What do you think of Australians?

builder said:
Actually the massive shoals of pilchards these sharks are following are a sign of a very healthy ocean, Angie. The sharks are also mostly tiddlers, meaning four or five feet long. They are also so well fed, the only chance of being bit by one is by accident.

Footage yesterday showed surfers paddling straight over feeding sharks, a diver swimming with the sharks filming them, and fisherman catching them.

No major injuries yet. :cool:
I have no problems with people swimming with sharks. I've seen it dozens of times on documentaries. And no, they don't always attack. But from what I got from the news article, the danger wasn't the shark going "human, yum" it was more of an accidental bite in all of their excitement. To be honest, I would love the opportunity to swim with some sharks. I think they are fascinating creatures. Just not when there's over 100 feeding in one area. Too much chance of a mishap there.

[SIZE=-1]"a World Health Organisation report that finds almost 50 per cent of prisoners entering South Australia's penal system had both drug and mental health problems."

One must wonder if it is ONLY South Australia...after all, they were all prisoners...
[/SIZE]

jokersarewild said:
[SIZE=-1]"a World Health Organisation report that finds almost 50 per cent of prisoners entering South Australia's penal system had both drug and mental health problems."

One must wonder if it is ONLY South Australia...after all, they were all prisoners...
[/SIZE]

Why am I not surprised that you grasped onto this one, JAW?

One in four people suffer some form of mental imbalance. One in three suffer some form of dependancy, even if that dependancy is simply caffeine.

Let's look at the figures for those incarcerated in the US of A, shall we?
;)

skategreen said:
"The Thorn Birds" is a rite of passage for a teen girl. It's what you go read after the ordeal of trying to insert your first tampon.

The 13 year olds hiding within the bodies of millions of women across the globe all took a moment of being aghast when Richard Chamberlain came out of the closet. I believe I may have donned black that day.

Not being a girl, I had no idea that The Thorn Birds was required reading. I'm currently trying to digest another novel from Colleen, titled "Fortune's Favourites", based on the Roman Empire.

I recently read her attempt at foreseeing our future, post industrial age, titled "A New Creed for the Third Millenium". Most insightful, but a touch fanciful.

Old Richard got your fires burning? LOL
;)

builder said:
Not being a girl, I had no idea that The Thorn Birds was required reading. I'm currently trying to digest another novel from Colleen, titled "Fortune's Favourites", based on the Roman Empire.

I recently read her attempt at foreseeing our future, post industrial age, titled "A New Creed for the Third Millenium". Most insightful, but a touch fanciful.

Old Richard got your fires burning? LOL
;)

First you read the book, later you avidly follow the mini-series on TV and fall for the handsome & aloof perfect priest. shrug It's the way of the world.

I didn't like Creed - tried it soon after it came out. We simply MUST discuss some books over in the book thread, no? I'll hunt it up after work.

skategreen said:
First you read the book, later you avidly follow the mini-series on TV and fall for the handsome & aloof perfect priest. shrug It's the way of the world.

I didn't like Creed - tried it soon after it came out. We simply MUST discuss some books over in the book thread, no? I'll hunt it up after work.

I think she simply ran out of wind on Creed. Wasn't quite sure how to finish it off properly. It was a slim read compared to her other epics.

Happy to chat about any other works, for sure. ;)

Why am I not surprised that you grasped onto this one, JAW?

One in four people suffer some form of mental imbalance. One in three suffer some form of dependancy, even if that dependancy is simply caffeine.

Let's look at the figures for those incarcerated in the US of A, shall we?
;)

Well, I had to find something. This is the "WTF do you think about Aussies" thread. I think you are all insane, but your island is nice.

jokersarewild said:
Well, I had to find something. This is the "WTF do you think about Aussies" thread. I think you are all insane, but your island is nice.

Admit it, you're just happy that someone replied to your feeble attempt at humour.

What the hell are Australians?? Are they recycable?
Just kiddin' buildy. If all australians are like you, I guess they are wonderful.(damn,that was cheesy)

ALLAH IS GREAT said:
Just kiddin' buildy. If all australians are like you, I guess they are wonderful.(damn,that was cheesy)

Hey, good to see you back, AIG.

ALLAH IS GREAT said:

Jesus Christ! I was hoping you would've blown yourself up by now. Attention muslim whore.

ALLAH IS GREAT said:

Yes, you can recycle them and turn them into intelligent pieces of **** from the worthless pieces of **** they are now.

Don't sweat it, AIG. The young fella is still spewing about getting idiot boxed in his own poll.

Now that was funny. :p

You'd be in agonizing pain right now, sixes.

Anyway, ManicMishap, First, I don't use the same insult over and over again. Second, I didn't lose a debate to someone 41 years younger than me because I stated my opinion and had nothing to back it up with. Third, I am not an Aussie...

jokersarewild said:
You'd be in agonizing pain right now, sixes.

Anyway, ManicMishap, First, I don't use the same insult over and over again. Second, I didn't lose a debate to someone 41 years younger than me because I stated my opinion and had nothing to back it up with. Third, I am not an Aussie...

Well, I have never seen him use the same insult over and over, but I've seen you not have a coherent thought ever.........

If he's 41 years older than that makes you 2, and that's the intellectual side you have shown, so yep that rings true.

Your not an Aussie, too bad, they do every thing better. Once you go outback you never go back.

Back