You Make Money With LPF But You Don't Care About The Site?

In the near future I definetly wanna make some changes. We can drop the inactive elites and appoint new ones... replace a mod or two... whatever. Ill start chatting with Az and Jeez about how we wanna do this, but we'll figure something out. :thumbsup:

A test account I was fooling around with the settings on. Changing it from regular to admin, to site owner, to elite... giving it the highest rep/post#... fooling with its user title... etc.

Not elite anymore, lol

Oh, and youll be happy to know Im demoting these elites to reguar members as a start: (Thx to Clogz for the list.)
aussiegal123 - inactive for two years.
Chestersbabi7 - inactive for two years.
cmlp - inactive since October '07
Crawling - inactive since July '07
Dark Collision - inactive since July '07
FadedBlue - inactive for one year.
linkinparkbabe87 - inactive for one year.
LP4Lyfe - inactive for one year.
Minzara - inactive since August '07.
o0SugaxNxSpice0o - inactive for 11 months.
Spike91232004 - Left LPF two years. (Spike left long ago, he isn't coming back.)
wildchild - inactive for 3 years.
[LP]GotLinkinPark? - inactive for 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
any idea on whos getting promotes? or is this gonna be a happy surprise in the near future and im glad we're finally getting a clean up!

Hey i dunno, but this might be a stretch. how about, the ability to close your own threads? So if someone sees a problem starting, or what they wanted to know, is done they can just close it, and prevent spam? and how about always being able to edit your post? because after a certain amount of time, you can't. and for me, i get annoyed when i have to either double post, or can't update the first post?

Hey i dunno, but this might be a stretch. how about, the ability to close your own threads? So if someone sees a problem starting, or what they wanted to know, is done they can just close it, and prevent spam?
OK, I've just enabled this one, it can be indeed a useful function. If it will cause any problems I can always revert it.
and how about always being able to edit your post? because after a certain amount of time, you can't. and for me, i get annoyed when i have to either double post, or can't update the first post?
There already was a discussion regarding this matter a long time ago.
It is configured now to allow editing during 24 hours from initial posting. (even this is too much IMHO). So you have 24 hours to correct mistakes you might find or change your mind about something. This way the "edit" function serves it's purpose.
If you come back a week or a month later to edit your original post you just confuse people. In this case you better double-post.

Also gone... (havent posted since 2007)
jomama10691
LPF4lyfe
misery
pirra
shirakawa_otori
sum1
XrockinfreakX
Hyper
invisiblekiller
<~DarkShadow~>
Chester_Chaz00
LP186 ... not THAT active + he said we could

Down to 23 elites!

--

Hey i dunno, but this might be a stretch. how about, the ability to close your own threads? So if someone sees a problem starting, or what they wanted to know, is done they can just close it, and prevent spam? and how about always being able to edit your post? because after a certain amount of time, you can't. and for me, i get annoyed when i have to either double post, or can't update the first post?
I dont really see why you would need to close your own threads. If you REALLY need it done just PM one of the the staff or report the first post and say why you think the thread needs closing and we will take care of it. This is not really a common enough problem to be adressed.

As far as editing your posts, you should be able to do that for up to 24 hours... after which point I dont really know why you would want to edit it. Maybe we could make that longer, but thats up to core whether he wants to do that or not.

i see, but like in examle, i have two threads...which i think died lol. I was starting an LPF clan, and i had intentions of updating the first thread every time someone joined etc etc...but than i remembered i couldn't edit back my first post...so in the end, it became a pain in the ass to take care of, that's the only reason I asked

Also gone... (havent posted since 2007)
jomama10691
LPF4lyfe
misery
pirra
shirakawa_otori
sum1
XrockinfreakX
Hyper
invisiblekiller
<~DarkShadow~>
Chester_Chaz00
LP186 ... not THAT active + he said we could

Down to 23 elites!

That means we need some new ones! lol

I dont really see why you would need to close your own threads. If you REALLY need it done just PM the staff. This is not really a common enough problem to be adressed.
That's exactly what I thought.
But as there is an option for it in vBulletin, I figured that it wont hurt to turn it on.

Hey I don't mean so sound narcississtic but can I have my eliteship back please? It was taken off me two or so years ago (for reasons I shall not publicly state and motives I shall not repeat again).

i see, but like in examle, i have two threads...which i think died lol. I was starting an LPF clan, and i had intentions of updating the first thread every time someone joined etc etc...but than i remembered i couldn't edit back my first post...so in the end, it became a pain in the ass to take care of, that's the only reason I asked
Valid point.
OK, let's have it unlimited as an experiment :)

Valid point.
OK, let's have it unlimited as an experiment :)
Works for me... thats how it used to be quite some time ago, and I never noticed any problems then.

Hey I don't mean so sound narcississtic but can I have my eliteship back please? It was taken off me two or so years ago (for reasons I shall not publicly state and motives I shall not repeat again).
Youll have to be nominated/voted for just like everyone else. (Though I will say you have already been nominated.)

Thanks coredump for the updates, i just used the EDIT one on my thread, it was great to have lol.

So i can't wait to see what else happens!

Back