Upgrade some loyal members

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm
well i actually think the community choosing mods [ that are agreeable with admins ] is a good idea.
cuz then instead of nobody listening tot he mods, they probably will. i don't know tho, i don't think it's ever been done really. could have, not sure tho. but it's kinda like a presidency, voted for by the people, then they can't get too bitchy. they chose em.

But then that is just a popularity test.. Not everyone will vote for who the think are the BEST for the job, they will vote for WHO they like the most. It could be a good idea, or a dangerous one.. Then you have to look at, does this new voted in person get along with the current staff, sometimes it's not so.. whereas if the person is choosen by the Mods and Admins, it ensures that they have complete trust in them and that they all get along. For example.. You may not like one of the mods now, but the staff must of trusted that person, and believed outta what 6,000 memebers they were the BEST for the job..But what if so and so, is your favorite person and has caused hell recently, but you were one his/her side, so you vote for them, that will cause interstaff trouble.. Just my 2 cents.

Well what about this.

The people of LPF pick a few people who they think would be the BEST for the job, then the Mods and Admins think it over and choose from who the people want, then they can decide if the person will be fair and get along with everyone. That way, both the Admins/Mods are happy and the people would be happy.

its still a popularity contest though.
although i like the idea of voting in theory, in practise it rarely works.

take for example my school, at the end of last year, we had an election for different roles in the school. one popular girl got the position of head of the student council, and yet, she had never been to one meeting, when there were plenty of other candidates who had been to them, and were far more qualified.

Greyfoxx said:
Well what about this.

The people of LPF pick a few people who they think would be the BEST for the job, then the Mods and Admins think it over and choose from who the people want, then they can decide if the person will be fair and get along with everyone. That way, both the Admins/Mods are happy and the people would be happy.
now thats a great idea!

Foxx's idea is pretty good...

Anyway, I also kinda think we don't need any more mods and admins...I appreciate the job that the current ones are doin...so, I guess I think we should leave the decision up to them...they deserve it... And when they think some of us member deserve somethin more...I believe they'll do so...

About the elites...I'm honoured I was mentioned but...only the time will tell...and the "great power" people... :p

who is qwest? hes admin and its the first time ive ever seen him here O_0
and i dont see hyper here alot either 0_o

Qwest was one of the older admns that owned LPF
I never knew him either....

and Hyper is one of the older members too
He use to be more active.

bwah, i really don't care if we get new ones or not, i'm just happy i was mentioned by the people to get "upgraded" to Mod status. I don't care if i am or not, i'm happy being an Elite.

Greyfoxx said:
Well what about this.

i second that idea..can we all have a vote to like pass that rule or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back