seemed to grow louder and louder with each passing second. It was now just too much for her to take. She covered her head with her arms and curled up to try to block them. She reached her breaking point. "STOP IT TOM JUST ****ING STOP IT!!!" She screamed at him. Everything stopped and stood still. Her first words in what seemed like forever. "Just stop it Tom you always ****ing nit pick over every little thing! you promised you would stop fighting you ****ing liar!" She screamed as tears ran down her face. For a moment Tom held the classic deer caught in the headlights look on his face. He then reached out to her. Rin pullede her body away from him. "Go away Tom. I hate you." She yelled as she ran out the bus door. Behinde her she could hear the yelling start up again as Mark and Travis started yelling at Tom about responsibility and being an older brother. She took her refuge under a tree that was on top of a hill that over looked the bus parking lot. She curled up knees to chest and started crying. now she wished she was 100 % deaf so she wouldnt have to hear Tom yelling.
~~Flashback~~
She cowered in the corner holding her hands to her bleeding face. A broken beer bottle laid shattered around her. Tom crawled towards her on one hand while the other nursed his broken nose and busted lip. Their mom and dad were fighting again. This time it had gotten out of hand, even more then usual. The little ten year old girl was in the corner crying and shaking. Her brother threw himself over her to protect her from other flying objects. "Promise me you wont fight like them." The ten year old managed to get out as she looked up into her brother's face. A bubble of blood came at the corner of Tom's mouth as he spoke. "I promise Rin we'll get through this together." "You know what Alex (tom's dad dont know his real name or his mom name either so i made some up) I want a ****ing divorce!" Their mom screamed as the two had abandoned the use of weapons. "Well then Christine (his mom) get one." their father roared. It caused her to move closer to Tom. He cradeled her protectively in his arms. "Don't leave me Tom." She said clutching to his shirt that was already dark with both of their blood, the only thing she could find some sort of comfort in. "I won't I promise." He said. The lanky fifteen year old picked his sister up and ran for the door, their parents too busy yelling and screaming to notice. Tom's first thought was to run for Scott's house. :I can't make it all the way to scott's, Mark's alot closer.: He thought. He ran down the street his little sister shaking in his arms. Tom was at the end of the drive way as he started to call mark's name. Mark threw open the door as Tom collapsed from exchaustion (sp i kno). "What the **** Tom? Are you ok?"
~~End Flashback~~
Her tear staind face looked up as some heavy music began to play. It was the same song from her friend's CD. It made her cry harder. Linkin Park was still playing on the stage. I wish you could give me someone to trust. She prayed to no one. You do have someone, what about pheonix? she answered her own question. Maybe she would talk to him later when she wasnt so wound up. She was still really mad at Tom.

her ya go the fourth. hope you like it

~~Dare You To Move~~

Pheonix looked around as he and the guys came in the tour bus carrying their instruments. "Hey Tom where is your sister?" Chester asked. Tom looked up looking depressed and haggared. "No idea. she went out." he croaked. His eyes were a blood shot red from crying. "I can't believe you Tom you let her out when we only have about ten minutes before we leave? You are so ****ing irresponsible!!" Pheonix snarled as he dropped his bass case (I'm such a poet) Pheonix then grabbed his jacket and turned to the door. Mike was blocking in the way. "Don't even try to ****ing stop me Shinoda." He growled. Mike threw up his hands in surrender. "Look Phi incase you don't remember the last time I tried to stop you I was on the recieving end of one of your right hooks. I may do alot of stupid things but I don't have a death wish." Pheonix ignored him and ran out the door. outside he pulled up his hoodie since it had started raining. With her gone, He autonatically assumed the worse had happened to her. He ran though the rows of buses looking for her. He then spied a figure at the top of a hill over looking the bus parking lot. "God I hope nothing bad happened to her." He prayed to no one. The rain was comming down harder. "Rin are you alright?" He shouted as he ran up the hill. She looked up at him shaking and shivering. Damn freaking canada, he cursed in his mind. "Here." He took his jacket that he had grabbed and put it around her shoulders. "Thank you." She said taking the jacket gratefully. "Rin what did you do to Tom to make him so depressed?" She hung her head as if she was ashamed. "Look Rin I know that you think I won't understand it but I can't understand what I don't know." He took her hand and then tilted her chin upwards. "Please." He begged. "I yelled at him I told him I hated him." She said. Pheonix wrapped her up in a hug. Her tears were warm on his shirt. "Lets just talk with him, I promise that things will be alright."

here is the fifth part so have fun

hey guys im in a good mood so im gonna write an extra long chapter tomorrow. I have a BF and my day just got better. I'm taking a college course AP music theory, I went from art2 to art4, no art exam tomorrow, and I made a 100 in english/journalisim. so tomorrow i will put an extra long chappie up. who would have thought a tenth grader taking a college course.

~~Everytime~~

"Hey Mark," "Yeah Phi?" "How well do you know Rin?" Pheonix asked. Mark sat up from the couch. "Depends on what you want to know and why you want to know it." He said as he leaned his head back down on the side of the couch. "I just want to do something to cheer her up you know. Who's her favorite band maybe we can get them to play her favorite song or something." Pheonix said as he rubbed his hand over his bald head. "That's an awesome idea man. Her favorite band is Simple Plan. we're picking them up on the next hotel stop before we get to Montreal." Pheonix almost turned a ghostly shade of white. The Simple Plan boys were worse then Joe, Chester, Mark AND Tom on a sugar rush and on cafiene(SP?). "Ok, when is the next hotel stop?" Pheonix asked, trying to count down the days before they have total chaos. "Umm four hours." Pheonix's mind came to a grinding halt. "Ok are you going to call them now or something?" He asked Mark as he took his cell phone. "Yeah of course." He said with a really big mischevious grin.

"Come on Rin you gotta stop moping around. I swear if your lip goes down any further you'll trip over it." Pheonix said with a little laugh. "What are you so excited aobut?" Rin asked as she looked up with a sad look in her eyes. Pheonix took her by the hand and led her down the hallway to her room. He gave her a card key that had room number 509 on it. She heard a bunch of wild and rambunctious laughter. "Pheonix, are Chester and Joe on a sugar rush?" She asked. "No just open the door and find out." Pheonix urged. Pheonix grinned then turned and ran. She rolled her eyes at him. She slid the card in the door then opened it. Something came flying at her from inside the room. (dun dun duuunnn!)

Rin ducked as a Pillow flew over her head. "Hey Rin come on in!!" A voice said. Someone grabbed her by the hand and pulled her in the room. "Mark and Pheonix said that you needed some cheering up. So your Cheer up crew is here." Her eyes went wide and her mouth fell to the floor. "There is no ****ing way that I'm in the same room as Simple Plan!!" She said with excitement and suprise. "I'm Pierre, that's David, the moron, Chuck, the other moron, Jeff the guitarest, yet another moron, and Seb the biggest moron of them all." Suddenly Pierre was jumped and being puonded with pillows. The sight made Rin laugh. She absentmindedly played with a hole in her already worn and ripped jeans. She just stared at her worn chucks. "Ok enough of hanging around here. Let's go show you our home city. Welcome to Montreal." Pierre said. The SP guys grinned and they all walked outside to the city.

"So Rin, what's your favorite band?" Pierre asked as he sat down beside her on a bench that was out in the park where they watched the other guys mess around. "You guys. I especaily love your new CD." She said a little shyly. Pierre nodded his head as if he was in some deep thought. "Tonight we're going to this club for open mic night do you want to come?" Pierre asked. "Yeah I'd love to." She said.

It was crowded at the venue the next night. Rin was right up close to the stage. She was really tired since she and Pierre had been up since two in the morning talking about everything. She felt really comfortable with him. Something she hadn't felt in a long time. Rin just lost her trust for men slowly her father being the straw that broke the camals back. There were only a few guys that she trusted now and that came out to be less then a few. But she was having a blast at the Simple Plan set. They played all of her favorite songs. "Now guess what guys, " Pierre asked the crowd. They all replied with a thunderous "WHAT?" Pierre came closer to the front of the stage. "I want to dedicate this next song to a new girl in my life, her name's Rin DeLongue, and lets get her up on stage!!" Pierre set the mic down and took her by the hands and pulled her up on the stage.

"It was 3 am when you woke me up
we jumped in the car and drove as fast as we could go
just to get away
we talked about our lives untill the sun came up
and now Thinking about how I wish I could go back with you
just for one more day
one more day with you

Everytime I see your face
Everytime you look my way
It's like it all falls into place
every thing feels so right.
ever since you walked away
you left my life in dissaray
All I want is one more day
'Cuz all I need is one more day with you

When the car broke down
we just kept walking along
Till it hit this town
there was nothing there at all
but that was all ok
we spent all our money on stupid things
but if I look back now I'd probably give it all away
Just for one more day
one more day with you

everytime you look my way
Its like it all falls into place
Everything feels right
Ever since you walked away
you left my life in dissarray
All I want is one more day
its all i need
is one more day with you

now I'm sitting here
like we used to do
I think about my life
and now there's nothing I won't do
Just for one more day
one more day

everytime you look my way
Everything feels alright
Everytime I hear your name
Every ime I feel the same
Everything, Everything feels right
you walked away just one more day
Is all I need is one more day with you

Pierre looked into her eyes. Rin gave her first genuine smile in a long time. There were more thunderous roars from the crowd "Kiss him Kiss him!" They chanted. It felt so right at the moment. She stood up on her tip toes and gave him a kiss on the lips. Pierre broke out in the biggest smile and turned a few back flips. Seb then said into his mic "Hey every one looks like little Pierre is happy about something!" People started laughing as Pierre started turning more back flips like a circus monkey. "Pierre, stop being such a show off and let's finish the show!" Jeff said.

Off to the side, Pheonix felt like he was betrayed by her. He wanted that kiss. He then mentaly smacked himself. come on man pull yourself together, you can't fall in love with her. He thought embarrassed. there is no snowballs chance in hell that Tom would be alright with him dating her. Plus he had a wife. She'd be better off with Pierre anyways.

hope you like it. its not much but the plot it thickening

ok i got an Idea for the next chapter so here we go.

~~Shut Up~~

He felt really stupid to think that he had a chance with her. But that still didnt stop him from being mad. "Pheonix stop being a baby about this, you have a wife." Mike said as they flopped down on the couch in the back room. "I know, I just, I just, oh screw this." He said giving up trying to talk to Mike. "Screw you Pheonix? Love to but no thanks." Joe said as he walked in. "**** off Joe." Pheonix grumbeled. "Dude chill out, be all like mellow." Brad said. Suddenly the bus door opened up. Rin walked in. It was now like three months that she had been going with Pierre. Pheonix had been acting like an ass to her. Always trying to tell her who to hang out with and what to do. It was getting really anoying. "Where's Pierre at?" Pheonix asked as the other guys slinked off of the bus. "He's at sound check. What's been up your ass lately?" Pheonix lifted up an anoyed eyebrow. "Oh really. Thats so great!!" Pheonix said with scarsim. "Look Pheonix just stay out of it will you. I don't know what the hell is going on in that cueball head of yours but leave me and Pierre out of this will you." She said trying to keep her calm. She had a temper that was exactly like Tom's, one that was only rivaled by Chester's. "I don't understand what you see in him." Pheonix snorted. "Just Shut up about it Pheonix, you think you know what I need you dont. I dont know what the hell has gotten into your head but keep it the **** in there. I don't ****ing need any more grief from any one. Especaily you. your not my father hell your not even my brother. Leave me alone and shut up." She stormed out the door. Mike slapped Pheonix on the back as he, brad and Joe came out from hiding. They all had experiences with Rin's Temper and Chester's in the same night. The two had ended up in a fight and Rin clocked Chester across the jaw, he ended up with a gigantic bruise on his cheek. But they had patched things up and now they were the best of friends. They were so much alike personality wise it was hard to believe that she and Tom were related instead of her and chester. "Nice going old man." Mike said. "Oh bugger off will you." Pheonix said sourly. "Just what ever man. We're all here for you when you need us." Joe said as he and the other two walked off of the bus.

"Rin, what's wrong?" Pierre asked as he hung upside down from a tree limb as Rin hung from beside him too. "Pheonix is just giving me a hard time that's all." Pierre flipped over and staggered around for a little bit. His face still a bright pink from the blood rushing to his head. "Well he's not exactly the most friendly guy in the world." Pierre said as he was knocked off balance by gravity. "I know its just he's worried about something and it has something to do with me and you. That's about all I know." She said as Pierre stood up to give her a kiss on the lips while she was still upsidedown. this was her acting more like a kid. She had a really rough childhood so this was like her one chance of being a kid again. "Maybe I can talk to him about it. You and I both know that I'd never do anything to hurt you." They both deepened the kiss. "I know that but maybe he dosen't" Rin said. "I promise I'll talk to him maybe he just needs some reassurance." Pierre said as he continued to to kiss her.

"Hey Chester, Tom, where's Pheonix?" Pierre asked as He came in on the bus. "No idea. what do you want to talk to him so badly for?" Chester asked as he took another sip of beer. "I just wanted to talk to him about Rin." Tom dropped the cup he was holding. beer poured from the bottle that chester was holding, he didnt seem to notice that it was soaking him through. "Hey Chester, what the hell is wrong with you?" The tour bus door opened up. It was Pheonix. He waved his hand infront of Chester's eyes. Chester let out a yelp as the dawn of realization came across his face. He stood up cursing and sputtering. He then stomped off to go change. "Ummm I think I'll go see if he needs help." Tom said as he got up and followed Chester. "What do you want Pierre?" Pheonix asked coldly. "Look Pheonix, I just wanted to talk to you about Rin." Pheonix turned and then walked back off of the bus. "Pheonix wait." He shouted as he ran after him. "Look Pierre, I have nothing to say to you."

Back