Your sports teams

UGA squeaked by with an ugly win, but a win is a win and I'm not going to complain. LSU visits Athens next Saturday. We can beat them, I have no doubts, but it will be another ugly one.

The Falcons lost to the Patriots. I had to turn switch the game over to something else after the 3rd Quarter.

hugo said:
That double hit on Tebow was scary.

Yeah it was... i thought he broke his neck!!

RoyalOrleans said:
I'm not the world's biggest Tebow fan, but I would be lying to say that I wasn't alarmed.

I agree... From everything I've heard he's such a good guy in real life... It just sucks that some good team (like UGA) didn't pick him up.

RoyalOrleans said:
UGA squeaked by with an ugly win, but a win is a win and I'm not going to complain. LSU visits Athens next Saturday. We can beat them, I have no doubts, but it will be another ugly one.

The Falcons lost to the Patriots. I had to turn switch the game over to something else after the 3rd Quarter.

We're playing nothing but ugly games this year... As long as we win, I don't care.

and i frackin hate the pats.

hugo said:
That double hit on Tebow was scary.

You could see everyone in the stands go silent, we were all scared he was hurt bad. He is doing good now though, he is home and feeling much better. It is never a good time to get hurt but in this case, he will have plenty of time to get on his feet.

timesjoke said:
You could see everyone in the stands go silent, we were all scared he was hurt bad. He is doing good now though, he is home and feeling much better. It is never a good time to get hurt but in this case, he will have plenty of time to get on his feet.

Are you related to Tim Tebow?

Ugh.... that loss to LSU hurt.

Freaking penalties, on both sides of the ball, are killing Georgia.

This was a defensive tug of war, but the Georgia D spent too much time on the field.

Miisouri had a bye week. Next weeks game vs. Nebraska should show how good (or bad) the Tigers are. My Cards will be on the road the whole playoffs, which did not hurt them in 2006. It was great when you heard the silence in NY when Beltran took that third strike, giving the Cards a win in game 7 and a trip to the Series. That moment changed the language of the streets.

pull a Beltran
To strike out looking to end a game. Stemming from the 2006 NLCS when Carlos Beltran was struck out on a nasty curveball by Adam Wainwright. This has come to be defined as when you are hitting on a member of the opposite sex and basically have nothing to say (usually involves a lot of alcohol)
I tried not to pull a beltran when talking to her, but no words were coming out of my mouth.

I actually am glad they got the Dodgers. Wainwright and Carpenter both have wicked curveballs that can be less effective at Coors Field.

hugo said:
Miisouri had a bye week. Next weeks game vs. Nebraska should show how good (or bad) the Tigers are.

Should also show how good/bad my Huskers are. :confused:

May just decide the Big XII north next Thursday, although Kansas could play spoiler.

hugo said:
My Cards will be on the road the whole playoffs, which did not hurt them in 2006. It was great when you heard the silence in NY when Beltran took that third strike, giving the Cards a win in game 7 and a trip to the Series. That moment changed the language of the streets.

With the Braves out of contention, I can put my full support into St. Louis.

hugo said:
I actually am glad they got the Dodgers. Wainwright and Carpenter both have wicked curveballs that can be less effective at Coors Field.

Damn right.

Smokin' Smoltz can tell you how freakin' unfriendly that park is to visiting ball clubs.

ImWithStupid said:
Should also show how good/bad my Huskers are. :confused:

May just decide the Big XII north next Thursday, although Kansas could play spoiler.

Bo Pelini is a damn fine coach.

RoyalOrleans said:
Ugh.... that loss to LSU hurt.

Freaking penalties, on both sides of the ball, are killing Georgia.

This was a defensive tug of war, but the Georgia D spent too much time on the field.

Somebody has got to stop the officials from changing the score of the game with bad calls. They have majorly effected the score in both of UGA's losses this year. I don't get the Excessive celebration call on #8. Green is a hero and went straight to his team to avoid the call... Then they try to make it up by giving the same penalty to LSU... when we couldn't use it.

We were screwed by the officials again.

The Vikings beat Green Bay tonight. Great game!!! Jared Allen was on fire!

Brett Favre, now the only player in history to beat all 32 teams in the NFL. When asked about this amazing feat, he replied...

"Well, you gotta be remembered for something, so..."

Loving you, Brett. Loving you long time!

October 8, 2009..... a day that shall live in infamy. Cards and Tigers both collapse at the end and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

#5 most depressing day in my personal sports watching history

The top 4:

#4 Cards blow game 6 of '85 series
#3 Oilers blow 32 point third quarter lead in playoff game against Bills
#2 Gibson loses Game 7 of 67 series when Curt Flood misplays a fly ball.
#1 Houston Cougars lose to North Carolina State in the NCAA championship game when their coach goes brain dead and has the Cougs go to a four corners offense to protect a lead. One problem: the team has one weakness; free throw shooting.

ImWithStupid said:
Oh yea. I never did weigh in on this thread yet.

College = Huskers in all sports, but if the Huskers are not a factor I'll root for Creighton in baseball and basketball.

Pro Football = St. Louis Rams. Don't laugh and TJ it has nothing to do with you.

Pro Baseball = LA Dodgers

Pro Basketball = LA Lakers

Pro Hockey = LA Kings

NASCAR = Couldn't care less, but if I had to pick a driver, it would be Tony Stewart, cuz he's got tude.

Pro Soccer = OK I was wrong. I could care less

That's about it. There are a few amateur pole dancers that I follow.

That's odd, Hugo. I was pleasantly pleased with both games yesterday.

Padilla, Dodgers beat Cardinals 5-1 for sweep

ST. LOUIS – Unemployed in August, Vicente Padilla kept the Los Angeles Dodgers going in October.

The second-chance pitcher shut down Albert Pujols and the St. Louis Cardinals, putting the Dodgers back in the National League championship series with a 5-1 victory on Saturday night.

Andre Ethier missed the cycle by a single, Manny Ramirez had three hits and two RBIs and the Dodgers didn't need help this time from another St. Louis fielding blunder to sweep their division series opponent for a second straight season.

Padilla, Dodgers beat Cardinals 5-1 for sweep - Yahoo! News

Back