What do you think of Australians?

The Veronicas.

Damn, I'm surprised that I forgot them.

View attachment 812

Oh, and Tori, why the **** would a great act hang in Australia, when they can access the market in the US?

Doesn't mean they have to live there. ;)

Attachments

• 77216aad59f519ceedc596758b74291d.jpg
    77216aad59f519ceedc596758b74291d.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 9
builder said:
Oh, and Tori, why the **** would a great act hang in Australia, when they can access the market in the US?

Doesn't mean they have to live there. ;)
Being that I am not a stalker, I'm not sure when they spend most of their time, but I am pretty sure it is somewhere in the US. As you said, their careers are here. Kidman was born in Hawaii, by the way. Until you can find info saying otherwise, my assumption is that they live here. Perhaps they have a house or villa there, but they live here.

How about Mel Gibson, know for being an Aussie actor:
"Despite a thick Australian accent in some of his earlier films, actor Mel Gibson was born in Peeksill, NY, to Irish Catholic parents. One of eleven children, Gibson didn't set foot in Australia until 1968, and only developed an Aussie accent after his classmates teased him for his American tongue..."

ToriAllen said:
Being that I am not a stalker, I'm not sure when they spend most of their time, but I am pretty sure it is somewhere in the US. As you said, their careers are here. Kidman was born in Hawaii, by the way. Until you can find info saying otherwise, my assumption is that they live here. Perhaps they have a house or villa there, but they live here.

How about Mel Gibson, know for being an Aussie actor:
"Despite a thick Australian accent in some of his earlier films, actor Mel Gibson was born in Peeksill, NY, to Irish Catholic parents. One of eleven children, Gibson didn't set foot in Australia until 1968, and only developed an Aussie accent after his classmates teased him for his American tongue..."

I've not claimed Mel Gibson as an Aussie. Never even thought of him as an Aussie. He did act a brilliant role in a movie where he played a mildly retarded boy called Tim.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080024/

OH, and let's see now, Nicole Kidman's family are all Australian and they reside in Sydney Australia. Hugh Jackman lives in Australia, and so does Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchette.

Turncoats include Greg Norman and Portia de Rossi.

One is a has-been, and one is a rug-muncher. Please retain their passports. ;)

builder said:
Well, she's currently screwing Keith Urban, and he's on tour here, so I guess you'd call her a tourist. :p
Ha Ha, cute.

Hugh Jackman and Cate Blanchette.

Wait until their careers really take off over here and see where they move, not that I can find anything on the web that says where they live now...

ToriAllen said:
Ha Ha, cute.

Hugh Jackman and Cate Blanchette.

Wait until their careers really take off over here and see where they move, not that I can find anything on the web that says where they live now...

Why the need to live there? Hugo Weaving and Bruce Spence are in demand in hollywood, yet both maintain existences in Australia, where there homes and families are. What's the attraction with living in a rat race?

We have perfection here. Damn, even the producers are realising that. :p

Oh, and Cate Blanchette and that hairy ****er, Russell Crowe, both have rural properties that they call home in the state of New South Wales.

Why would any sane Aussie want to bunk down in the US?

builder said:
Oh, and Cate Blanchette and that hairy ****er, Russell Crowe, both have rural properties that they call home in the state of New South Wales.

Why would any sane Aussie want to bunk down in the US?

You can keep Russell Crowe. Admit it builder, you secretly want to bunk down here in the states and want to be noticed by someone to get you moved over here.;)

manicmonday said:
You can keep Russell Crowe. Admit it builder, you secretly want to bunk down here in the states and want to be noticed by someone to get you moved over here.;)

I did say sane Aussie???;)

Love the few I've met.

and...having read and re-read all of Nevil Shute, I think maybe next lifetime I'll be one.

I have to say, at the moment I'm not too impressed. You guys just don't learn, do ya'?
SYDNEY, Australia -- The shark feeding frenzy off eastern Australia hasn't kept everyone out of the water.
An 18-year-old man was bitten in the leg Monday as he waded in water about a foot deep. It was a small shark but the man needed 11 stitches.
Several beaches along Queensland's popular Gold Coast were closed over the weekend as more than 100 hammerhead, gray nurse and bronze whaler sharks fed off massive schools of fish moving along the coast.
Officials have urged people to stick to beaches protected by shark nets or where lifeguards are on patrol.
Now if there's that many sharks in a feeding frenzy WHY would you go in the water?

angie said:
I have to say, at the moment I'm not too impressed. You guys just don't learn, do ya'?

Now if there's that many sharks in a feeding frenzy WHY would you go in the water?

Actually the massive shoals of pilchards these sharks are following are a sign of a very healthy ocean, Angie. The sharks are also mostly tiddlers, meaning four or five feet long. They are also so well fed, the only chance of being bit by one is by accident.

Footage yesterday showed surfers paddling straight over feeding sharks, a diver swimming with the sharks filming them, and fisherman catching them.

No major injuries yet. :cool:

skategreen said:
Love the few I've met.

and...having read and re-read all of Nevil Shute, I think maybe next lifetime I'll be one.

Hey skater, good to see you back here again. Have you read Colleen McCullough?

builder said:
Hey skater, good to see you back here again. Have you read Colleen McCullough?

"The Thorn Birds" is a rite of passage for a teen girl. It's what you go read after the ordeal of trying to insert your first tampon.

The 13 year olds hiding within the bodies of millions of women across the globe all took a moment of being aghast when Richard Chamberlain came out of the closet. I believe I may have donned black that day.

Back