What happened to Garth pisses me off!

NASCAR JUNKIE

This is for those of you who dig country like me.

What the **** happened to Garth Brooks! He was the greatest country aritist in the 1990's. That was up until 2001. When he came out with his second to last album. His new album is a tribute to cowboy poet and country singer Chris Ledoux. But his new songs on it suck big time. Not just that. But ever since he dumped his wife for Trisha Yearwood. His life has just been one huge soap opera.

I want to know how a no talent, redneck hack can rake in millions while the legends of the music industry sit back and take it?

His new album is a tribute to cowboy poet and country singer Chris Ledoux

Well it's 40 below, and I don't give a ****, got a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo...

want to know how a no talent, redneck hack can rake in millions while the legends of the music industry sit back and take it?

It's called the sleazy capitalists who run the music industry. They pre-manufacture all their so-called talent snicker and push it on the masses. These people don't consider the legends to be legends. They consider them to be yesterdays news.

NASCAR JUNKIE said:
But ever since he dumped his wife for Trisha Yearwood. His life has just been one huge soap opera.

Garth even proposed to Trisha at the CMA awards show. I thought it was pretty pathetic.

He fell far in my mind when he had a music video showing some of the victims of the Oklahoma bombing, one was a child in the arms of a fireman that was dead. That was wrong. If that was my child I would have been moritified. At the time it was said he didn't get permission from the parents, just used it because the picture had been in the media.

Lethalfind said:
He fell far in my mind when he had a music video showing some of the victims of the Oklahoma bombing, one was a child in the arms of a fireman that was dead. That was wrong. If that was my child I would have been moritified. At the time it was said he didn't get permission from the parents, just used it because the picture had been in the media.

Here Here!

I'm not a religious person nor do I believe the dead person has a clue what is happening but to me its just completely wrong to show pictures of dead people like that, especially a little child like that. I turned completely against him after that. I feel he used those peoples suffering for his own gain and what could be lower, other then being the one to set the bomb himself.

Lethalfind said:
I'm not a religious person nor do I believe the dead person has a clue what is happening but to me its just completely wrong to show pictures of dead people like that, especially a little child like that. I turned completely against him after that. I feel he used those peoples suffering for his own gain and what could be lower, other then being the one to set the bomb himself.
What video was it?

Mohammed_Rots_In_Hell said:
I think ole Garth has been hangin out with his "friends in low places" as of late.

No doubt counting the millions of dollars he made converting country to pre-fab pop bullshit.

Jhony5 said:
No doubt counting the millions of dollars he made converting country to pre-fab pop bullshit.

"People don't get Garth, he's country and he's rock and roll."

No he's not country is Hank Williams Senior and rock and roll is Rush. Garth Brooks is a fat, redneck hack with a fabulous PR crew.

RoyalOrleans said:

No he's not country is Hank Williams Senior and rock and roll is Rush. Garth Brooks is a fat, redneck hack with a fabulous PR crew.

Never hurts to mary a country sow superstar. If there was ever a chance I could tolerate country it disappeared after the popification that occured after Garth.

There is country music that I enjoy, namely Hank Williams Sr and Johnny Cash (I loathe Hank Williams Jr... ****ing asshole). I even like some George Strait, but that is not the sell out pop breed you hear on CMT.

My heart will always be with the blues and classic rock.

RoyalOrleans said:

I like his old stuff. Like when he sang the songs "The Dance","Friends In Low Places","The River" and "Wild Horses". But when he turned pop around the late 90's is when i started hating his music.

What is a hack? Did you mean hick?

Jhony5 said:
Never hurts to mary a country sow superstar. If there was ever a chance I could tolerate country it disappeared after the popification that occured after Garth.
You're right! Most of the ****. That you hear on so called country radio these days is not real country music. The only real traditional country artists that came out in the past five years our Josh Turner, Jamey Johnson and Ray Scott. I'd say Brad Paisley also. But that would be past six years instead.