Chronic's '13 Build

Those Tusk HD springs are junk... I used them for a bit and they fade out when they get hot. I'm happy I have a quick adjust on the clutch because I would have to constantly adjust it with the heat of the engine. I haven't had an issue with the Tusk fibers yet and they are a bit cheaper then the OEM fibers.

Fred, DS is gone now right? I'll look into the Tokyo springs, Ghott I think did a write up on a bunch of springs and said the LTR springs are good too if I recall correctly. I'll have to look and see if I can find it... I bet its on his site.

I'm not putting down much power but i've been running the entire tusk HD clutch for over a year now. No problems yet, i was a skeptical because i've heard the tusk clutch kits are junk, but things are working great so far.

Those Tusk HD springs are junk... I used them for a bit and they fade out when they get hot. I'm happy I have a quick adjust on the clutch because I would have to constantly adjust it with the heat of the engine. I haven't had an issue with the Tusk fibers yet and they are a bit cheaper then the OEM fibers.

Fred, DS is gone now right? I'll look into the Tokyo springs, Ghott I think did a write up on a bunch of springs and said the LTR springs are good too if I recall correctly. I'll have to look and see if I can find it... I bet its on his site.

I was looking at Ghott's thread earlier.. Not sure which way to go for 55ish hp.. I'll be talking with Matt from dynomite about it and see what he recomends.

But you know what, Ed, you're 100% right. I did notice last year at the end of the day I had to keep adjusting my clutch to get 1/8" of play, then when she was cold.. it was tight. I'm using the full tusk kit right now and it did work good in my previous build, but last thing I wanna do is smoke a clutch in my first race or something stupid, lol.

When you start to pull some good HP, these fibers and steels are the best.

I'm close to 60hp and the CR500 springs worked well for a few months, then faded away. I have the Dark Synergy springs, same as the Tokyo Mod springs. The whole clutch system feels as good as the day I installed it.

Just seeing this now, Thanks F-red, I'm going to have to spend a bit of time reasearching before I pull the trigger, lol.

The last time I talked to Rob @ DS, he said they still make fork springs. But the clutch springs were discontinued. That's the problem, when you make a product that never needs replacing. I do have another set, but I'm reluctant to let them go! :smokin:
I beleive Gary was the one that said, Tokyo Mods were using the same spring material. That is the key, that makes them work.

Just seeing this now, Thanks F-red, I'm going to have to spend a bit of time reasearching before I pull the trigger, lol.

No problem. Don't short change your clutch components. You put all that energy in the motor, then can't transfer it to the ground.

Good to know, I appreciate the info, Fred!

I've got a clutch in mind that would like having those DS springs if you change your mind :gr_wink:

I recall reading up on GHotts site too and he said the TM springs were the same as the DS ones if not super close. Thats what I plan on running with my setup and some newer fibers and steels Ed gave me as mine are done.next timeis CRF clutch kit tho.

This thing is ready for POWDA
I think black.. I was pondering white or yellow but I like the stealth look.
img26311-1.jpg

img26291-1.jpg

I think Id do red myself, that or black. Those stupid loud colors never seem to remain clean and just look really weird lol.

Well I bought the OEM Crankbearings/seals/bottom end gasket/190-210 main jets/NQVC Needle/R&D Fuel Screw/45-48 Pilot jets..

I was talking wuth Matt and my Carb is done, my head is almost there too. He'll be ready to ship it out tomorrow!

Now I'm between a 06+ airbox or an 04/05 Dasa intake.. the ring must be bored to match the carb but Matt is going to have already sent my stuff to me by the time I could get him a ring.. I may go that route and have my buddy that's a machinest bore it..

My frame is at PC right now too. Just need to call Crank Works and see how it's going on my Crank & Piston.

What about an 06+ FCI on it? I'm not sure I've seen anything about doing that combo on an 04/05 bike. Everything I've read says 04-05/Dasa intake is better then the FCI on the the 04-05 bikes with an FCR carb. 06+ bikes like the FCI intake better then the stock/Dasa... The adapter on the FCR is what messes up the A/F readings on 04/05 FCI intake because it changes the length of the intake run...

My logic behind it is that I want to run a complete airbox with a moddified lid or without a lid. The Dasa intake is my first choice, but because I can't have the ring bored to match in time I may go an alternate route. I do think my local machinest/engine builder (CSR Racing in Maxville) can do the bore work.

Matt said if I CAN'T have it bored by him and have no other means of having it bored, the 06+tube and airbox is almost as good as the Dasa intake.

So buy a 90$ dasa setup and have my buddy bore the ring, or spend the money on an entire 06+setup... I'm leaning toward the DASA setup I think though.

Yeah, it sounds cheaper... Not to toss a wrench in the works but you can still use an air box with the FCI and a used one is only about $40-50 more but you don't need an adapter that costs $50 so its almost a wash.

Yeah, it sounds cheaper... Not to toss a wrench in the works but you can still use an air box with the FCI and a used one is only about $40-50 more but you don't need an adapter that costs $50 so its almost a wash.

I GOT A FCI on my 09 and you only need to open the box intake side a lil to fit the FCI tube and redrill the holes to hold it.. pretty simple really..

Back